Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Week 10 - Match Reports

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxicek, Oct 5, 2013.

1. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Friday

Friday night opened PvP Week and it was busy. We had a full game, with col waiting to get in, although one space was taken up by my hosting character. I know I have missed people from the list below, please let me know if you characters aren't there. And please ensure you characters are up to date in The PvP Thread, it makes doing these much easier.

Zhora, C/C Trap Assassin - maxicek
    de_Carabas - Liberator Paladin - maxicek
    Atalanta - Bowazon - maxicek
    Geada, Blizz / Orb Sorceress - Nulio
    Chimera, Fire Druid - Gripphon
    Nastja, Trap Assassin - horseheadnebula
    Norticus, Bone Necro - mir
    Savant, Blizz Sorceress - ?
    Zareta, Frozen Orb Sorceress - Face
    Ivy - Poison / LF Javazon - Face
    Flame_Grilled - Fire / ES Sorceress - colony
    Penthesilea, Bowazon - nulio
    Incubus, Vampire Necromancer - Gripphon
    Sinn, Ghost Assassin - Gripphon
    Stratos, Wind Druid - frozzzen
    Blitzkreig, Smiter Paladin - frozzzen
    Aidan, Trap Assassin - mir
    Olivie, PJ/Bow Amazon - nagisa
    Lucia, Kick/Trap/Bow Assassin - nagisa
    Kagari, W/S TrapAssassin - nagisa
    Erica_Fade, Ghost Assassin - mir

So we started as usual with Free For Alls (FFAs). It was quite a large map area, the funny thing about these is that you don't even see some of the characters sometimes. Some characters get killed, or you get killed, before you even get over the other side of the moor and face them. Chimera I though was one of the stand out characters early in the games, especially since it is not considered to be a high tier build. I had some good games with Zhora and managed to be last person alive on a few occasions, mainly at the end when I remembered how to play better.

We split to teams, which looked like this:
    View attachment 4823

And then this:
    View attachment 4824

Nulio switched to his bowazon, Penthesilea, which made things tricky for our side. Bowazons are the best charter to be in a team with, much of the strategy is about protecting her whilst you make opponents fight in a rain of arrows. Separate the bowazon from the protection and it can be game over quickly though. I played a few games with Zhora then switched to my Liberator, de_Carabas. I can't play him, there are too many keys. I keep trying and keep sucking. So I switched to my Bowazon, Atalanta, giving my team some much needed artillery.

Great games, more tonight.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa Diabloii.Net Member

Where are the HC guys? :p

Best part about week is always team games, as it's probably the time when deficiencies in gear (and skill, somewhat) are hidden the most. :badteeth: The coordination between players, generally unplanned, is nice to see as well.

Penthesilea was monster. Her damage kills my trapper (2.5k life, 75% block, 50% DR) in no more than a few seconds, and most others seemed to suffer the same fate. Stratos freed up a lot of space for team, but it was still pretty tough to approach even her blind side because of nice team synergy with roaming assassin(s) or Incubus poison/curse entry hazard.

Atalanta on own team a bit later was much better, since they mostly tried to focus her down, which made life for trapper very easy. Bowazon OP, etc.

3. FredOfErik

FredOfErik Diabloii.Net Member

I haven't had time for D2 in ages. Currently I'm on vacation with my parents in Spain, and I hoped the hotel wifi would allow me to join some games in the evening, but since I can barely load pictures I guess that won't happen. I will be back home again monday, and even though I have to write a couple of assignments during the week, I should also have some time to join a couple of games with my underleveled pala :p At least so I hope. Since I've received a lot of help building a char, I do feel kinda bad about not being able to participate more - alas, bad timing with work, semester start, travelling.

Edit: and btw, that looks like fun. When do games start, where do I find IP? I will possibly try to join even with my ****ty hotel wifi.

4. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

This thread makes me a bit sad. When I build some wealth (after the recent restart) I might transfer some items to SC to build a dueler :scratchchin:

5. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

I surely didn't expect games to be so full! But I'm glad there is so much interest for pvp these days.

Games are enjoyable to play. Perfect opportunity to test new builds, do some team battling and such.

One screenshot from today's team battling. Cdm joined with his paladin, slaughtered us all, so we concluded that paladins are... well, picture speaks for itself.

[​IMG]

Also, Nagisa joined with his Tortinita, some pvm sorc without gear for pvp, and still was killing everything around. Tortinita op!

