Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Week 12 is already here!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxicek, Feb 13, 2014.

1. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

PvP Week 12

What again? Yes again. PvP week 12 is here. Well I say week, but 5 days at least. Hopefully someone can pick up the last two nights and make it a full week.

Join in, make new friends. And try to kill them.

What is PvP Week?
    Well the clue is in the name. It is a week of PvP games, intended to be a friendly way to introduce new players to high level duelling. I used to write that it was non competitive, but who am I kidding? Everyone wants to win. Let's just say it isn't a competition. If you are new to PvP but worried about getting smeared all over the Blood Moor, don't be. Your new character may have a steep learning curve, but it is everyone's interests that you enjoy it and keep playing. Players can split into teams to even out skill levels. Don't expect to win every duel either though :)

What happens in PvP Week?
    - You will get the best idea by reading the write ups from all the previous PvP weeks - see the list at the bottom of this post.
    - The idea is a PvP game, every night, for a week. You don't have to play every night, but you can.
    - PvP week is all about high level, bad manners rules duelling. I'm not planning to include any low fat, sugar free alternatives like aLLD18 or LLD30.
    - PvP Week - The Questions Thread is a wealth of good info and is always open if you have any questions.
    - I'm not doing the write ups, so if someone wants to volunteer, please go for it.

OK, you have convinced me, I want to have a go, but I have never played PvP before - How do I get started?
    If you don't have a character already, look to your re-specs. Most of the standard PvM builds - Trappers, Bone Necros, Poison Necros, Sorcs, Hammerdins - can all do well with a bit of adjustment, even if you don't have a full inventory of life skillers.
    If you are interested but need help, you can post in this thread.

So when will PvP week be?
    Friday 14th February to (hopefully) Thursday 20th February, if someone hosts the last two nights.

The Rules
    We play in 1.13d

Standard BM Rules
    - No potions (except mana potions), mercs, wells, or shrines.
    - No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armour.
    - No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
    - No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, Slow Missiles, or Bone Prison.
    - No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
    - No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast is acceptable.
    - No over absorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun, Black Oak and 1.07 LoH.
    - Mana potions are allowed for all characters except ES based worcs

So What Is This Thread For?
    Any questions, pre-match banter, post-match analysis, videos, screenshots, basically anything that you like related to PvP Week.

I'm not going to do a sign up table, but if you are in, please post. Especially if you can help with the hosting.

Previous PvP Weeks
    PvP Week 1 - no write ups
    PvP Week 2
    PvP Week 3
    PvP Week 4
    PvP Week 5
    PvP Week 6
    PvP Week 7
    PvP Week 8
    PvP Week 9
    PvP Week 10
    PvP Week 11

2. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

First day of PvP week is over. It was great! One of the funniest pvp days ever for me. Probably wasn't that fun for everyone... Who knows. Anyway.

Max - ww barb
    Max - fireball sorc
    Grip - kicker
    Froz - replenishadin
    Froz - boner
    Froz - trapper
    Froz - ghost
    Delsy - windy
    FoE - imbadin
    Colony - bowa
    Colony - loladin

In the beginning Max couldn't join on his own host, so he rehosted. Then he finally joined the game. Things started slow. There were replenishadin, windy and kicker on the battlefield until FoE joined as well. The fun started.

Jun - me, SCisfornubs - FoE

We need a champion there? Well, we totally got one!

[​IMG]

OP nerf etc.

FoE continued sweep by sweep by sweep until finally brave kicker stood in his way. She totally mindblasted that imbadin to pieces. Apparently he liked it.

[​IMG]

What FoE didn't know is that Froz and I were talking via skype while playing PvP. We agreed that we will both use only mindblast on FoE. I must say, that way most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time. Both Froz (Youmu) and me namelocked FoE and spammed mindblast. While we spammed mindblast, FoE bounced like this:

[​IMG]

It lasted 3-4 seconds like that. Froz and I were done. We totally died from laughter. Dunno about Froz, but I had tears from laughter, was unable to play for a brief moment. We were totally totally sorry that we didn't record that. That would be most epic video of all time! Action continued until FoE died ofc. Till that point he liked mindblast. After that he adored it.

[​IMG]

After that we agreed we will use only shurikens on him. So we followed him and throw shurikens right at his face. He eventually died from it. Look at this from a bright side, at least he wasn't killed from mindblast! Then FoE learned the ways of the Force, having great mind discipline so mindblast wasn't that effective.

