PvP Smiter... Knockback?

canudig

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: PvP Smiter... Knockback?

I would think that you don't want knockback since you need them to be within your weapong range to smite......If you have ever tried normal pvm with smite you'll know how annoying the kb is.....

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

Unless you're using a Grief BA and fighting a Grief PB'er. I happen to be the PB'er and I get knocked back and then get wtfpwned...I think it's charge that's knocking me back.

canudig

Diabloii.Net Member

yeah that is a common tactic I believe.......but generally I don't think you want kb too much.....

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

Hum... isn't knockback integrated into the Smite skill? o_O

Or does the knockback mod makes it more dramatic?

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

I think it's because when you do a smite vs smite or whatever, smite cannot be interrupted. I think charge is one of those skills that always puts you into hit recovery animation and knocks you back, even if you block it.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member

Smite has a built in effect of Knockback. Having knockback mod on an item will not change anything.

Charge will not put you in a recovery animation nor knock you back, if you block it.

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow, very controversial discussion here... I like it!

I haven't dueled with my Smiter yet (i'm making him for ubers)

I do know that Smite has both Stun and KB against monsters, and I think it has against players too (at least KB - kinda annoying, stun would be much better!).

However a question about stun: slvl 1 Smite has under 1 sec stun, and higher levels have more stun. IIRC back in 1.07 I was stunning the ancients with higher Smite levels but not with lower ones! I didn't do kb on them though!

Can anyone confirm whether longer stun times can get players stunned?

barty

Diabloii.Net Member

Can anyone confirm whether longer stun times can get players stunned?[/QUOTE]

i have a wsccl smiter, and smite does have auto knockback, and is unblockable. the stun length for pvp does increase with the lvl of smite.
seems like sometimes they cant move about for a sec, then sometimes they move inbetween smites, but with a fast smite it wont matter because they will getstun locked[try and push them up against objects like walls rocks players etc]. Btw crushing blow is essential for a smiter imo, with 25% cb and >1k smite u can kill any character in less than 2 seconds of smitelock. if ur not xpac try using holy freeze+generals tan do li ga, lvl 16 freeze + generals = 100+% slow= gg for duels. my classic smiter rocks melee characters with slow and cb. adding knockback to smite wont increase the natural kb of smite.
[if interested in a smite build visit the classic forum, look for my guide on smiters for some points on smite] hope this helps l8.

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks, very helpful post. How about bosses? I remember i was stunning all three ancients in hell with a level 20 smite back in 1.07, I could just keep them stunned forever. Does it work against Act end bosses the same way as players?