Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP: Why is Dwarfstar Bad manners?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Keaka26, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

PvP: Why is Dwarfstar Bad manners?

Ive heard of people saying that dwarf star isnt always allowed because of fire absorb. Why? WHy isnt ravenfrost or lightsabre or Tgods bad manners then?

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

It all depends on who you're dueling with.

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Ravenfrost, Lightsabre, and Thundergod's are all just as BM as Dwarf Star for all the same reasons, to different people. The difference is usually in the legitness of the players and the amount of absorb acquired.

4. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Thundergods is +lightning absorb, not +% lightning absorb.

The main attacks that use cold attacks are sorc attacks, and they have cold mastery lowering your cold resist. Without ravenfrost you would die very very quickly.

The main attack for lightning is FoH, which is usually coupled with conviction. Or Lightning sentry which does insane damage and is coupled with stun.

The main fire attacK? Meh.

Oh well, that's the best I could come up with.

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin

5. Static

Static Banned

Its all up to you if you want to use absorb or not. Plus there is no way to tell if they are using absorb on you or not so..... Absorb is out there and some people use and some people dont.

6. ArcaneLegend

ArcaneLegend IncGamers Member

well...its understandable to anyone if one uses ravenfrost for dex, ar, cbf. its also reasonable for ppl to use tgods for the dual stats, especially zons for the skills. and lightsabres arent expensive and some ppl may not have any other better weapon choices.

if u ask me, ppl who think those things are bm should stop complaining and just find ways to deal with it. those items are part of the game and therefore in everyway legit imo.

7. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Not true...Which brings me to a rant. Maphackers. Normally I dont care if they MH, but some people are obnoxious. For example the other day, I was in a trades/duel game, and I was fooling around with my Summoner (pvm) with someone else. And some other guy was like "lol look at the guys lame *** stuff. Lol, hes wearing a black hades (merc was wearing the upgraded shaft temporarily) with some weird *** rune combination, hahaha" And Im like WTF? Since when does my gear have to be "teh ub3r l33test" gear on the planet and must meet your approval? GRR.

Anyways, back to the point. So people only consider absorb bad manners because they can no longer abuse their overpowered builds anymore when someone else abuse something like absorb? HAHA, in that case, I guess I wont really care when someone bitches about it then. Not like I dont see teleport being spammed left n right in PvP.

8. ArcaneLegend

ArcaneLegend IncGamers Member

some forms of bad manners can be "excused". for example, a godly trapper with 11k sentries gives u no chance of winning unless u put on some absorb. the godly fire sorcs with their 14k fireballs also dont leave u much of a choice. overpowered builds are called overpowered for a reason, and they call for solutions.

while absorb can deal with some elemental builds, its not enuf to save u from cold sorcs and fohers. in such cases, i take it to the extreme. 4-sapphire monarch and cold resist charms to negate cold mastery. 4-topaz monarch to negate conviction. now THATS BM. then again, without cheap items, i cant lay a finger on the classes that tend to kill me in 1 hit.

9. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Just limit yourself to one item of absorb then.

However, as AznAvatar explained, there are some people that still have ridiculously high amounts of elemental damage. What I do is just switch my gear, but still keep ONE item of absorb. Just boost resists or your "max resists". I always keep a LO Harly in my stash anyways.

AFAIK, I havent really heard from anyone that stacking resists is BM.

10. proudfoot

Everyone is different... On Diablo there is no universal moral law, because Bnetters are inherently evil.

11. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

the only BM that really annoys the hell out of me are trappers who put all their traps right at the entrance/exit of town... I guess if I ever had lighting absorb that wouldn't bother me as much...

Thats usually about when I start casting Poison creeper from inside town, because it is invulnerable PvP, and I find it humorous when the guy with like 20 traps outside the town entrance is complaining about bad manners.

12. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

I hate bone necros who trap you just as you leave town.....if only there was something with magic absorb.

13. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

the thing is. its all up to u... if u think standing in one spot.. absorbing everything with mass absorb items and not getting hurt is fun.. then do it..
    personally i try to not limit myself to even 1 (its hard ya i know) cuz dueling without absorb is a million times more fun than dueling with

14. TheGreatStickels

TheGreatStickels IncGamers Member

I don't have anything with absorbs anyways... so no worries their, but its no fun walking out of town and getting zapped by 20 traps before you can even think about moving to dodge them either.

thats why private dueling is a million times better.

15. Jak

Jak IncGamers Member

hahahaha :clap:

And that's why I'm in SP. Although the ratio of evil::druids is less than the national average.

16. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I would have to say no ... i think 1 kind of absorb is respectable for each element in a duel. when you try to start stacking absorb in order to negate someone 100% thats when i think it gets cheap .... but wearing a dwarf + raven + ls is completly understandable. Especially since now a days most of the elementals do so much damage that if you got zero absorb you are gonna die instantly.

17. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

pvp is obviously about the right gear.
    no gear = no win.

its always going to be unbalanced bm or not.

18. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

er well, when i fight a trapper i use shaeled blackhorns/tgods and a shaeled lightsabre.

screw them.

if i had a wisp i would use it as well.

fight a sorc, 2 ravens, clash belt thing and unique luna with a Thul run, 4 thul armour.

screw them.

yeah, not a happy camper, but eh, dying in a second when you have 3200 hps without CTA is rather lame I agree.

I havent made a lightning resist shield yet for pally duel. i should. :D

my guy is a flaming rabies guy that cant teleport and I dont havea cta, so like.

screw them

moan.

night

19. proudfoot

Druids are getting more and more BM as people start to realize their potential...