[​IMG]

Froz went to feed the cat while we trash-talked. You can mb all you wan't, you can't kill me etc... Well, I did kill him with mindblast again later. Once Delsy with windy stole the mindblast-kill right in front of me.

Totally awesome action overall!

Now, back to the games. I'm satisfied with my kicker, she performed well. FoE played good as well, scored plenty of kills with his touchpad skills. Froz complained about how he can't play boner, then joined with trapper and smashed everything. Delsy's windy called Delsy was tricky opponent. Challenging definitely. His tornadoes hurt a lot, and he managed to screw almost every one of my stunlock attempts on other players. Max tried his ww barb, then swapped to fireball sorc, but there were too many anticasters in the game. In the end Colony performed good with his paladin. Good games everyone.

3. FredOfErik

FredOfErik Diabloii.Net Member

No wonder I got a tiny bit frustrated! I must admit though, that is hilarious and you should definitely have recorded it. I had no clue. At one point I basically didn't move (as a result of my free will) for almost an entire round, and almost couldn't see my char because of all the MB casting. Idiots. MB definitely OP. :coffee:

I was also wondering what was up with those shurikens, I just figured it was some pvp tactic I didn't know about.

I had tons of fun all night though. Felt like some pretty good matchups and I think it was the most equal pvp action I have participated in with almost every char scoring a win at some point. I had lots of fun duels with grip's kicker early on, and also especially with Delsy. I have played a couple of windys before, but definitely found this one the most challenging - often when I thought I had made an awesome tele and was ready to spam hammers I ended up getting killed by nados instead. I also think max's WWer was fun matchup as we were both trying to predict each other's tele and ended up killing each other I think about equal times.

Personally I found it somewhat difficult to tele as precisely as I did in the end of last pvp week (then again, haven't played d2 since), but think I played pretty well tactic-wise. I also managed to get some charge/smite kills which is what I find to be most difficult part of the build - switching from hammer to charging efficiently. Especially two situations stood out - the one screenied above where I managed to smite grip to death, and one where I was going up against delsy, hit him with a couple of hammers and then 1-hit killed him with charge, which was awesome because I managed to switch to charge, aim and hit without messing up hotkeys and starting to just repeatedly cast holy shield like I usually do.

GGs all around, and I hope to have more playtime during the week.

4. maxicek

Yes, we had a bit of 1v1 WW against hammers a few times. They are interesting matches. I found if I just went for it, the win / loss is down to luck if the hammers hit you - normally meaning a loss. But with a bit of leap to knock you out of the hammer field and a few well timed teles it is definitely winnable. As you say FoE, it is a very strategic match. It is also quite fun as you can play it on the same screen, staying just outside the hammer radius.

More tonight, hoping to bring a new assassin or two, if I stop pontificating about the gear ...

So the Croatians are tag teaming us with Skype ... very funny!

5. Delsy

Delsy Diabloii.Net Member

Maxicek you were mentioning some helm for druid yesterday, if I'm not mistaken. The giveaway windy is made around Jalals Mane though, so it will be a challenge to compensate the 45 res and 30 fhr. He is made very well anyway. He's quite sturdy and the nados do pack a punch, so if someone gets caught in their stun, it usually kills them. Assassins with their claw block and mind blast were hardest to play against so far. Though I see a room for an improvement.

6. maxicek

It is +6 Tornado 40FHR. Let me know if you want it.

7. Gripphon

Even though I'm satisfied with how my kicker is working, I improved her hp by 250 and attack rating by 8k today, having similar mana and everything. Looking forward to see how is she working now, but not today. It's probably time to test-drive something that doesn't have FoEblast (mindblast).

8. FredOfErik

Just to clarify, grip's nooby kicker totally didn't win anything last night.

9. Gripphon

Day 3

Max - kicker
    Nagisa - FO ES sorc
    Delsy - windy
    Colony - ghost
    Froz - fury/rabies druid
    Froz - bowazon
    Froz - windy
    Grip - fire druid
    Grip - bowazon
    Grip - hybrid sin
    Pyrohemia - foh/charge loladin
    Horseheadnebula - blizzard sorc

Day started slow, as usual. There were Nagi with orb sorc, Delsy with windy and me with fire druid. Nagisa was too stronk, winning every match out there. Don't know did he die once in those dueling. He didn't stay for long though. Nerf dat sorc, seriously.

