Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp speeder

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fredsta54, Jun 2, 2005.

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

pvp speeder

just read over the current speeder guide, to be frank, its garbage. I might make a real speeder mini guide, (also known as bva, bvc) you know, specific gear, not a huge list of options. im sure this would help out a LOT of players on how to make a 1337 char to own pub gamz. :)

i mean, lets be honest, they are... pretty much the best pvp chars. WW kills almost everybody in 1 hit, their fast, huge life, huge resists... need i say more?

not a single amazon can kill a good one, most sorcs will be "pwnt be the speed" as pub duelers say, fohers dont do **EDITED BY DACAR**against stacked lr, bone necros are good but leap + desynch ww=gg nec, even with iron maiden and various other evasive tactics.

To be honest, only characters that stand a chance against a thought out, well built bvc barb are hammerdins, bvb barbs, and bone necros if they are excellent. (liberators, of course :) )

I am saying this not just imo, but in the opinions of every top player on classic bnet

Of course there are many other excellent characters, but i think the bvc barb, like on xpac, is the best "all around" dueler.

Fred

2. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

Very true, I've made speeders with lances, anc axes, martels, but I have to say my favorite is exe speeders. To be honest, exe speeders are a bit of a mix breed, you can easily change gear from speeder to bvb, nullifying more classes than a 2h speeder with stack sheilds. This was wat I had used:

Azian-Windscar(yes inuyasha is a good anime, no i don't watch it on ytv)

+1 19 dex 18 str 18 priz ammy
    15 str 15 dex 17 cr ring
    15 str 13 dex LL 19 lr 43 mana ring
    19 str 58 life 20 fr belt
    30frw 5 dex 37 cr 32 lr boots
    15 dex 7 str 18 lr gloves
    3 soc p emerald helm
    hawkmail
    228 soc (124 1h) exe

20 ww
    20 wm
    20 bo
    1bc
    1zerk
    8 speed
    12 nat resis

It worked out very well for me. Sorcs weren't a problem, orb and fb doesn't do sufficient damage with stack or 75 fr, if a leet troublesome blizzer comes along just put on a 120 cr shield, same for Foh. Vs barbs I switched hawk for twitch and put on some gtoes-when I tested this I was amazed at how well bvb worked even without angelics. Bvb vs speeders was very easy and even vs Bvb builds I rarely ever lost, about the same as a 150 bh or a 128 naga.
    I think this is probably due to the mass - req i used in my gear. As for hammerdins, what works for me is don't hurry and try to kill him by wwing into his hammers, normally when they get irritated they come closer hoping they will catch you in the circle of hammers, thats when I would ww, with a good exe 1ww should do it most of the time. Bone necros can be fairly hard if they are experienced, if they wall up your best chance is to jump in and start zerking, but unless that's completely neccesary, I just stay out of range and kill the others.

O,O wow I got a little carried away............ :)

3. fredsta54

i can see your on the right track, but i disagree with some of your gear choices.

Lances and martels "suck" and should not be used. Anc axes are ok because they have the same strength requirements as nagas (which is the best weapon choice, imo) although i would prefer to dual wield nagas. Exe's have very high requirements, and they are too expensive for their worth.

i noticed in your skill point placement you have 0 points into leap (wtf?) and an excessive amount of points to nat resist

here is the skill placement for a bvc

20 ww
    20 axe mastery
    20 bo
    20 leap
    a *few* to nat resist
    1 or so to inc speed

im not gonna write up this guide yet but the basic gear (not advanced) is

2X 125+ nagas with good mods
    hawkmail
    30 f/r/w boots with 2 30+resists (fr, cr, lr)
    2 rings with ar and 2 25+ resists (fr,cr,lr)
    gloves with 2 25+ resists (fr, cr, lr)
    belt with fhr 2 25+ resists and hopefully stats and cold damage
    +barb skills prismatic ammy with stacked cold or lightning resist

cant beat a cold sorc? put on 3 p saph shield

cant beat a foher? put on a 3 p topaz shield

troublesome barbs? put on twitchthroe and swordback. If they still give you trouble put on angelics and gob toe or just bring in your bvb to sk00l them

why 20 leap? great mobility, shout is useless on a bvc barb, 1+ screen knockback radius that puts them into double fhr animation. You can leap an enemy from a distance until they are pressed up against a wall. Do another small leap and run in for the kill.

Nagas are the highest damaging range 3 1 handed weapons. use 2 for 50% more hits.

This is just off the top of my head

Fred

4. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Why do lances suck?

With irthas, you get an extra 20fr/w, and 65 rez to all. AND you get a extra max 10 to all your resists.

I really don't see why that isn't a viable option.

5. Standard Legal Tender

It's not un-viable, but it just doesn't cover the same amount of pvp advantages as weapons that can be used 1h, plus lances hit less than most weapons.