6. maxicek

Saturday

Yyrkoon, Bone Necromancer - maxicek
    Windu, Liberator - Gripphon
    Assassin, paladin - Pyrohemia
    Railgun, Bowazon - frozzzen
    Tortinita, Blizz / Light Sorc - Nagisa
    Boreas, Wind Druid - maxicek
    Aurora, ES Fire Sorc - maxicek
    Hadur, BvC Barbarian - Face
    Khorrun, BvC Barbarian - mir
    Seigyoku, Bowazon - Pyrohemia
    SCisfornubs, Liberator - FredofEric
    Boner_Boobies, Bone Necromancer - OMG
    Loopy, Conviction Lightning Sorceress, Pyrohemia
    Vegeta, BvC Barbarian - Gripphon
    Faithless, Mage Paladin - frozzzen
    Phoenix, Fire Sorc - Gripphon
    (name?), Liberator - CrawlingDeadMan

(As usual, in the likely event that I have missed someone, please let me know)

Not quite as busy as the opening night, but busy none the less. It was an Assassin free evening for me. I opened with Yyrkoon, my Bonemancer. I did OK with him, despite his low life pool (about 1.8K). I need some of Nulio's luck with charm re-rolls. We pretty much played free for alls most of the night, with only a bit of teams at the very end. For quite a while it was physical and magic damage only, which was a change from having to try to counter massive elemental damage from a number of sources.

I had been playing around with the gear for my Wind Druid, Boreas, earlier in the day, so it was his turn. I was pretty terrible with him. I switched to Aurora later and was even worse with her, except for a few lucky hits. Some great duels here, with lots of people coming and going it is hard to keep up with who was who. I'm not sure I can pick a "man of the match" but I thought nagisa played the trapper well, despite his usual protests that everyone else is OP.

We split to teams at the end, Aurora and Zareta vs Phoenix and Tortinita. CDM joined at the end to break up the all sorc party with his Liberator. I don't think Aurora was much help here, I picked off Tortinta a couple of times with a fireball, but don't think I ever got Grip. Some good duels here, as Grip said above, the Liberator shone in the all sorc field.

More tonight, just need to decide which characters. Unlikely to be Windy or Fire Sorc though …

7. FredOfErik

FredOfErik Diabloii.Net Member

I had a hard time figuring out how to play my liberator. Quite a lot more complicated playstyle than my usual PvM barbs. But given that I'm new to both hammers and pvp, I guess I need more practice. Looking at cdm, I apparently can't blame it on the build :badteeth: Nonetheless, I managed to get a few kills in and had fun.

8. Gripphon

Liberator is definitely not good starting character. It takes time to adapt to a new style where you cast spells on left click and do aura swaps + teleport on right. Sometimes it feels strange when you charge that you can change auras without interrupting anything.
    Also, it is really hard to play him with considerable ping which you had I believe.

There is also style differences. Some prefer being more stationary and spam hammerfields, others charge majority of time around seeking for targets. That is beauty with Liberator, you can play him the way you desire. That is among strongest paladin builds when mastered, but master it is a tricky part.

It is quite amusing when you charge around and kill someone with near-full hp like a boss :punk:

9. maxicek

Sunday

Inigo_Montoya, Smiter - maxicek
    Ramirez, Charger - maxicek
    Priapism, Bone Necro - colony
    Tichondrius, Bone Necro - Gripphon
    Shiruru, Sorceress - notsurewho
    Yukiho, Sorceress - notsurewho
    Kyuubey, BvC Barbarian - frozzzen
    Seigyoku, Bowazon - Pyrohemia
    Ivy - Poison / LF Javazon - Face
    Railgun, Bowazon - frozzzen
    Ramona, WW/Trap Assassin - Gripphon
    Sirius, Blizzsorc - horseheadnebula
    Assassin, T/V paladin - Pyrohemia
    Playboy_Bunny, BvAnnoying - Pyro I think

I started attempting to play my smiter, Inigo_Montoya. If only Blizzard allowed auras on left click, Paladins would be a much more favoured PvP character. As it is you have to tele on right click, switch to LMB, change aura at the same time, then reverse the process again. I quite like the character, but didn't play him for long. The game seemed to have a lot of casters in it, so I decided this was a target rich environment, I switched to my charger.

I had a lot of fun, not sure my opponents did when he connected. I could take out most casters in one hit, including Necros with bone armour. 200FCR sorcs were difficult to catch. I don't think I ever caught Zareta. Bit disappointed about that. People started switching to barbs which were almost impossible to charge without getting a face full of whirlwind, but I did catch one between whirls for a two hit kill.