People started to join, including Max who was afk till then. Finally fun started. I swapped my chars pretty soon cause I find fire druid to be overall boring character to play. Swapped to bowa. She was definitely more interesting to play. What to say about matches. Both Max and Col were happy to practice with their assassins chasing casters/bowas around. Blizzard sorc played very aggressively toward both my bowa and windys around. Frozen's windy was too stronk to deal with, killing pretty much everything in there. And for the first time his Joanna wasn't too stronk, but still scored more kills than deaths. Delsy is turning into fine player, using some advanced tricks for namelocking and escaping. He managed to pull off chainlock or two in there. Pyro was desynching like mad with his paladin, so he was definitely tricky opponent to deal with. One foh pretty much one-shotted my bowa. Immediately swapped to hybrid sin.

Once Colony (Bismuth) whirlwind-locked my bowa and I ran around like a maniac so he can get free of it. But he didn't make it. He had black screen and finally met his end in the hands of... well, see for yourself.

[​IMG]

And yes, my kicker didn't score a single kill yesterday.

10. maxicek

Some thoughs on the characters I played:

Saturday - Molly_Millions, Bow / WW assassin
    An experimental build using Beta Bramble but no teleport. I felt the arrows didn't do much damage, even with Beta Bramble. The WW was intended as the equivalent of a Bowazons javelin skills, but actually it worked better than the arrows. Also, too many keys and I hate swapping gear in from the cube. Biggest problem was her life was far too low, so she was very fragile. So I still have a spare level 92 assassin waiting for a re-spec. The other 7 are shaping up fairly well though I think.

Sunday - Karina, kicker
    After ages of pontificating, I finally re-specced my kicker and I'm pretty happy with her. After discussions with Grip I went for a C/C only fade route too. I want to try BoS instead, but realised I built in the stats from Mara's so I need to re-spec her yet again to try it. I feel more FRW would benefit in some situations. Got some nice kills though, so it is definitely going in the right direction. Given the low life of Molly, it was definitely a good decision to drop the W/S option. With super life characters like Grip's around, it would have been almost impossible.

Monday - Trinity, Ghost with kicks
    I felt that the experience of playing a pure kicker the night before helped me to play better with this character. I don't think she has been played for the last few PvP weeks. Actually still one of my favourite assassins. A tricky character to get right but, like Speederlander say in the guide, there are some times when kicks are better than WW. As usual my play was patchy, some moments of greatness, swiftly followed by ineptitude.

11. Gripphon

Day 4

Max - ww/kick assassin
    Grip - Wolfbarb
    Grip - ghost
    Grip - kicker
    Froz - paladin mage
    Froz - mb firesorc
    Froz - replenishadin
    Froz - trapper
    Delsy - windy
    Colony - firesorc
    Colony - boner
    Nulio - OPladin mage

Day started as me playing wolfbarb against windy, replenishadin and ww sin. WW sin is basically only character I had a chance against out there. Since Delsy's windy is vita one, I thought with namelock I can tear him apart. Namelocked him twice, he just smashed me in direct combat. Replenishadin is impossible match. Obviously I need Fortitude, my damage is too low to deal real damage, especially if I get smashed by vita caster in head to head battle. Froz was impressed how fast my wolfbarb moved, he wasn't able to charge me down. That's the only positive thing I had from battling with wolfbarb.

Swapped to ghost then. I can't kill that replenishadin with her, no way, unless really low on life. So Froz swapped to give us fighting chance. Coming with 4k hp max block firesorc wasn't that good move either, since Froz and I were usually left alive in 1v1 battle and that lasted for quite a while, he running away from me and me chasing him. He swapped fast again so that people don't wait for too long for us to complete duels, so he joined with mage. God he loves that character. He said something like "all paladins sux without mega replenish, replenishadin only legit paladin". Finally Rena the mega trapper joined and smashed everything. Froz was satisfied with his performance and went off peacefully.

Colony was definitely happy when he heard Froz will join with trapper, and he having that firesorc out there. Froz did play with his replenishadin a bit and charged down both windy and firesorc to death. Col decided it's time to get serious and picked his boner to join the party. Unfortunately, goddess Rena was in there to rule the party. Unfortunately for me too, he pretty much killed all my desired targets, so I with kicker was against his trapper which is a clear mismatch, but managed to get kick or two in with hard work. Failed to deliver much more then succeeded.

