Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp sorc question

Discussion in 'PvP' started by dlscowby, May 26, 2005.

1. dlscowby

dlscowby Diabloii.Net Member

pvp sorc question

ok ive made a orber/es pvp sorc, and i had a few questions and would hope that i can get a few opinions.

ok first is about my shield. i know ss is good because of dmg red, but with my es and telek lvled, wouldnt the dmg from my mana already be reduced to the point that life red wouldnt matter? (by the way, stat wise, i have about 100 in str, base dex atm, 100 base vit, and rest in mana) also if you have any other opinions about my stat points let me know, i just got over the lvl 60 hump so i still have some leeway. i also was thinking about a spirit monarch. good +skills,mana and life. fcr doesnt hurt either. but if i use sprit it takes away from me being able to put a facet, but with the +skills, i think it would cancel out.

second is about armor, ive heard valor works well because of the fhr and it has +2 skills, but wouldnt enigma work just as well? gives alot of str and faster run, but this is and the shield are prolly my biggest concerns.

rings, should i go with 1 raven and 1 soj? i dont want to get a cham just for non freeze, id rather use all 5/5facets and socket them in everything, and as for ammy..maras prolly obvious choice.

ok that about does it, also if you could tell me your guys' opinion about what each stat should be put to (str, dex, life) id appreciate it, i know rest goes into mana.

2. Gubben

Gubben Diabloii.Net Member

IMO go with this setup:

2x soj AT ALL TIMES! (fcr is NOT slowed down by chill...and you will tele right?)
    CoH as standrard armor and 3+ES ormus for prebuff
    Do use spirit as it gives everything a sorc could wish for...and with ES at 95% you wont be taking much damage anyways...mana is life remember?
    if you DO want to block and be mean to barbs and bowzons...use withstands guard...socket with sur or jah for life or...mana(your other healthpoints ;))
    or with a Ko or eld for better block.

i stongly suggest prebuffing of ES and maxing other syngergies for Orb and mastery...if you wast already planning this...and if you want to be evil in duels use insight on switch for meditation :) (but you didnt hear that from me)

3. Duelskull2

Duelskull2 Diabloii.Net Member

Go with spirit. I wouldnt recommend valor or enigma. Go with viper magi imo. It doesnt really matter if you're frozen so just go two sojs for the mana. Maras is fine, or a nice crafted cast/skills/etc one. Since you're going eshield it would be best to have base str/dex and then either all energy or maybe 100 vit and then all energy.

4. dlscowby

dlscowby Diabloii.Net Member

heh yea, i realized what i was missing with coh...just saw one, and the +3 es ormus will be hard to find, but ill be looking. almost there!! lol

5. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia Diabloii.Net Member

hehe at 1 pt i had a es ormus that added 15% to fire light and cold, too bad i dont have it anymore.....