Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Week 9 - Match Reports

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxicek, Aug 9, 2012.

1. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

PvP Week 9

It was all a bit short notice and I don't think we will quite make it a full 7 day week yet, but 5 days is close enough. So here are the match reports for PvP Week 9.

As usual feel free to contribute screenshots, comments, videos or just general banter.

Nulio's excellent PvP Thread contains links to more info on many of the characters.

Wednesday

Zhora, a C/C trapper - maxicek
    Aidan, a W/S trapper - mir
    Ivy, a Poison Javelin Amazon - Face
    Ai, a bowazon - Nagisa
    Khorrun, a BvC - mir
    Tyris, a bowazon - mir
    Stratos, a wind druid - frozzzen
    BearChest, a fuzzydodger - Pyro
    Assassin, a Templar / Vindicator- Pyro
    Joanna, a Rabies / Fury wold - frozzzen
    Kyuubey, a BvC - frozzzen
    Vulcan, a Fireclaws Bear - Face

The opening night started a bit quiet with Ivy facing two trappers. Mir changed quickly to his BvC, although Aidan made a comeback later in the night. Nagisa joined with his bowazon, thankfully her very low life pool compensated for the insane 7K damage. frozzzen joined with his wind druid and Pyro came in with BearChest, I think we briefly had a six player game before mir left. Some more FFAs followed, then we split into teams.

First we started with Ai and Assassin on one side vs Zhora, Joanna and Vulcan. This was an interesting matchup. If our team managed to get Nagisa first, then we could finish off the T/V. But mostly the arrows annihilated us, despite our best efforts to concentrate on the bowazon.

Frozzzen swapped to his BvC and after a brief 3v2, we changed to 2v2v1. Somewhat surprisingly Face and I managed to win the first round, but I think that was the highlight from out point of view. Despite Nagisa's protestations that BvC > Bowazon, I'm not convinced the scores would agree with him.

More tonight, hope to see you then.

2. frozzzen

frozzzen Diabloii.Net Member

Pleasure as always :)
    I'll try to make couple PvP videos, but I would appreciate help from any of you guys to try the same :)

3. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned Diabloii.Net Member

You can combine 13000 screenshots into a video afaik, maybe you should do that instead.

4. frozzzen

frozzzen Diabloii.Net Member

IT NEVER HAPPENED!

But that aside, videos are...nnhm...
    Most Ghost duels were too laggy to make vid from. Bowzon are clean and teamfights due to mass light effects are totally ruined :( Nec is fine as well.

Will combine that into something, but don't expect much..

EDIT: Video up. Still expecting writeup from max cause not many duels are here.

Ghost and team duels were really shafted so just one Ghost survived :/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  5. maxicek

Thursday

Yyrkoon, a bone necromancer - maxicek
    Acheron, a bone necromancer - frozzzen
    Ivy, a Poison Javelin Amazon - Face
    Erica_Fade, a Ghost - mir
    Railgun, a bowazon - frozzzen
    Ai, a bowazon - Nagisa
    Pwnyta, some kind of fire sorc - OMG
    Aidan, a W/S trapper - mir
    Zareta, a FO sorc - Face
    Youmu, a Ghost - frozzzen
    Priapism, a bone necromancer - colony
    Assassin, a Templar / Vindicator- Pyro

frozzzen and I started the night with bone necro vs bone necro. His is an all vita build, so I faced 3.3K life vs .... 1700. I need to hax up some decent skillers for this character. That meant I could eat precisely two of his bone spirits. Needless to say I hardly touched him. Face joined with Ivy and mir with his ghost, so I spent most of my time trying to avoid froz and concentrate on the other two. The game then started to fill up, we actually had a full game for a short while. Amazons seem to be in fashion at the moment, at one point we had two bowazons (Ai and Railgun) and Ivy in the game. I'm still not sure what build OMGs sorc was. Something with hydras and energy shield that took half an hour to pre-buff between rounds.

We split into teams just after frozzzen left to short his video out. Nagisa, col and mir vs the rest. This made for some interesting duels, as usual taking out the bowazon was the key. col and mir did a good job of protecting Nagisa, there were projectiles running around everywhere. I find bowazons are much less dangerous when you get them running. To keep out of danger, they can only get off an arrow or two at the most. If you give them a chance to stop and start spamming guided arrows and multi-shot, you are in trouble. The difficult thing is that sooner or later most characters need to drink a mana pot or re-cast a minion or something, and that can be enough to let the bowazon off the hook.

Not sure who got the best of the team games, I think it was probably col & co.

More tonight, question is which character to bring...

6. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa Diabloii.Net Member

Nice video, but that life pool is just hax. :p

7. maxicek

Friday

The_Kurgan, a BvA Barbarian - maxicek
    Serenity, a Trap Assassin - Face
    Pwnyta, Hydra/ES sorc - OMG
    Kyuubey, a BvC - frozzzen
    Erica_Fade, a Ghost - mir
    Gaeda, a Blizz/ES sorc - nulio
    Nanban, wolfbarb - nulio
    Soft-Pillows, a PJ/GA Telezon - omg
    Joanna, a Rabies / Fury wold - frozzzen
    Ai, a bowazon - Nagisa
    Acheron, a bone necromancer - frozzzen
    Electra, an Infinity Light sorc - Pyro

The Kurgan failed to live up to the pre-match hype by being played badly by me. I think of my PvP playing as broadly mediocre with flashes of playing quite well. I did manage to get one triple kill though, maybe I should have ended the evenings hosting after that. The shield came in useful with the large amount of amazons in the game, it was fun trying to whirl Nagisa. I just tend to tele around and whirl with barbs, I'm still not sure how the leap thing is supposed to come into the mix properly.

Still it was lots of fun as usual, especially the teams.

Short writeup today, I'm feeling lazy. More later of course.

8. Malevolent

Malevolent Diabloii.Net Member

sounds fun!

I am gonna start leveling a PVP'er, i tend to lagg so nulio suggested that i play a bowazon. Looking foward to joining in with the next pvp week!