PVP ranger help

PVP ranger help

Hey, I am making a ranger on ladder USEast, and I need some help...
My setup that I am planning to use is:

-Widowmaker
-2x 25-30 max dmg jeweled Giant Skull
-4x 25-30 max dmg jeweled wire fleece
-Atmas
-Dracs
-Verd
-Shadow dancers/Gores
-2x ravenfrost
*on switch
-Eth Lac
-Exile

My skills would be Max fana, max charge, max vigor, rest into ???

Enough str for gear
Max Dex
Base Vit
Base Energy

I would probobly try to outbow most, and switch to exile/lac when im dodging and my arrows are flying at them. This would cause 1 shot to either amp/tap them. From there I would bow to a win easy. Also with max charge and Vigor, I would be able to take down some aggresive foes. I would plan to charge away w/ vigor when the enemy gets to close as well.

I think this sounds reasonable, but then again I thought about how effective holy freeze would be if i knockback them w/ the giant skull.

what should I do?
 

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Kodachi_ysaane said:
Hey, I am making a ranger on ladder USEast, and I need some help...
My setup that I am planning to use is:

-Widowmaker
-2x 25-30 max dmg jeweled Giant Skull
-4x 25-30 max dmg jeweled wire fleece
-Atmas
-Dracs
-Verd
-Shadow dancers/Gores
-2x ravenfrost
*on switch
-Eth Lac
-Exile

My skills would be Max fana, max charge, max vigor, rest into ???

Enough str for gear
Max Dex
Base Vit
Base Energy

I would probobly try to outbow most, and switch to exile/lac when im dodging and my arrows are flying at them. This would cause 1 shot to either amp/tap them. From there I would bow to a win easy. Also with max charge and Vigor, I would be able to take down some aggresive foes. I would plan to charge away w/ vigor when the enemy gets to close as well.

I think this sounds reasonable, but then again I thought about how effective holy freeze would be if i knockback them w/ the giant skull.

what should I do?
If their def is like 20k+ something, you probably won't be hitting them much unless they are moving. Additionally, the mods on your gear are for damage only and doesnt' maximize fastest shooting speed. While it's a nice idea, it's just not practical unless you put on angelic rings and ammy to boost AR and some % per level attack items which would also take away from your other skills. Your also better off with a zerker (range 3) for charge as LAC has a melee range of 1 and in my experience often does not connect.
 
Im using guided arrow, I wont need AR. Also, for whatever speed im lacking I will remove a jewel and slap a 15 ias/ed in it instead. What would be the preferable skill setup though?
 

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Kodachi_ysaane said:
Im using guided arrow, I wont need AR. Also, for whatever speed im lacking I will remove a jewel and slap a 15 ias/ed in it instead. What would be the preferable skill setup though?
Doh, kinda blind, missed out on the GA bit. I still say you should maximize your rate of fire.

This is from Raven's guide: http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=127372

WSM 0 bows (Long, Short Battle, Short War, Cedar, Short Siege, Rune, Shadow, Ward, Diamond)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

IAS---------------Frames/attack
00---------------------11
13---------------------10
34---------------------09 <=== you want this much ias

But if you think you are gonna be using your melee skills more, then that jewel will suffice.

Since ur maxing fanat, charge and vigor, I suggest you should use smite and holy shield too. Charge doesn't often connect as you only have 25% of the time chance of hitting if they are not moving and they maxed block at 75%. That's where smite will come in. One point in smite then rest in holy shield to boost your smite damage as well as you defense while charging. That said, fighting pure melee duelers will be tough. Better to sting like a bee and do not float like a butterfly but move around like a freaking mosquito.
 
so max Fana/vigor/holy shield/charge? Since I will be using mad amount of dex I will have 75% block even without holy shield, so all more lvls add is more defence. a higher smite has longer stun + more dmg compared to holy shield. also, even with lvl one holy shield + smite, I will still be able to smite my way thru anything b/c of lac.
 

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Kodachi_ysaane said:
so max Fana/vigor/holy shield/charge? Since I will be using mad amount of dex I will have 75% block even without holy shield, so all more lvls add is more defence. a higher smite has longer stun + more dmg compared to holy shield. also, even with lvl one holy shield + smite, I will still be able to smite my way thru anything b/c of lac.
Sounds like you are doing a PVM. Holy shield normally adds higher damage to smite than the smite skill itself but since your PVM, good point. I've done that in the past, just stun them to submission then casually pick them off one by one. In case you PVP, stun from smite does not work.
 
umm, anyone who has ever used assassins knows the stun works. the swirly duration means if the enemy takes any damage at all he goes into fhr animation. You don't need to be a sarcastic ******* in your answers, I had just got mixed up on HS/smite which one gave ED/DMG.
Once again, no need to be an *******.
 

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Kodachi_ysaane said:
umm, anyone who has ever used assassins knows the stun works. the swirly duration means if the enemy takes any damage at all he goes into fhr animation. You don't need to be a sarcastic ******* in your answers, I had just got mixed up on HS/smite which one gave ED/DMG.
Once again, no need to be an *******.
Dude, there was no sarcasm there. If you think I was then sorry, the stun doesn't work for me when I smite in Player vs Player and not vs monsters. As for assassins, I don't know. Please PM me next time.
 

amishamigo

Diabloii.Net Member
Have you thought about defiance? It won't add all that much passive defense, but I'd imagine every little bit helps, especially if you have nothing else to max. Another option would be holy shock and a synergy instead of charge. 3k lightning damage spammed at 9 frames per attack hurts pretty badly.
 
If you werent beeing sarcastic, than read more as I said this is PVP.
also on the elem note, I was thinking that but with holy freeze instead
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Kodachi_ysaane said:
If you werent beeing sarcastic, than read more as I said this is PVP.
also on the elem note, I was thinking that but with holy freeze instead
that is still no way to treat someone who is trying to help you

to create a thread asking for help and then lash out at those who attempt to supply it is not going to get you much help or friends
 
Top