Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp trap sin question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by thenest, Feb 28, 2004.

1. thenest

thenest IncGamers Member

pvp trap sin question

i maxed ls and all its sinergys, she is level 80 (probably going to hit 90 at most with her) i have a point onto each:
    claw block
    fade
    mind blast
    cloke of shadows
    and that frw skill (forget the name)
    where should i but the rest of my skill points im thinking of mind blast or maybe a shadow master what do u think.

also my gear is:
    shako
    egnima
    sand storm
    2xsojs for now might get wedingbands instead
    +2skill ammy (that i dont think i can mention on here)
    frosties for now my mana is hurting so using them till i find some nice rest. gloves
    rare claw with +2 all and +3 to ls other mods
    bartuc till i can find another nice trap claw
    10x trap gc's

this gives me alost 11k damage with ls

now what should i put into my shako ber, or i have an eth shako should i zod this instead, should i um shako if i weapon swich to ss and wiz spike my restances are all 75 but weak with claws, or should i go with a lightning facet, or is shako the wrong way to go i can afford about anything so

my rare claw is getting lightning facet (probably a 5/-5 just for looks i know the - rest doesnt work on traps) the whole reason for building her is because of this claw lol

another question is what is the cap on frw and fhr

alittle help plz

2. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

I don't know about your other questions, but I'm not sure about this. I've also heard that the +5% won't boost your traps because they are minions, however I thought the -5% enemy resistance still worked?

Edit: I seem to have just refuted myself. Tested in open with fire traps (for a smaller range in damage). The damage inflicted from one wake of inferno is almost exactly the same as one with 17 fire facets :surprise:

So I guess facets are no good to a trapper.

3. thenest

thenest IncGamers Member

I thought the - to resistances dident work and the 5% to skill did with a trap

4. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

i maxed ls and all its sinergys, she is level 80 (probably going to hit 90 at most with her) i have a point onto each:
    claw block
    fade
    mind blast
    cloke of shadows
    and that frw skill (forget the name)
    where should i but the rest of my skill points im thinking of mind blast or maybe a shadow master what do u think.
    [/QUOTE]

Burst of Speed is the "FR/W skill". You can't use that and Fade at the same time.

Mara's amulett is a ncie choice. You can shop for a magic claw at anya in Hell if you need a +3 trap, +3 LS claw. Heart of the Oak is a nice runeword, though FCR doesn't seem to necessary now a days for trappers. Wizardspike is also a nice option, and it adds a base mana you can work from.

Using 2 x SoJs is great and all, but if you want to use B-K, use one of each. One SoJ, one B-K. Helps your mana.

Eth shako is stupid. You don't need the extra defense that much. I don't know what belt you use, but 35% PDR from storm, and 10% from Shako is 45%, adn then 8% from enigma. Fade has a hidden PDR bonus. Each level Fade adds 1% PDR. And 45% ís still nice. Put a Cham in there instead, as your trap laying speed depends on IAS, not FCR.

If you pick C/C you might consider Arachnid's over Verdungo's for a total of 33% PDR. You then need a level 17 BoS to reach 50% PDR vs. Physical.

One again, it's your call. Having Storm on switch would be quite costly on life, and you're not the class to tank melee. Higher life helps vs. elemental casters.

Oh, and FR/W isn't capped. But it's effects dimnish a lot at higher levels. I don't really know what applies 1.10, but 1.09, after 80% FR/W or so, the result were REALLY dimnishing. BoS adds quite a nice bonus anyway.

The "top" FHR limit, is 86%. That's the most realistic breakpoint left to face. If you go C/C I really recommend it, because you'll have crappy Block Rate.

5. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

I think you meant Fade ?

With extra points (assuming no points in MA tree and strictly PvM), I'd put into either SM, MB or Fade. Depends on playing style: if you have a kick azz tanking merc, maybe you don't need SM a/o MB, so Fade sounds better. I'd hope you get a merc that can kill & stay alive though b/c the LIs/PIs arent going to be easy.... If PvP, then everything Kaffe said :thumbsup:

Btw, that rare claw is unbelievable!

6. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

Yes, I did mean Fade.

He did ask for a PvP Trapsin. A Soloing / Random Pubbie Playing Trapsin would probably need a fully equipped merc. I've took some odd notes about Merc behaviour in .09. Act 2 merc could beat down Physical Immunes, even with NO elemental damage on their equipment. I hadn't ever heard of the effect and was might surprised to see it in action.

Maxing out Fade is not necessary. As I said above you can get away with a slvl 17 Fade. Easily fixed with two pre-cast claws with +3 Shadow Skills and +3 Fade. Add all your +all skills and potentially a pre-cast amu (might be difficult to carry around, but keep one in stash and pre-cast). That's why I like using Shadow Charms over Trap Charms (and go Hybrid in the end). Because you only really boost 1 Trap Damage with Trap Skillers, but you raise 3 (4) important skills with Shadow Charms: Fade, Mind Blast, Shadow and now Venom. And BoS of course, for switching.

7. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

I'm kind of confused about this. Do you mean the merc would help you level up to get to your desired PvP level, or that the merc himself will help you PvP better?

From what I've experienced, a merc could either be a complete waste of time (ie the enemy kills him almost instantly), or if you fully deck him out he might be exceedingly strong, but still very dumb since he is AI controlled.

Also, do you expect to live forever? No matter how strong your build is, you will die. Do you want your PvP setup to depend on a merc that costs 50k a pop? Also keep in mind this is a pubby game, if you carry the kind of funds needed to keep a merc alive it WILL get stolen when you die :lol:

8. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

I was more referring to leveling. I wouldn't use a Merc in PvP.

However, after playing with a sorc on Europe, who had the perfect solution to Slow Zons and other lamers who entered the (serious) duelling games (while still playing totally legit herself) was to equip her Act 1 merc with Slow gear. It worked surprisingly well, as she moved around by teleporting and the merc followed her with each teleport.

Mercs for PvP are only really effective in LLD areas.

You need a merc for leveling for Lightning Immunes. If you play in a Pubbie game (IE, not with someone you know) you obviously can't count on having a solid team, who will help you with LIs. Therefore you should get a merc, and equip him/her good.

Not for PvP.