Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp summoner > hammerdin or ne caster?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by OpiuTry_OnE, Mar 28, 2004.

1. OpiuTry_OnE

OpiuTry_OnE IncGamers Member

pvp summoner > hammerdin or ne caster?

i saw a pvp summoner killed a hammerdin and a a hurricane with ez, he tele and minion kill them within a sec.. both the hurricane druid and hammerdin r fairly good.. if pvp summoners r taht good y isnt it popular?

2. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

shhhh..... :)

3. Bmw_Spy

Bmw_Spy IncGamers Member

well was the summoner using revives? If so its understandable if the druid or hammerdin wasnt smart enough to wait out the duration, but i think a good wind druid can beat a summoner. Otherwise, if it was just all skellies...I'm sure the GOOD hammerdin would be able to create good hammerfields and the skellies would just fall. Or the druid could just spam nadoes which hit multiple times. I really see no reason for their loss, but maybe they were just sub par duelers.

4. OpiuTry_OnE

OpiuTry_OnE IncGamers Member

yep there r reviever also the summoner come rite out the town and tele to the hammerdin.. the hammerdin probably doesnt have enough time to cast enough hammers o_O

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

The two problems with a summoner PvP is:You need tele at a high FCR, and if you die...your army is gone

6. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

7. ranvage

ranvage IncGamers Member

When were summoner's allowed in pvp? It used to be any skill's involving any outside sources, i.e. corpses, where frowned upon...

PKing yes, but PVP...no....

8. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

those are dueling league rules, which pubbies dont' take into consideration. the notion that a NON-SORC was teleporting should have given that away.

g

9. Sumazndude

Sumazndude IncGamers Member

(-_-)

I was in a pubby duel using a hammerdin against a summoner. Tele'd right on top, stacked minions = gg. What could have prevented my many deaths, fhr, and some strategy. Besides, everytime I killed a bunch of his minions, he'd leave and get more.

10. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

A foh din's holy bolt damage would probably rip through skeleton summons. But if the necro revived some burning souls or hard/fast hitting monsters, you're in trouble.

11. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

yeah if used right thay are good but a hammerdin with the same skill lvl should be the better. if thay were using mw bug snd could add to SM RS and revive and used bone spells thay could be harder. if the hammerdin could also teleport and makea area where hammers flying around like mad, it could be hard to go in the area and not get hit. the only time i dueled a summoner was with my fire sorc and fire ball wipe him out in a few hits

12. ranvage

ranvage IncGamers Member

Never knew there was a problem with tele charges/enigma now....Any skill that came from an item was fine, but using anything involving outside "forces" wasn't allowed, unless dueling leagues are getting so anal retentive their eye's are brown now...

Of course dueling has been crap since the expac came along anyway, heh.

13. Dark Knight

Dark Knight IncGamers Member

Cynical old skool peoples on bnet = Cynical old skool peoples on bnet+1 :D

Still wearing the ladda trang vage?

14. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I don't like dueling leagues, they limit pvp to a few builds, and there are so many rules, everyone wears the exact same thing, the only way to win is to get the most expensive "legit dueling" equipment possible, there is little strategy in pvp as it is. pub and priv.

Can you survive a legit charged strike amazon hit, or a maxed synergy +cold mastery sorceress, or perhaps even a bonemancer with bone prison (prison is BM now I hear, sad)

15. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

summers lose to all good casters. I have a commando mancer decked out.

FOH = pally turns on holy shock aura

hammer = good hammer field; must have been that the hammer pala wasnt payign attention

Sorcs = fire ball, and blizz kill all summons easily (dunno bout lightning... i seem to do alright vs frost orb sorcs)

Power strike zons = lightning fury
    plague javazons = own summon necs
    Rabies druids = own skeles and you 2.

etc etc..

ironically... my summon necro OWNS all bone necros... hehe... so hes really the best counter to them... you just have to be ultra aggressive and get close to the bone nec before his teeth spam rips your skeles apart... but thats not hard to do.

i havent done enough tests vs elemental druids but i bet they dont lose THAT badly.. i bet you can catch a druid with amp dmg and your summons can keep him in recovery animation.... hurricane wont kill your skeles in a hell game.

summon necros OWN all melee chars however, vs casters and other chars that do lots of elemental dmg the only way you can beat them is by getting the jump on them when they arent expecting it.

max summon resist just isnt enough to compete elemental dmg chars... my skeles are level 41 and my summon resist is level 41 and the good casters/elemental dmg chars with good gear seem to make quick work of my skeles.

i still enjoy duelling my sumon necro... becuase he can do "ok" vs medium casters (ie: casters not decked out with skillers) and can own melee chars and bone necs fairly easily.

i simply love the "WTF?" factor when i kill people with over 30 skeles/mages
    thnx
    stef

16. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Ways to get around builds:

Javazon, FoH, and such..

DONT STOP TELEPORTING!!!! The Bolts of light or holy just stack on each other and they cannot inflict the massive army killing damage.

Rabies Druid: All out assault, massive Offensive

Hammerdins, Always stay below them!

Wind druid = KK ure owned :cheesy:

~Kbob

17. ranvage

ranvage IncGamers Member

Working on a second set actually, your poor account is getting naked though, with the crazy amount of chars I make....