In the end, king Nulio joined the party! This time he had charge. Imagine that, he desynched like mad. Several times he wasn't on my minimap, and I saw conviction aura around my character. Luckily for us windy was there to get rid of him. I also managed to score few kills on him, but just because he had less than half hp left (which is still like 3k+ probably :p). But nerf dat charge. Whenever you see paladin is casting hammers at the edge of screen, that means he is probably directly on top of you and it's time to move.

12. Gripphon

Weeeell... I know what you meant to say with this, but I'll comment something on top of it.

My characters do have that "super life", but also depends on what that means. General recipe how to easily achieve 4k+ hp life on assassin with crap charms: Get 1.07 shako, use exceptional claws, use half-decent rare ring, 15+ fcr amulet, plain skillers and best small charms you have. And you are already on 4k with both ghost and kicker. Get some middle-range life skillers with half-decent charms and you are already in range of 4.4k+ life. That is not that far from what I have on assassins. Only problem is people don't build assassins with 1.07 shako so they have considerably lower life, but otherwise assassin is class that naturally gets huge life with that hat.

Super life characters is for example Joanna. 11k life or something, compared of 8k of what I have on same build. Every Nulio's character has super-life. My firesorc has 4.8k, Nulio's can have 6k or close to it. Froz has max block firesorc with 4k life which is pretty mad for such character. Those are characters with super life, for which you need great charms to achieve. Another super life character is Frozzzen's bvc Kyuubey, the megabarb with 8k+ life or 9.5k life including Oak charge.

My only "real" super life character is Vegeta the bvc barb. He is currently on leveling so is unavailable for PvP, but once he'll be finished, he will have monstrously large life pool. Other than that, only character that you can say has somewhat big life is kicker with 5.2k. But if someone builds kicker the same way as me and use plain 20 life charms instead of many of mine life/ar or life/mana charms, he will easily have 4.5k just like that.

As for shield, that is interesting part of discussion. I don't like shields unless really necessary to have. And i don't like them cause I don't find them as useful as alternative. c/c blocks elemental and physical attacks, while shield blocks only physical attacks. Elemental characters are strongest characters out there, while physical chars are not really top builds to play against. So, instead of crippling yourself against real threats out there, go for c/c alternative to be much stronger against strongest chars and still be considerably strong against physical chars. That's my reasoning for c/c much better than w/s any time of the day, especially if we consider what characters you play against that you can block with shield. One is bowa you can win against easily even with c/c, and other is bvc which will tear you apart whether you use c/c or w/s, unless you play with trapper. Charger is similar opponent for both c/c and block setups and it's not like there are many of them out there. Windy you must stunlock to win with both c/c and w/s, so it's same thing there as well. w/s will help you against kickers and ww sins. Don't really see a point and advantage in having w/s which will really help you against only two characters out there and will cripple you badly against many many others. Okay, "really help you" is my point of view and my experience.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  13. frozzzen

frozzzen Diabloii.Net Member

I soooo hate paladins, mage to be more specific. Playing him made me remind why I never play him in first place. It feels horrible, clunky and even if his life is 6k, he takes damage like there's no end to it. Yesterday all I could do is charge around and throw hammers hoping someone would land in there. It didn't happen. So I guess I must go offensive namelocking people with hammers... chargeeeeeeeeeeeee, namelock firesorc tele hammer, all hammers miss. I die. Okay, must be coincidence, let's try it again chargeeeeeeeeeeeee, oh, windy. Namelock, tele hammer, all hammers miss. I die.

So after playing assassins, that can block elemental dmg, after playing that crap of regen charger, this just feels so unforgiving in terms of having to be on offensive and avoid damage as much as possible. But I invested too much into skillers for this dood, and can't be helped but to be stuck with him. Certainly one of worst chars for me personally, rivaling bone necs and other defensive casters that simply don't click with me.

On topic of regen charger, dunno what is your general opinion on this one. I've heard more than once how his regeneration is bad mannered, but the more I look, more he seems like copypaste version of ES/FB sorc in terms of survivability as they can both regen their life/mana respectively and if you don't instakill them, you won't at all. That plus paladin actually has to play on offensive to get his with either hammers or charge, unlike sorc that can regen while being on defensive.
    I for one don't think this char is broken by any stretch of imagination. Col did good showing yesterday with his firesorc, abusing terrain to his advantage vs my paladin and took me down multiple times. And if vita caster can deal with him, I see no problem in him being imbalanced.

You guys just let me know what you think of char and if he should be allowed, since he fits my aggressive playsyle very well and I genuinely have fun times with him. I see him being big issue in team battles where he can heal party quite nasty, but for general FFAs I hope he isn't issue.