P.s-Fred-
    20 into leap isn't something we see in west on barbs of.... any kind really.
    I don't quite understand the concept of your logic but I always considered it a skill for maneuverability... further explanantion would be appreciated. ;)

6. fredsta54

Lances suck because if you need to put on a shield, you cant, as their are no 1 handed spears. Itharas is considered pretty noob, and, using an ammy, belt, gloves, and helm can get you much more than 65 to important resists. 20 f/ r/w isnt that great. +10 to maximum resistances, well, its nice, although, it wouldnt come in useful all that much, since using itharas set you are pressed for resistances and you wouldnt be able to stack enough to be able to use that +10% max. mabye vs fohers w/o convict or ice sorcs w/o cm it would be good :rollseyes:

Fred

edit: yes its viable if you want to make a n00b bvc

7. Standard Legal Tender

Yeah. on west I bought a 322 40ias 190 ar 1-12 light cold soc lance.
    When I tried the build out with some GG gear, it still turned out only a moderately good PvP. I guess it's because lances aren't that great vs other barbs which accounts for many PvP duelers, so you can't own as much as with a 1h. But a 280 lance/iratha build is very very cheap.. so it's not a bad beggining PvP for those who are less rich.

8. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

great build fred

9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Using *** to finish a word is by all means "going around our word filter. Please be careful here. Swearing is a bannable offense, as well as bypassing the word filter.

10. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

It's easy enough if you actually put skill points in nat rez, plus you use a high rez belt/ boots, sojs ect.

i'm not using this for bvb, so I don't care to use a shield. Since this is supposed to be a speeder, how is 20fr/w stacked with 30fr/w boots and points in speed not a good idea?

What you are making is not a speeder.

11. fredsta54

well maxed leap is very helpful, and its not like you need points into shout, (ok it would synergise bo thats about it)

the reason why leap > leap attack is because of its knockback. when maxed, and a lil + skills (2 or 3 including bc) its knockback radius can knock players back from 1.5 screens away. That way you can do little hops to knock back your opponent and stun them from very far away. You can effectively knock a bone necro all the way to a wall, where he will be trapped, and you can just run up to him and ww.

I guess its not a speeder. Speeders use lots of r/w and a big 2 handed weapon and although, their fast and strong, their also qiute fragile against certain classes.

This is a BvC. 120 lr and 120 cr shields are your friends against especially good fohers or ice sorcs, and against a good bowazon, good luck with your lance

and yes i said a few points to increased speed, just not a lot, and nat resist has very diminishing returns, so placing lots of points to it is a waste.

Fred

12. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

I have never made a bvc but I was doing tests in single player, and was amazed at how awsome leap was. if a char you duel has slow hit recovery they will be really easy.

13. fredsta54

leap ALWAYS puts your opponent into DOUBLE fhr animation :)

14. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I think I might make one of these when I can find 2 nagas that are worth using. :thumbsup:

15. Standard Legal Tender

:D This is the reason why these forums exist.... who knew leap was actaully useful.... 2 nagas eh, definetly gona give it a try.

16. fredsta54

these are just facts/// stuff i know of the top of my head. I was thinking of making an in-depth guide about the (imo) best pubby, bm, succesful dueler.

The Bvc barb

Fred

17. Standard Legal Tender

Please do, I'll be the first to make one :D . Then I can brag about it to my friends.... :lol:

18. fredsta54

SLT, are you east ladder?

19. Standard Legal Tender

Nah, I am west..this season I went on east for a while but it wasn't to my liking so I sold the account for 2 sojs on west.

20. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

i use a martel speeder, very versatile character with proper gear changes.

in the bvs resist stuff i wear 80% of the time[i use iratha helm,gloves and belt to get the min/dex/res/ and mainly the fr/w it provides. i use a rare +barb 20str 18priz 45cr ammy rather than irathas. min/max dex life 25-30 cr or lr rings, 30frw 40cr 32fr 32lr hfd boots], he does well vs a varied game of oppenents. but, i also carry alot of gear around to better equip myself for those 1 vs 1 matches where you dont have to gear vs every possiblity. adding some fhr, ias cb to zerk necs or some ar cb fhr to vs dins. or bvb for those little hammer bvb's that always think its cool to host and harrass the 2-hand speeder. quick change to rattle , 3 p ame crown, gtoes, angelics, 24fhr cold dmg 20str battle belt and ka-pow. t.t [using 285 30ias fire psn cold mart]. takes out most hammers 150 on down. with higher hammers, he doesnt survive most of the time but he'll often take his oppenent down with him.

i also carry around a 96-169 1-20lite 15-20fire bh and sback/twitch or rattle/ 30/20 20priz pavise. this gives him a fighting chance vs an actual bvb. and i've noticed that his increased speed seems to work well with the 50% cb and his high str/low life. get in, hit hard, get out..