Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp ranged chantress: widowmaker....

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by rogier, Apr 8, 2004.

1. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

pvp ranged chantress: widowmaker....

I have been playing a ranged/melee enchantress for quite some time, used passion+demon machine in duels, and it's great :thumbsup: .

but I have a question: since I play enchantressnonladder, I looked at the AS and saw this bow:
    widowmaker/mods
    +150-200% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Ignore Target's Defense
    33% Deadly Strike
    +3-5 To Guided Arrow (varies)
    Fires Magic Arrows [Level 11]

I got a +5/183%one on ladder, and I was having a few doubts..
    does GA need ar to hit?
    does magic arrow need ar to hit?
    does ITD work pvp?(I thought not, not sure tho)
    when I fire a guided arrow with this bow, is it a magical guided arrow?
    I'm used to using demon machine(the exploding part always hits :)) so I don't know that, never played amas either.

assuming that attacks using the guided arrow dont need ar to hit, I thought about this build:
    str: for equip
    dex:base
    vit/mana about 30/70. will use 20lifers and skillers with 20ish life+20stat anni

skills: max enchant fireastery warmth telekingesis, 5 energy shield and at least 1 shiver. after +skills it will be lvl 12 energy shield

I dont exactly know how to balance life n mana if I get a lvl 12 energy shield either to balance it in a way that I get hit and keep 200ish life and no mana(a hard hitter ).

equip: I was thinking of widowmaker, gladiators(?)or ormus(cham?), shaeled shako, sandstorms +3 fireskill/life amu magefist(frostburns?), arach and 2 sojs. I was thinking about gladiators because of the 30%FHR and canot be frozen, but the ormus gives me a 70%castrate for teleporting :).

this will probably be a char that is finished at lvl85.

would be nice if you guys knew a few answers on my 32174 questions :worship:

2. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

Sigh, Im Sorry But If You Want This To Work You Need To Use Demon Machine. The Explosion Applies The Dmg Twice, That Is The Only Way You Will Do Enough Damage To Kill. As For The Gear This Is Nice.

Shako-Fire Faceted, Or Crown Of Ages If You Need Ias Put The Jewels In It
    Demon Machine-Shaeld
    Chains Of Honor, Or 160/60 Armor
    Cats Eye Or Highlords Or Maras
    Ik Boots Gloves Belt Or
    Dracs
    Arach Belt
    Gore Riders
    For Rings Two Perf Ravens Frosts

Invt 10x Fire Skill Charms With Life + Anni
    9 Very High Psn Dmg Charms 200+...100s Will Do

Usually Prebuff Gear

Switch Weapons
    Wiz Or Heart Of THe Oak
    Ryme
    These Are For Tele

Tactics
    Tele Away Fire
    Tele Away Fire
    Tele Away Fire
    xxxxxx Was Slain By (Enter Your Name Here)
    (Enter Your Name Here) Was Slain By Person Who Uses Enigma

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

OT: Fable13, why are you always "sighing" as if something's putting a great burden upon you and also not always first capital letters in all your words would make your absolutly useful posts alot more readable :cheesy: ;)

4. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

unless I'm wrong here, demon machine always hits(the fire part), so I dont see why you should se 16060(bleh), or more than 1 cannoot be frozen item, and imo ormus+3 chant+angelic combo>>ravens+coh, energy kinda takes care of energy shield anyway.

I already know the tactics, am doing good vs boners. but the reason I thought about widowmaker is the guided of it. I thought the dmg dispayed in charscreen isnt correct (let's say in charscreen it says 19-22k dmg it's much lower, and fire mastery has n influence on that).

especially zons tend to overpower me with guided, so I though about a 5-6k guided arrow with the mobility of a sorc^^. sure 20k with demon machine is impressive, but it has to hit^^(that is opponents dont walk straight into arrows)

5. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

rogier:

1) GA does not need AR.
    2) MA needs AR.
    3) ITD does not work in PvP.

Why don't you use fireball in PvP? If you want to use a bow, then discard that caster mentality---i.e. remove the sojs. You won't have much success if you don't know anything about zons. Just try one first.

Back to the topic, gear choosing depends on two key issues: IAS and FHR.

For attack speed, 65%IAS will give you 11 FPA, 102% for 10 FPA and 174% for 9 FPA. I would say 10 FPA is a good compromise between speed and gear selection. That can be achieved by 15 from weapon, 10 from gloves, 20 from cat's eye and 60 from 4-ias-jewel armor.

For faster hit recovery, 60%FHR will give you 8 frame recovery, 86% for 7 frames and 142% for 6 frames. Again 86%FHR would be optimal here. This can be done with Bladebuckle (30%), Bloodfist (30%). The rest 26% can come from fire skill/12%FHR gcs and mana/5%FHR scs. If you are super rich, you can shoot for 142% with all the fire/12%FHR gcs.

With all these in mind the ideal setup would be:
    15%IAS Widowmaker (2nd mod on jewel depends on how rich you are)
    Jeweler's Tiara of the whale socketed with 3 5%/5% fire facets
    Jeweler's Dusk Shroud of the whale socketed with 4 15%IAS jewels (ed/ias or resist/ias could be better)
    Waterwalk
    Bloodfist
    Bladebuckle
    Raven Frost
    Ring with 90+ mana, big resist/dex/str
    Inventory with 10 fire gcs with enough FHR and then life/FRW
    Mana scs with life/FRW/FHR

With all the items on, you will have about 77 str for dusk shroud, 146 dex for widowmaker, base energy since you have enough per level-up and from ring and charms, rest in to vit.

6. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I realized I made a mistake here: you don't need all those fire charms!

You will need all the skill items (shako, ormus, mara, fire charms) to enchant yourself in town (known as pre-buffing). And then you can replace them with the gears I suggested. As for the charms, you can go with resist/mana as prefixes and life/FRW/FHR as suffixes.

7. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Which part(s) of that were sarcastic? :teeth:

8. holabuster

holabuster IncGamers Member

I also was planning to make a widowmaker pvp enchantress. The setup listed already seems pretty sweet. Good luck with yours!