Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp war cry barb

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fredsta54, Jun 3, 2005.

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

pvp war cry barb

im cancelling the liberator project due to its crappy ar, and now im bored. I think im gonna make a pvp war cry barb, cuz i find them immensely fun on expansion, and on classic i beleive they have potential, not as an uber godly 1337 leet character, but as a fun character that can kill in pubbys.

im gonna use 2 shards, 2 sojs, frostburn, +1 barb prismatic ammy with fcr, + 50 mana, and some stacked lightning resist. 30 fr/w boots with fhr, 30 cold resist 30 fire resist. deaths sash and goldskin, or some nice rare belt and hawkmail.

Either tarnhelm, 3 p skull helm, or 114 mana helm (3 p saph mask)

i tested it in single player and @ lvl 80 i came out with 1k mana, 3.xk life, 750 damage at fastest cast avialable on classic

also max resists with cold and lightning being a lil over max.

Hes run pretty fast.

Im gonna max bo, war cry, 1 leap, 1 increased speed, 1 natural resist, max battle cry, and spread the rest of the points between howl and taunt (doesnt matter which, they are both equal synergies to war cry)

I remember my demi- god war cry barb on expansion a while back, and his stats werent much better than this, and he killed in expansion.

I just wont duel other barbs :)

Fred

2. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

Tell me how it goes :) .. I never got around to making mine.

3. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Let me know if it's viable. 750 damage x 1/6 penalty just doesnt seem like enough, unless you get them stun locked.

But since it is magic damage, no rez to it, so this may work out just fine.

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

It's actually physical damage. I find that on xpac, with my singer, I do 900-1000 damage, and it's sufficient for taking down casters... anything with ww, or zons, are an unbelievable pain though. Can't stun lock WW'ers, and zon's dodge moves work against War Cry.

considering the lack of bo in classic, I'd expect 750 to be plenty.

5. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Ty for the correction.

6. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

Sounds fun, but is it tedious to lvl him up?

7. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Leveling is a juggling act, requires items, gold...

Both ww and warcry barbs dont get to do anything but flimsy damage until level 30. To go from 25 to 30 is usually a pain, unless u have friends to help u. Just like u can pour points in a mastery well before getting ww, u can pump warcry synergies to boost damage. Now lets see... few barbs max bo first exclusively for the life, mana and party. For a warcry barb, the life is nice, and the mana is well, very important!

When u hit lvl 30 with any barb, there are so many skills to get: bo, nat resist, ur main attack, battle comand, mastery or synergy. so there is some juggling here. Low mana in even bash barbs is very very frustrating. At least with pallys u can use sacrifice (no mana cost), so to begin casting warcry, I remember as a u-have-got-to-be-kidding event. It's one thing to plan ahead your FINAL warcry build, but getting there? It took me 3 days to lvl up to 80...

So, just join the usual types of games that level u up, u will be providing some bo, and have some mana for some warcry. At this point I remember buying TONS of MANA pots. We had to tear down the wall in the pandemonium fortress to bring the Mack Truck in to unload the pallets. Dont forget, they made me sign a huge bill for it, and the only way u can pay is with lottsa armors, wands, flawless gems, etc... Make sure u are casting warcry while taking a potion - that is, dont take it at the end, the greater mana will overflow the ball and be wasted, a waste of precious gold.

Now if u rush thru with a group and ur barb is like 35 and ur are in late hell, boy will u be disappointed! Steady as she goes. With 2 shards (assuming u can get these, not hard) ur resists will suck and lightning bosses will toast u. I found this to be the most limiting handicap my barb had, after I had partly solved the mana problem. Finally, one glorious day, a goldskin dropped. Having a lvl 86-** char to gamble for any kind of crappy +2 magical anychar ammy, and then trade this for a +2barb magical ammy (hopefully with something else) was fairly straightforward. Then with battlecommand, NatResist is 'pumped' up to lvl 4. GS + lvl 4 natres = +70% resists. Crappy resist problem solved!

To answer ur question, whew, is it tedious, yes it is if u start from scratch. If u twink or trade items or run with the fast pack, u can get places fast. So 3 days to 80 is possible after a few months of the ladder.

It's hard to find good BO barbs in late normal, Nm, and often in early hell. Should U go for damage first with warcry/syn or go for life/mana? I chose to get damage first, and do what I did above, buy the mana. The poster of this thread goes for max bo and shorts his final damage for his own reasons (pvp).

8. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

I think a helping hand from an enchantress is the best way to get from 1-30