14. Gripphon

Difference between ES sorc and replenishadin is this: ES sorc you can damage very much using poison damage and open wounds, that she can't regen back with mana. Replenishadin can regen everything. But otherwise prebuffed 95 ES sorc is similar as this paladin in surviving aspect.
    Is he bad mannered? In a case you charge around like an idiot and wait until you regen to full hp before returning to fight, then he is bad mannered. If someone would play like that, I would complain and ask him to stop playing that paladin. Otherwise he is fine. You don't play like cheese, so I'm fine with your paladin.

I mean, he is just one more strong character out there. In some matches he is VERY imbalanced, but then again all chars are imbalanced against certain builds. Replenishadin is not any different. He is not stronger than boner and definitely not stronger than trapper, so don't see a problem in allowing it.

15. Delsy

Delsy Diabloii.Net Member

Since you have asked frozen, I will say my opinion on the regen paladin again. I think it goes against the rules, when we are forbidden to drink healing potions or use mass replenish, while he does exactly that, albeit with his own skills. That might seem a little strict and in the realm of theoretizing the rules, but the problem is also practical. In FFA, most of the time, we lose some life in each encounter. While your paladin heals inbetween the fights, even if you do not camp or abuse the healing excessivelly, it simply heals so fast. That feels just wrong to me. Also even if there are some similarities with sorceress, it is different. As Grip has already said, she does not regenerate life, so you can chip it down, if slowly, and you can bypass the MS with poison and OW. Overall, she is also more fragile than paladin, with bad FHR, bad blocking and no charge. Bearing in mind all this, I also understand there are other opinions. I do not mind if anyone will play him, at all.

Considering the hosting problems from the last days, I would like to ask if someone has some experiences playing D2 trough hamachi. The HC community here does use it to play MP. Also I have used it playing other games and it worked well. That way anyone could host games, what do you think?

16. FredOfErik

Biggest problem with hamachi is that free rooms are limited to 5 players per room. That can however be bypassed by having several rooms where everybody is connected. Other than that I have only had great experiences using it with the other HC players.

17. maxicek

Regarding what I described as "Super Life" characters: All I'm really saying is that as time has gone on, the average character life has increased. Whether this has been from better skillers, 1.07 Shakos is immaterial. It also isn't a problem, it is just natural progression. It has just meant that some of the more obscure builds we occasionally saw in PvP are even less viable. Also where builds used to have alternative setups, they have been dropped in favour of specialism. Less max block characters etc. Again, it is all just progression and refinement. Darwinian selection of PvP builds if you will.

18. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa Diabloii.Net Member

No, you can't chip a sorceress down. All she does is switch to CTA for replenish and abuse her fastest teleporting speed to permanently stay far away from you. That's obviously an extreme case, but it's about as absurd as anyone complaining about some tier 10 lolcharger.

Regarding "super life" characters, it's only a problem in terms of attracting more players. PvP week hasn't really brought in more than 5 new names in total in its last 8 iterations maybe, and raking in fresh blood was the whole idea behind it in the first place. It's not the fault of the PvPers that they work hard and get themselves awesome gear, of course, but it's pretty damn hard to get up for PvP when you know going in that your character is literally playing at 50% of anyone else's HP/damage. Even my best character (kicker) has 1500 less HP than Gripphon's, as well as probably worse resists/damage/etc. It's nice to challenge yourself now and then, which is why I still try to drop in once or twice a year and occasionally try to push other people to play, but as a long term thing it's about as worth it as trying to beat Fabian's barbarian at MFing with some amazon.

19. bassano

bassano Diabloii.Net Member

Very interesting topic here,
    PvP scene changed a lot from time I joined PvP company on SPF, new rules are including practics I do not fully agree with like weapons with better damage created by ATMA , items from pre 1.10 patches and beta items etcetc. , OK rules are same for everyone and now we are here in 2014, characters are stronger, some of them very hard to kill by some type of damage, much more life then I ever thought that is possible some years ago, like someone said, rules are to attracting more players to PvP scene and I agree with that but there should be some border what you can do. I do not know what exactly replenish paladin is but even BM rules exactly say, no mass replenish (25 is limit) this include item and so even your skill, for me that is comparing to healing by holy bolt in team PvP even if holy bolt is much faster :) that is my opinion to that