We switched to teams. (Pyro?) brought Playboy_Bunny, a BvC with level 38 leap. It knocked you back about half a screen. That pretty much killed my charging, and everyone else on the opposing teams.

View attachment 4843

View attachment 4844

That's enough for now, time to put a game up.

10. NagisaFurukawa

Yukiho (blizzard sorceress) is mine, and Shizuru (lightning amazon?) is frozzzen's. "BvAnnoying" was Gripphon.

<3 Shizurucia + lolbarb tier 5 team clearing 3v4's.

Blizzard sorceress (or just sorceress in general) recommended to all those people "too poor" for PvP for the millionth time. Yukiho performed very nicely on the scoreboard last couple days for me despite my non-existent skills and crappy items (e.g. just a couple plain charms). Kind of a defensive build, but it's fun (and challenging) to try to play aggressively as well.

Not much else to say, except ban all paladins. Really frustrating to constantly get popped in one hit by desynching monster. :badteeth:

11. Gripphon

Yesterday was great pvp day, very nice games, funny stuff.

Playboy_Bunny is my barb project, built only for team battles. It seems people don't like it, but needless to say, that's why I like it ^.^

Here are some reactions when I introduced this barb to team battle. So much rage!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that, I joined with my Phoenix for more team battles for more lol stuff in between battles. Lightshow was too much for Nagisa obviously who got vision -1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One small detail from today's pvp. Here Nagisa got killed by his own Phoenix runeword (fire druid wearing it). Ha!

[​IMG]

Not much to say about today's matches. There was some trapper/orb/blizzard/charge/spirit action going on, was quite good. Joined with my fire druid Chimera and had some really good duels in ffa with him. Later was short team battling.

After Max closed his host, Pyro hosted and Pyro, Nagisa and me continued ffa there. It was very fun and relaxing. I joined with lolvampire and got stomped around at beginning until Pyro and Nagisa choose to swap from Hammerdin and Trapper to something weaker. So Pyro participated with his fuzzydodger, werewolf and charger, while Nagisa played with kicker. Fun duels. I didn't use Lower Resist, instead I casted Decrepify on kicker for lol bad manner stuff since he was the only one teleporting around. I tried to hide from Pyro's charger behind town portal, but somehow he managed to knock me back from there while I spammed nova at him. Good duels guys.

12. NagisaFurukawa

"power of love !! !" -- frozzzen2013battlecry

Phoenix was made by Corrupted. >_>

As mentioned, nice duels with lolvampire and Pyro's many lower tier characters today. All of Pyro's characters were pretty tough for kicker. Needed pretty much the perfect storm to lock him down (combination of unsynchronized fire/lightning traps, kicks, and some shadow support) and ensure his very painful attacks wouldn't start landing. As for vampire, no poison resist meant he could 1 hit kill with nova and golem pinging. Bow could handle him pretty well, but tried to avoid resorting to that unless it was 1 hp situation. For the most part, it was just trying to time the telestomp perfectly in between his very slow casting of poison. He probably won more of these than he should've, as I suck at this game.

13. Gripphon

Corrupted killed you, and he didn't even participate. <_<

Today's pvp was not bad.

At beginning Fabian came for the first time to play at pvp week with his well named boner Ivy and was dominating. Frozzzens javazon Shizuru was like only one able to kill him. That amazon melted away my BvC like he is nothing, it was very dangerous to go whirl that thing. I was forced to use Wisp Projector to reduce damage from her. There was also Solarwind, horseheadnebula's wind druid. He was very strong opponent with tons of damage. Everytime I battled with him he either killed me or died leaving me at sub 1000 life destroying my chances of winning. Other two players were Erica_Fade and Aeon_Flux (?), two ghost assassins played by Mir and Maxicek. I didn't battle against them with BvC, there is no point in exchanging whirlwind between ghost and BvC, so I ignored them on the battlefield for majority of time.

Was fun and I'm glad I took my BvC to a walk some. I would like to play him more, but namelock->teleport->whirlwind combo is like next to impossible to do without screwed whirlwind bug or whatever that is. That totally broke the fun for me so I decided not to use any whirlwind characters after BvC, so I played some casters instead. Namely, Phoenix the fire sorc and Tichondrius the boner.

