Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP ranger help

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Kodachi_ysaane, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

PVP ranger help

Hey, I am making a ranger on ladder USEast, and I need some help...
    My setup that I am planning to use is:

-Widowmaker
    -2x 25-30 max dmg jeweled Giant Skull
    -4x 25-30 max dmg jeweled wire fleece
    -Atmas
    -Dracs
    -Verd
    -Shadow dancers/Gores
    -2x ravenfrost
    *on switch
    -Eth Lac
    -Exile

My skills would be Max fana, max charge, max vigor, rest into ???

Enough str for gear
    Max Dex
    Base Vit
    Base Energy

I would probobly try to outbow most, and switch to exile/lac when im dodging and my arrows are flying at them. This would cause 1 shot to either amp/tap them. From there I would bow to a win easy. Also with max charge and Vigor, I would be able to take down some aggresive foes. I would plan to charge away w/ vigor when the enemy gets to close as well.

I think this sounds reasonable, but then again I thought about how effective holy freeze would be if i knockback them w/ the giant skull.

what should I do?

2. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

If their def is like 20k+ something, you probably won't be hitting them much unless they are moving. Additionally, the mods on your gear are for damage only and doesnt' maximize fastest shooting speed. While it's a nice idea, it's just not practical unless you put on angelic rings and ammy to boost AR and some % per level attack items which would also take away from your other skills. Your also better off with a zerker (range 3) for charge as LAC has a melee range of 1 and in my experience often does not connect.

3. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

Im using guided arrow, I wont need AR. Also, for whatever speed im lacking I will remove a jewel and slap a 15 ias/ed in it instead. What would be the preferable skill setup though?

4. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Doh, kinda blind, missed out on the GA bit. I still say you should maximize your rate of fire.

This is from Raven's guide: http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=127372

WSM 0 bows (Long, Short Battle, Short War, Cedar, Short Siege, Rune, Shadow, Ward, Diamond)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

IAS---------------Frames/attack
    00---------------------11
    13---------------------10
    34---------------------09 <=== you want this much ias

But if you think you are gonna be using your melee skills more, then that jewel will suffice.

Since ur maxing fanat, charge and vigor, I suggest you should use smite and holy shield too. Charge doesn't often connect as you only have 25% of the time chance of hitting if they are not moving and they maxed block at 75%. That's where smite will come in. One point in smite then rest in holy shield to boost your smite damage as well as you defense while charging. That said, fighting pure melee duelers will be tough. Better to sting like a bee and do not float like a butterfly but move around like a freaking mosquito.

5. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

so max Fana/vigor/holy shield/charge? Since I will be using mad amount of dex I will have 75% block even without holy shield, so all more lvls add is more defence. a higher smite has longer stun + more dmg compared to holy shield. also, even with lvl one holy shield + smite, I will still be able to smite my way thru anything b/c of lac.

6. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Sounds like you are doing a PVM. Holy shield normally adds higher damage to smite than the smite skill itself but since your PVM, good point. I've done that in the past, just stun them to submission then casually pick them off one by one. In case you PVP, stun from smite does not work.

7. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

umm, anyone who has ever used assassins knows the stun works. the swirly duration means if the enemy takes any damage at all he goes into fhr animation. You don't need to be a sarcastic ******* in your answers, I had just got mixed up on HS/smite which one gave ED/DMG.
    Once again, no need to be an *******.

8. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Dude, there was no sarcasm there. If you think I was then sorry, the stun doesn't work for me when I smite in Player vs Player and not vs monsters. As for assassins, I don't know. Please PM me next time.

9. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Have you thought about defiance? It won't add all that much passive defense, but I'd imagine every little bit helps, especially if you have nothing else to max. Another option would be holy shock and a synergy instead of charge. 3k lightning damage spammed at 9 frames per attack hurts pretty badly.

10. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

If you werent beeing sarcastic, than read more as I said this is PVP.
    also on the elem note, I was thinking that but with holy freeze instead

11. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

that is still no way to treat someone who is trying to help you

to create a thread asking for help and then lash out at those who attempt to supply it is not going to get you much help or friends