Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP/PvM/MFing build, need suggestions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by motormaniac5, Mar 23, 2004.

1. motormaniac5

motormaniac5 IncGamers Member

PvP/PvM/MFing build, need suggestions

Hi guys, as the title suggests, i am wanting to make an all around character that can do practically everything, not the best, but decently with switches in gear setup. This character needs to be able to make it to NM meph at least, further would be better, but i will be using this guy in Select's dueling games, so doesn't need to complete hell persay. I am open to ANY characters. they just need to be able to PvP and get to NM meph on their own. The Ability to MF would help this character find good equip for him/herself, but it isn't as important. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BTW, why does diabloii.net's compendium only have 3 PvP guides for 1.10? that is total crap! if the build you guys suggest goes well, i might decide to do some research and write a guide on the build i make for the people who want to be able to do multiple things with their characters.

One more thing, please no VERY gear dependent build suggestions, i just do not have the resources to make a character that needs the best gear to survive. thanks again!!

--------------------------------

2. Milamber

Milamber Banned

If your not into gear dependants, and want an all-round character...I would suggest either a Barb, Sorc or a Necro.

Barb for the simple reason, all you need is a BIG sword which you can make yourself with the chipped method...have some great skills like shout and BO. The only point here is that you may not kill quicly enough.

Sorc as you only really need your skills and your equipment boosts these. If you're after a NM Meph/Hell Meph runner then a Sorc is probably best. Metoer/Orb sorc is a good choice, along with a Cold sorc...you will struggle early on. Orb especially will own normal and nightmare easily on itself. You will also have one of the best MF skills in the game - teleport

Necro not very gear dependant, but I am not too sure about the MF'ing or PvP or the killing speed as I am only new to playing Necro in 1.1

3. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Necro Good MF and PvM character, check out Nightfish's Skellymancer guide for a good MFer and a very fun and rather easy PvM necro, but no clue how this would do in a PvP setting.

Sorc Sorcs are very versatile, often easy to level up and definatly great MFers and PvM characters, and they can probably easily be made into a PvP character

Assasin Very good in PvM and PvP, but i dont know about MF, because they can be pretty item dependant

4. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Alien not having much history in 1.1 I would think Sins are no good for MF...between item dependancy and the 'harder' settings of the patch it'd probably be a hell of a lot harder to fit in survivabilty and magic finding in. I may be wrong though...

5. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

the best "all around" char i can think of for MF, PvP and PvM would have to be an avenger palladin. with the right kind of gear, you can have 75% blockin, 95% res all, 50% PDR, reduce your opponents resist and defense by 125%, and deal out massive amounts of damage. this build is certainly viable through hell and, quite frankly, is lots of fun to play. skills would be:
    20 vengeance
    20 conviction
    10 in each resist aura
    10 holy shield
    as many as you can spare into charge (very handy for PvP)

skill points would be: strength = 156 (enough for stormshield; 133 with a hel rune)
    dex = enough for max blocking with your level of holy shield after + skills equip
    vit = all the rest
    energy = none

this guy could be a total tank while still dishing out the damage. guess that's about all there is to say. :D

6. motormaniac5

thanks for your suggestions, i like the idea of barbarian with a big @#$ sword, but is that really viable in PvP? sorcs work quite well in pvp i believe, however, the level 33 one i have (wearing absolutely nothing, just used -act5 so i could make a comprable dueler with which to duel select's level ~18 asn... asn won lol!!! i did get a couple of kills though... just had to get select to accidentally run into my meteor blast.

Also, i forgot to mention this in my original post, but what is this forums view on the -act5 command line edit, is it considered cheating here? frowned upon? indifferent? even encouraged? =) i doubt it is the last one, but i had to add it to make the statment complete.

7. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

if you use the -act5 command with a char, you should be upfront with whoever you are about to duel or trade with. some people might choose not to play with you if you've used it on that char. of course, you are welcome to do as you please on your comp. i guess i would say that in general it is "frowned upon."

8. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

@Milamber
    Yea, thats what i was thinking, sins can wear MF equipment, but I'm sure that they would have a LOT harder time surviving, because the Assasin is a pretty fragile character without some nice armor, resists, PDR, etc etc (maybe life leech could make up for it, but that'd still be hard...)

Unless, of course, one plays some sort of ranged sin, like a Trapasin or some other Blade skill sin, but I have NO clue on those, as all i have done with a sin is just a simple C/C assasin.

9. motormaniac5

Well, thanks for your input guys, it has really helped, i am looking for one that is alittle more strategic based than the just charge in and hope you get the first hit... *cough* zealot *cough* =) which is why i am going to go for either sorc or trapper, i will have to make that choice on my own though, and i know where i can find great guides for either, thanks for your help everyone.

10. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Well in terms of the Trapper sin, you may want to ask around the Assasin forum, I really don't know if that build would cut it in MF, because sins in general tend to be pretty fragile. IMO, the safer and probably better option here is the Sorc, but its all personal preference. If you're looking for a more challenging option go for the sin, if not, a sorc is a fun and powerful character.

Results may Vary, some assembly required. :teeth:

11. Milamber

Milamber Banned

I don’t think it’s fair to say that a zealot is a charge in character. Paladins have to use tactics as they are great all round characters, and do not have the huge vitality of say Were-Druids or Barbarians.

Of all the classes, the Barb I would say is the most click, click, click of all…then again, I may be wrong.

I will admit, when I started in 1.09 I only ever played Paladins, and then I used a barb…but I never had as much fun as when I started up my Soser! You should have a lot of fun.

If you like a sorc then maybe the following could be good for you:

Fire Skills:

20 Fireball

20 Meteor

20 Fire Mastery

Lightning Skills

1 Teleport

1 Static Field

Cold Skills

20 Frozen Orb

10 Cold Mastery

Put the remaining skill points into Fire Bolt.

12. Milamber

Milamber Banned

I've never played a Sin, so I don't really know much, but a Trapsin could work for what he is after...

13. motormaniac5

:lol: What are you talking about its not fair for me to say that? my zealot DOES just charge in and fight, i literally just hold the button and wait for either my kill or my needing to run away. so in that sense it is a "charge-in" character.

I am sorry if i am making fun of your favorite character or something, i am just not a fan of self-aiming classes. :cheesy:

14. motormaniac5

even though i disagree with your views on the zealot, i agree with your views on the sorc, and i will make a similar build to what you have listed, but i am not going to go FO, going to go something alittle harder to aim, blizzard or glacier spike if they can get enough damage W/O synergies.

15. Milamber

Milamber Banned

motor i don't actually care that you think a Pally is a charge in character...we all have different opinions :)

In regards to the Sorc...IMO Orb is THE best cold skill, and if you are going to go Blizzard, then you may as well make a cold sorc so the skill can get more damage.

16. Milamber

Milamber Banned

what exactly is this?