Phoenix was problematic opponent for everyone, while Tichondrius was more balanced. Frozzzen joined with his bowazon Railgun and it was both challenging and fun to battle him with vita boner. Max joined with his charger Ramirez and slaughtered me once like a boss. FoE did the same with his paladin, I just died instantly. Colony rejoined the game with his blizzard sorc like 10 times forgetting this, forgetting that... What else to mention hmmm....

Good duels everyone.

14. maxicek

Monday

Faithless, Mage Paladin - frozzzen
    Geada, Blizz / Orb Sorceress - Nulio
    UltraViolet, W/S Trap Assassin - maxicek
    Ramona, WW/Trap Assassin - Gripphon
    Chimera, Fire Druid - Gripphon
    Ivy, Poison / LF Javazon - Face
    Tyris, Bowazon -
    Penthesilea, Bowazon - nulio
    Sorceress, Mage Paladin -
    Yukiho, Sorceress - Nagisa
    Solarwind, Wind Druid - horseheadnebula
    Blitzkreig, T/V Paladin - frozzzen
    Bane, BvC Barbarian - maxicek

For some reason on Monday the my host seemed a bit laggy, no idea why. I didn't think I played the trapper particularly well, but even a badly played trapper gets a few kills.

I switched to my BvC, Bane and fared surprisingly well considering my (lack of) skill with the build. Maybe it was bad ping effect for everyone else.

Can't remember much more, it was two days ago now. I think Gripphon has filled in most of the gaps.

15. maxicek

Tuesday

Ivy, Bone Necromancer - Fabian
    Shizuru, Lightning Javazon - frozzzen
    Solarwind, Wind Druid - horseheadnebula
    Vegeta, BvC Barbarian - Gripphon
    Aeon_Flux, Ghost Assassin - maxicek
    Khorrun, BvC Barbarian - mir
    Phoenix, Fire Sorc - Gripphon
    SCisfornubs, Liberator - FredofEric
    FrozenBeef_II, Blizz ES Sorc - colony
    FrozenBeef, Blizz Sorc - colony
    Ramirez, Charger Paladin - maxicek
    Tichondrius, Bone Necro - Gripphon

Wot Grip said two posts up. (thanks!)

I found the 200FCR sorcs hard to catch with my my Ghost, maybe I do need to stash the 102FCR option after all. I had some great fun with her and I thought played her quite nicely. Some very close duels almost 1v1 with horseheadnebula's Windy. Bone necros are always difficult, in FFAs particularly so, for a Ghost. Really you want a hard lockdown, but this means you character is stationary as you MB and cast traps. In a FFA you often get hit at this point.

Ramirez is fun, but to hit with charge you need to get a name lock. This is quite tricky with a 200FCR fast teleporting sorc, but as Grip said I managed to get one on him once and then BAM! Goodnight Vienna.

16. Gripphon

First I wanna say, this was absolutely awesome pvp week, full games every day.

Since it is over, I thought I might share some opinion about certain builds I played with during this pvp. Feel free to add something.

BvC - even though it is clear they can beat anything with exception of BvB's, but let me tell you, most of time I don't view this barb like some serious competition. The facts they are hard to play and more importantly they need perfect connection to work. Whirlwind bug is so common and is totally killing this build. Except tanking abilities and potential large damage output, I have nothing good to say about them. My characters are vita ones and they are usually killing barbs no prob. But I will admit, those mammoth hp barbs are VERY tanky and will do some killing, even winning ffa matches. However, only those with huge life seem strong opponents, others somehow die too easily. I got namelocked several times by them while playing vita caster, and only like every 4 or 5 times they actually land ww on me, I usually easily escape from with teleport, they end up whirling at my previous location, not my current one.

Ghost assassin - she turned out very strong ffa-er. Very tanky and very damaging build. Having mindblast and whirlwind is awesome caster killer combination. Claw block is just perfect thing. She suffers from same whirlwind bug as BvC, but unlike BvC mindblast + trap make sure for you to land whirlwind like 10 times easier than with barb. But they have big weaknesses. Dealing with any palading with hammers is extremely hard, your only tool is to whirlwind them fast and escape until they hammer you to the death. Against BvC you can't do a thing, unless barb is low on hp. You can't trade ww with them, you can't harm them with traps... pretty much impossible duel. Other than that, playing ghost is challenging and requires good namelocking skills to make it work. Overall, strong build.

