Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP questions and unwritten rules...

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Flux, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

PVP questions and unwritten rules...

Hey all.

http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Pvp

I just put up a PvP page in the wiki, and since I've not played on the realms for a couple of years, I'd appreciate some advice/correction/insight on it. Comment on anything at all, but specifically I need some insight into the unwritten rules of pvp. Which items are currently not allowed for bugginess/cheesiness, which are the most popular level limits for low level dueling, what other equipment is not considered fair or ethical, what sort of rules are there about potion consumption or shrine use, how solo fights are arranged vs. FFA mob battles, are any builds in the current patch so overpowered or underpowered they're no fun/useless in pvp, etc.

Historical info would also be welcome; which items/builds were bugged/uber in past patches (I remember when slows target stuff was ridiculous), answers to the above questions for past patches, interesting trivia, etc.

I'd also put in some sort of a basic best/worst builds list on the page, but it's a wiki, not a strategy guide, so those would need to be short and the product of general consensus, not just someone's "sorcs rule, necros suck!" assertion.

Thanks for assistance.

2. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

Re: PVP questions and unwritten rules...

sorc rule, necro suck.
    sorry :p here's my few inputs
    1) spells with duration effect in pvp - i am sure fissure is bugged to do dmg even cast, then declaring pvp. easy town kill method
    2) blue potions only in softcore, although sorc using ES are not allowed to use one for being too bm if they do
    3) too defensive plays are not exactly bm but very frowned upon
    4) aura glitching is vailable, and is a cheap tactic
    5) u can sumon bear repeatedly in town. again very cheap tactic
    6) HF are frowned on matches versus some chars (i.e. zon)
    7) over sorbings are always frowned upon, unless going vs hacking/modding users
    8) right now, hammerdins are overpowered imo. they can sorb, fast, and deal massive unresistyable dmg with huge hp.
    imo, shifters are one of most underpowered thanks to lack of tele (as well as uber fast casting zons). certain pvm only builds are useless too in pvp (i.e. frostmaiden)
    9) i will mention one item for uberness - buriza
    10) top builds - bvs, windy, hammer, smiter, boners, wwsin variants for top builds. all cahr can be good, but these cookiecuter builds are a lot more powerful compared to other builds.

3. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

A low level duelers equipment can actually be quite more rare and different while most hld have pretty much the same equipment. With LLD getting more popular, the value of rare items under 30 are rising to the point where it may actually be worth more than a high level duel rare item.

In a public game, winning = badmanner.

Blizzard actually continues to be on screen and is seen quite abit in public games.

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

beat me to it.
    hence the reason tppk still works.

5. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Flux, what you may want to correct is that rather than dispelling, the animation simply turns invisible while the effect and the actual spell resumes to do its thing during its duration. This only matters for some spells like..

I believe blizzard? and fissure. There may be others but I don't remember

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

Okay, thanks. I corrected on fissure and blizzard, and added a bit about dueling rules and fairplay = fun for all. It's fun to pretend!