other topic where is very much to discuss are lot of shield like 95% ES, very stacked resists and other funny toys which are making you very hard to kill, yeah what can bonenecro do againist some 200 FCR ES sorc, suicide button have not been set in D2 (unfortunatelly for this type of duels) some years ago, noone did things like that, players did duels with resists between 50 and 75, sometime even with much less resist and still if was fun, duels were much shorter, you did much more of games and it was much more about skill, if you are playing againist some character and you can get 20 hits (hard to do for him, maybe even impossible) without dying and you can kill him by 2-3 hits it is easy to win even if you are much worse player, for me is not heroic to win like that, always you will have some combinations like that (bowazon vs windy, smiter or bonenec or windy vs trapper) but much less then when you are making quite pure defensive characters with killing skill on much lower level then usually. Once upon a time when I played a lot and I had very good skill, I did not need resists to kill every kind of classic sorc (not ES cheesy builds) by my windy or smiter but time changed, my skill is gone so as my old friends from SPF which played PvP with me from start of my D2 carieer, I am slow dranker now and I need some more resist to survive a little bit longer ther (at least 75), ofc with fire resist 95 and 6k life on my windy I can go to toilet during duel vs ES firesorc without dying so as my enemy with sorc :) I always tried to force as much as possible my attack no matter what but now it is not possible anymore, builds are different now and I would not kill anyone before he kill me. And btw. max all my caster chars in PvP have max block with stormshield :)

I did not played PvP here or anywhere long time so I have no actual informations about level of players (I am quite interesting what was colony score yesterday, if he is still able to play on top with his chars and his skill reduced by years of slacking outside of D2 world) but from next week, I will have on my room free internet and I will be able to join much more often, so I am looking to play some more PvP in future
    my conclusion is to apply for you not to build defensive chars, and concentrate to attack, shorter duels are more interesting duels for me, do not stack resist, do not make so strong ES chars, do not do so much prebuff to save few points of vitality on char :) at least try how it could be

and do not take anything from I write here personally, I tried to do constructive critic and say my opinion :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  20. Gripphon

Evolution of PvP is interesting thing to observe. I wasn't there before to know details, but comparing old school builds and strategies with new ones, you can definitely see a difference. Some changes in some builds are quite fresh, seemed like they happened right in front of our eyes. Playing style changed as well along with the builds.

One change that happened is view at usefulness of having max block. These days vita casters become more and more popular leaving max block builds behind. This probably has to do with changes in popularity and strength of physical builds on PvP scene. Before BvC was considered mammoth hp build that can win anything and tank hits like mad. Now it is build that struggles with many opponents, and his hp pool is not that special anymore. These days casters rule PvP scene and players tend to look forward to make their characters deal with those strongest characters out there that are casters, so they choose vita builds more and more over max block ones. Also physical builds don't seem to be popular these days, with exception of ghost assassin and bowazon. Going for max block means you will pretty much lose almost all matches against vita caster whose life, mana and damage will be superior to yours. Before there were less vita casters so you didn't have such problems, but today is different.

Another change happened in sorceress class. ES sorc is no more only viable PvP sorc. Vita sorcs became more popular these days. When 1.07 Arkaine's Valor was discovered, suddenly players saw they can make 4-5k hp sorc that are no fragile and that can deal tons of damage instead of prebuffing for ES and having weaker damage. Change happened in a form of popularizing 1.07 Shako as well, allowing builds to go for mammoth hp pool. Using rings with Oak charges is also kind of new thing making builds stronger, but it's not yet popularized. I'm not certain of this, but bowazons are also a bit different than before. It was standard to go for 1300-1500 hp bowazon with tons of damage, but today bowas are with full vita and less damage + 175 allres setups. Changes are still happening, who knows what brings tomorrow.

As for discussion about "super life" characters, I do agree with Nagisa. All those mammoth hp characters seem to scare away new players from PvP. I did think about intentionally weakening my certain characters to be closer to a level of new PvP-ers characters. This means removing 1.07 shako from all builds (except BvC) and probably using weaker charms, probably plain with resistances. But, like I said, I think anyone can have mammoth hp characters today. Trade for 1.07 shako and there are some beta CtA-s for trade. Bam, hp goes through the roof with crap charms as well. But ofc without those items you can't reach that huge hp pool even with super charms. Also players don't seem to care about to make their characters that way. Even among standard PvP crew there are some builds which don't seem to get any improvement, and they could get. I'm willing to cripple my own characters to have similar level of hp/damage with the rest of players, but also want to try to motivate other players to improve their characters. That's only reason I have "super life" characters, because I care more to make them that way than some other PvPers.