Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Shockbear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by NokturnaL, Oct 31, 2006.

1. NokturnaL

NokturnaL IncGamers Member

PvP Shockbear

Before i quit playing a few years back I remember seeing a PvP Shockbear that had enough fcr to keep people in stunlock while using HoW and grizzly to do damage. Anyone know if this still works or if its still a good pvp build to use?

2. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

nope

haven't seen one of these since .09

with everything else so beefed up runeword wise, and with everyone having Call To Arms, and more life, it just doesn't work like it used to

3. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Shockwave Druid is usless in PvP, his Grizzly wont even hit through a high def char, and youll probably be dead by the time you can cast a single Shockwave.
    Dont even try.

4. NokturnaL

i've seen summoners with strong *** grizzly's, so why cant the shockbear have a grizzly that strong? all you need is 1 point in shockwave and 1 point in werebear the rest could go into synergies for grizzly and HoW if needed. is there any way this build can be decent in PvP? it sounds so fun :[

5. psych

psych IncGamers Member

The problem is that in .09 blocklock and stunlock were achieved much easier.

Now there are delays introduced on blocking/stunning/hitrecovery/... and this build can't work as good.

6. NokturnaL

is there a difference between the way shockwave and mind blast stun people?

7. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Yes. It can work, but mainly as a summoner. The best way to do it is go Doom Axe/35%fcr spirit as your primary and they just use arachnid, soj, 10%fcr ring, ammy with 10% fcr and either go enigma and slower cast or vipermagi.

Like you said, you'd basically just go max lvl 45 HoW and lvl 45 synergized Grizzly doing like 24k damage --then just max lycanthropy and throw a point into shockwave. You can then drop in with teleport and start shockwaving. At a distance, widowmaker is also a good sideboard with poison and a lil' slow from glegclaws/arachnid.

8. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think shockwave can be blocked, or at least its seemed that way to me. Mindblast is just much easier since it has the range and you can name-lock with it without pausing to move forward. Mindslayers teamed up with a fast mauler is a great combo though, I've used that before with a friend ^^ works great.