Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Questions

Discussion in 'Classic' started by pwn, May 28, 2005.

1. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

PvP Questions

I havent duelled in this version yet so my questions my seem a bit obvious.

Is it hard for a ice orb sorc to dodge a fireball sorc? i mean, cant you simple walk in a circle and the fireballs would miss you?

Same goes for necro and his bone spear and spirit. Cant you just walk or even teleport by him and evade them?

Do barbs still max out primary weapon mastery and ww?
    Is life leech still as important in BvB? for instance back when i played few years ago, my bo level was 14, so i could have more points for shout (+defense). But a bit lower life didnt matter because i would leech it back when i got hits out. And the extra defense would help you avoid being hit.

Is there a problem for amazon to take on necro? Cant she stay out of range and just use guided arrow? or can he still hit her with BS?

Do barbs use battle cry (-dmg -defense) in pvp? specifically hardcore.

When i would get bone-walled by a necro i usually leap attack and kill him.. is this still feasible?

anything else new and useful i should know about in the pvp world?

some matchups you can opinion on who would win:

ice sorc vs fire sorc
    ice sorc vs necro
    ics sorc vs paladin
    ice sorc vs amazon

necro vs paladin
    necro vs amazon
    necro vs barb

barb vs paladin
    barb vs amazon (she can use cleglaws and run?)
    barb vs any sorc

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

1. not if the tele on top of you and hits you point blank range. Very deadly especially if that sorc has high fcr
    2. necros use other skills to stop/slow you down such as bone prison and decripify
    3. depends on what kind of barb you are building. life leech is nerfed in pvp duels though.
    4. bowzons aren't the best in classic. A well built necro can definitely beat a well built bowzon easily imo.
    5. no barbs dont really use battle cry unless its a singer barb
    6. you could try to do that but leap is a very slow skill and the necro and easily run away
    7. most pvp chars you would see in classic are sorcs, necros, fohers, and hammerdins

3. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

1. that fire sorc would be eating an ice orb for breakfast before he should manage to land a teleport on another ice sorcerer.

3.so is using something like angelic rings + amulet for a major ar bonus better then have a pair of life leech rings and a ll amulet?

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

1. depends on how fast your reaction is because sorcs have horrible fhr.

2. yes, angelics are better in duels than LL rings and amys

5. Immortality

Immortality Banned

some matchups you can opinion on who would win:

ice sorc vs fire sorc Ice Sorc
    ice sorc vs necro Tough matchup... I gotta say well built necros
    ice sorc vs paladin Ice Sorc
    ice sorc vs amazon Ice Sorc

necro vs paladin Well built necro would win
    necro vs amazon Necros
    necro vs barb hmmm pretty evenly matched usually if not a high lvl difference, necros would win

barb vs paladin Paladins
    barb vs amazon (she can use cleglaws and run?) Due to the fact that zons cant really dish out any damage. This would be a really prolonged duel and speeders would still win.
    barb vs any sorc Barbs Fire and Blizz sorcs would usually win due to the fact that they dish out massive amounts of damage.

If Fire sorcs can get a hit on a Ice sorc and have follow up shots then the fire sorc would probably win. But most svs sorcs are orbers. Experinced orbers would win againist Fire sorcs.

6. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

any character > any type of sorc if you have 95 resist stacked to that element.

7. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Yeah, a levle 5x fire sorc thought my nec was cheating because i used bone spirit, and her fireball, although it was supposed to "kill me in 2 fireballz", did less than 100 dmg.