Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP Variant of Templar

Discussion in 'PvP' started by nightaswz, Jun 22, 2005.

?

what weapon for tigerstrike/dtail build?

1. Eth upped ribracker 298%ed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rare eth runics 292%ed, fools mod, +15min,+2mb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eth stormlash 292% ed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Eth fleshripper 289% ed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

PVP Variant of Templar

I was trying to make a Foh pally to clean the floor of noobs in pub duels =) Usually, most of them do not bother stacking resists so FoH came to my mind as a sure way of killing them. Because lots of skills are left over after maxing FoH, holy shock, and sufficient points into conviction, i planned on going the smiters route as well. Thus, we have in the making a templar.
    However, an idea came across my mind. Since ill have conviction activated 99% of the duels, why should i not make a fire auradin with FoH as a backup skill. Since the holy fire aura damage can be easily negated with Rising sun, hotspurs, kiras, etc, the use of FoH seems pretty practical.

This is where u guys come in =D
    I have no clue what the optimum gear choice would be, factoring in a balance of life, resist, FoH damage, + holy fire aura skills, etc.

Im thinking about a 5soc 25/25 +3 FoH scepter or HoJ, Griffons, dragon armor, dragon shield, Maras, etc as my main setup. When dueling melee chars, i could switch for HoZ (max block?), CoA, Dungo, and Grief (phase or BA?).

How good would this char be in pub duels? Please post ur opinions and/or any constructive criticism.

*Note: I have never made a auradin and a templar.. at least not on 1.10 =/
    (My experience with paladins, except for a hammerdin (DOH!), practically ammounts to 0) =D

2. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

with lots of practice. a v/t (smite foh) or a mage (hammer/ foh) can be one of the most deadliest classes for pubs easily. 8k hammers 7k foh is deadly. just like 7k foh and 5k smite.

..... but then again.. having a nice car doesnt nessesarily mean you know how to drive it well. ;)

(it takes practice to get good with em)

3. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

just as deadly for private dueling, in my opinion. At least in skilled hands they are. its hard to beat a good one consistently with most characters.

--welt

4. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

watch out for absorb ppl in pubs :thumbsup:

5. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

Thanks for the awesome replies. A few other questions:
    This build will basically be a cross between an Auradin and a Templar. I need some help with the skill allocations. Im guessing that its somewhat like this:

20 FOH
    20 Holy shock
    20 Holy shield
    20 Fana
    sufficient skills for a lvl 25 Conviction
    Rest into Smite
    1 Holy freeze
    Vigor
    Salvation (in case of conviction... is it really necessary)

I just skimmed a portion of the pvp templars guide in pally forum and someone suggested a point in fana because using holy frost vs a ww barb is... shall i say suicide? =P
    Anyone think thats necessary. Ill also have to waste points on the pre-req =/

After reading some posts, i realized the limitations on my skill allocation. I suppose if i was going the fire aura route, ill have to spend 20 points into fire resist to make it effective. Is that necessary? Otherwise ill have to compromise and put a few in each =/
    Then again, i wanted to have two elements active so the opponent cant sorb me and completely nullify my damage.

FoH (Light damage), Holy Fire aura (Fire damage), and Smite (phys unblockable and stuns! woot)

Tell me what u guys think. Thanks a lot for ur time =D