Hybrid assassin - in theory better than the ghost because you have fairly strong traps and everything ghost has on your side. You can deal with barbs and paladins with traps, also with anything else too. However, lower claw block, lower dr and much lower ar compared to ghost. From my experience, hybrid is not as good in killing casters as ghost is, you can definitely feel the difference. But possibility to deal with paladins and barbs much easier is great. Even though I had better success with ghost, I still think this build is superior overall.

Trapper - even though I don't have one, I played against many of them. They are strong opponents, even lol ones. Almost always challenging to beat. But somehow they don't really win ffa matches as much as I expected. Problem with this build is people usually play her too defensively and killing defensive trapper is very hard while she don't kill either.

Wind druid - huge damage output, he hurts like hell. Can't really say anything else since almost no one played with one. Okay, trappers are very tough opponents for him, but that is very known fact anyway.

Fire druid - before pvp week I though that is lolbuild. How am I gonna kill anything? He turned out not just good, but very strong as well. With him I always stayed alive in ffa until there was 1v1 for the winner. Okay, perhaps some time I died before that. Thing is, he can last very long, and his spells hurt very much. I killed many people with him, either with armageddon, or fissure, or volcano. His influence on battlefield is huge. I made him to be lolbuild, he turned out to be one of the strongest characters I played. Not that powerhouse, but I believe it wasn't easy to deal with him.

Fire sorc, vita - she is absolutely powerhouse, dominating ffa, dominating teams. Very powerful character. Actually, I believe she is strongest char I saw during whole pvp week, no other char was that dominating.

Bonemancer, vita - very strong character. From all testings I just proved to myself he doesn't need block and is indeed better with more life and damage. I thought bowazons will be too hard to beat, but its not like that at all. He can deal with them with... 50/50 ratio? Or something like that. Matches against casters went really well, he can kill just about anything with positive score. Overall dominating character.

Paladins - yes, only one category here :p. Charge is sooooo annoying. Fighting him is very hard to do without ranged attack. Basically, its impossible to determine where he really is. Those without hammers are not much of a threat, and those with hammers can be strong opponents.

Bowazon - great in team battles. Packs a lot of damage, however most of them are easy to kill. Okay, depends on what you play with, but generally they are not born winners in this game. However strongest of bowazons are really strong, with a lot of lite and tons of damage. If there are no ghosts or chargers around, they can go wild.

Shizuru -or, OPjavazon :p. Interesting build. Very strong on melee, can deal thousands of damage with one hit, so you must be very careful when you deal with her. She can surely kill something, however I'm undecided about how strong she is.

Plaquezon - not so strong, but rather annoying. Once poison hit you, you will probably drop on low hp eventually and you can do nothing about it. Unless overstacking some. Generally, not easy opponents, but not destined to win either.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  17. NagisaFurukawa

Agreed for the most part. I don't remember playing too defensively (by my standards), except when it was a forced situation with something like Vegeta on the other end, but defensive play with a trapper is certainly really tough to crack. Aggressive play is much more rewarding though, not to mention fun for both sides. Fire Blast is really nice skill for trapper as well, and I hope more people start exploring using it, since I didn't see any of the other trappers make much use of it, at least not against me.

The other one or two of these I saw both used Bramble. Not sure if that's better than Enigma or not, but it seems like extra mobility would be more valuable than damage since you need a long time for the poison to take effect anyway.

---------------

Blizzy: Huge raw damage potential that is hard to resist without some serious overstacking. Even with only borderline gear, she could one hit kill many enemies on the field, though it's much more difficult to manage these days with 1.07 Shako and beta CTA everywhere. Raven Frost prevalence, poor range, cast delay, and some major issues with hit/miss limit limit her a bit, but she is still devastating in the right hands (ie. not mine). It can be a challenge to play her aggressively compared to defense or random pickoffs, and she is a little luck based for sure, but she is still great character to build on the cheap.

Kicksin: Low tier build, but fun. She can theoretically pump out the damage/stun as fast as a ghost, if not faster, but the problem is reliability. Minion stacks are tough for single target kick attack, and Clay Golem can really wreck you. WW and such are pretty impossible to kick/stun as well. My beloved Lucia is themed ghost (max SM/MB/etc.) with bow switch for some anti-counter, but she's limited mostly to being decent support in teams or picking off certain builds in FFA, although she can be annoying if she goes ultra defensive with SM and bow doing heavy lifting. Hybrid traps isn't standard at all from what I've heard, but somehow I feel it would be much better. Pure trapper with claw providing high OW and Venom is actually something I'm considering in the future.

Nice week overall, glad to have made it for at least half of the days, as well as to have seen a couple unusual things in there. Also, <3 Shizuru.

18. nulio

nulio Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a bit sad I missed most of the pvp nights.
    And I only had two builds ready so I just used those two.

My new coldsorc was amazing, she dropped ES and went vita. I realized I HAD to use my 1.07 arkaine's somehow, especially with the sexy jewel I traded before. And the great caster amulet I got some months ago is awesome and even awesomer in vita build. Then I decided to make her a FOer with Blizzard as backup.

And she is so much stronger, and so much fun! FO allows for a more aggressive playing style (teleporting aggressively while trying to place blizzards is slower than teleporting and aiming FO). It's also great just using Blizzard for some precision attack instead of all the time. And I noticed that having all those shards flying around makes most of the opponents getting careless which allows for blizzsniping™.

And she did great in the two days I joined the games, when she was around ears where flying around!

I also joined with the bowazon. She either dominated a game or died fast. She is very fragile versus some builds, and I haven't mastered her (yet, I hope).

I was not surprised that Gripphon's fire druid is strong since kimppi's one is also. Comparing to wind druid he has rangier attacks :p Not as strong as tornado mas easier to land from my experience.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  19. maxicek

Wednesday

I seem to have no screenshots of Wednesday, so I can't remember who was there. I played my WW/Trap assassin with patchy results. Some matches were good, others I took an early shower. I changed to my Bowazon, Atalanta at the end. FFAs are always fought for a bowazon, and these were no exception. We did some teams too, but can't remember who was with who. Someone help me out here …

Thursday

Zhora, C/C Trap Assassin - maxicek
    Flame_Grilled, Fire / ES Sorceress - colony
    Odiseuss, Wind Druid - Gripphon
    Kyuubey, BvC Barbarian - frozzzen
    Norticus, Bone Necro - mir
    SCisfornubs, Liberator - FredofErik
    Sapphire, Fire / ES Sorceress - Pyrohemia
    Sinn, Ghost Assassin - Gripphon
    Kricket, Charger Paladin - Pyrohemia
    Sorceress, a Hammerdin - colony
    Assassin, T/V paladin - Pyrohemia
    Detheroc, Poisonmancer - Gripphon
    Boreas, Wind Druid - maxicek
    Ivy, Poison Javazon - Face
    Priapism, bone Necromancer - colony

The last night was quieter than most, I think people were feeling tired after a whole week. We did lots of FFAs, I played my C/C trapper for most of them and did fairly well. Sinn was fairly tough for me though, she was difficult to kill.

We split into teams for some 2v2v2 duels. These are always chaotic but lots of fun. It reminds me of the first arena fight at the beginning of Gladiator, where they are chained to each other. To begin with it was one assassin pet team, later one paladin. I had some good duels with both colony and Face. FoE spammed hammers, still using the trackpad, most people seemed to manage to connect with one at some point or other.

Pick your assassin!
    View attachment 4865

I switched to my Wind Druid for approximately three duels at the end, but didn't play him very well again.

gg!

Well, that's it for another PvP week. As usual I am not sure when the next one will be, but expect some games every now and then.

Thanks to everyone who joined in during the week and made it one of the best ever. I don't think I can remember one with the games so well attended every day of the week. In fact we had at least two nights where people were waiting to get into the game.

I normally pick a build of the week - Man of the Match award if you will. I liked nulio's re-spec of his Blizz sorc to have frozen orb too. But I think my favourite was frozzen's new Amazon, Shizuru. Hax far casting aside, she was played very well and gave lots of characters trouble. Which characters did everyone else like best?

And if you have read this thread and think you would like to join in next time, get building your character!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  20. Gripphon

Team battles were like this:
    I remember being in a team with FoE while playing Sinn. Other teams are blur to me, I know Colony was alone with Sorceress. After that, some smaller team battles.

Zhora - Trapper - Maxicek
    Sorceress - Hammerdin - Colony
    vs
    Zareta - Orber - Face
    Detheroc - Poisonmancer - Gripphon

Last team battle and closing battle to pvp week was between

Boreas - Windy - Maxicek
    Priapism - Boner - Colony
    vs
    Ivy - Plaquezon - Face
    Tichondrius - Boner - Gripphon

Best character of whole PvP week? OPzon with farcasts!
    From other characters, Nulio's respeced sorc is very nice. Nagisa's kicker Lucia is very nice, probably my favorite when it comes to imaginativeness of whole build. I like Kyuubey, mountain of a barb, was interesting to see him in action.