Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP PosionZon Is this Gonna Work?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Cold493, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

PvP PosionZon Is this Gonna Work?

Ok I'll just give a quick breakdown of what I'm planning:
    Skills:
    20 Posion Javelin
    20 Plague Javelin
    20 Lightning Fury
    1 point in Magic Arrow
    1 in each of the Passives except the critical strike tree
    Rest into Valkery for lack of a better place to put them

Equip:
    Shako
    Bramble
    Titans
    SS
    Waterwalk
    Trangs Gloves
    Arachnid
    Soj/BK
    Maras

Buriza on Switch to finish em off with magic arrow

I also plan to have an annihulus and 8 posion and javelin skill GCs. This would give me +10 all skills, +10 posion and Javelin. I end up doing 54k posion dmg over 18.6 seconds, without the boosts by Trangs, Bramble and Posion Facets. I expect to hit around +75% posion dmg with 2 5/5 posion facets. I forget how much posion dmg this ends up being but its up near 90k I think. I wanted to build this becuase I thought it would be a somewhat unique build. I'm just looking for comments and stuff since I dont really have much experience with Amazons and think this would work really good but I'm not sure. Thanks alot.

2. LeGardien

LeGardien IncGamers Member

It's a start, but it could use a lot of improvements.

The skills you have chosen deal huge amounts of damage; the damage you can get from maxed PoJ/PlJ plus gear is often more than necessary. However, if you plan on focusing on purely javelin skills (with one point in magic arrow), you will have a tough time killing anyone who doesn't use the Paperweight method (which is the label I give to namelocking, putting a "paperweight" on the mouse button, and hoping for the best :p).

What this means is that most melee characters will be easy kills, and ranged characters controlled by players who know how to duel will be near impossible kills.

I don't see the value of dumping your remaining points in Valk - one is usually enough for me with skill gear, and its hideously long casting delay makes it useless in a duel.

What I would advise is to swap the Bramble for an Enigma - you'd be using the Enigma for the large r/w boost and +skills it gives. Instead of Trang's gloves, use Lancer's gloves of Alacrity (+3 jav, 20 ias) or rare gloves that are almost as good. Also, where's your Cannot Be Frozen? Any character that runs or attacks NEEDS it.

As for skills, you would probably find it beneficial to have a maxed or near-maxed guided arrow and a WF or Cruel mat bow of +max damage on switch instead of a Burrito, as an attack that is faster by a few frames can make the difference between a comfortable duel and a dangerous duel.
    For D/A/E, I'd recommend 1/5/5 base, as you probably won't try to tank a BoTD barb standing still, and a better chance of dodging projectiles will come in handy against BS/hammers/GA/etc.

I've had a reasonable amount of experience with PvP Immozons, PvP Plagueazons, and now, PvP Immoplagueazons :p If you have any more questions on strategies, etc., don't hesitate to ask.

3. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

Wow thanks, that gives me a lot to think about. Whats a ImmoPlagueazon? Immolation arrow I'm guessing and the plague. I can't afford an enigma, and I will be trading my Hoto for Bramble. The suggestions you make take away alot of my +posion dmg items, why would I want to do this? The other question I have is why is it beneficial to max guided arrow, besides the extra damage since theoritically I should only need to do 1 dmg to the person after I catch them with plague spear.

4. Snbzon

Snbzon IncGamers Member

Posionzon

here's my suggestion fill ur bag up with 40 *100psdcs or *200+ dmg pdscs they really work well and i think that if ur goin pvp there's no point usin plague because people can tele / run so stick to bow and GA people him/her to death or use lightning fury/bolt

P.S use a gaze.... and add a ias jewel in it

5. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

Plagueazons work just fine in pvp. Two main point sof your setup that I have trouble with: 1. definitely go with enigma. the skills are gravy, but the run/walk bonus is very important, as you will be running around alot while your poison drains the enemy. 2. forget valk; it's completely useless in pvp. instead pump your passives as much as you can; they will save you. Also, you don't need a buriza to finish them off. Plague does that for you.

This build is really, really fun to play.

Mith

P.S. My favorite tactic when dueling melee players is to run into the house that sometimes is on the moor in act 1 and defend it with a constant plague cloud. Another great one is to run around a tree in circles with a bad guy chasing you and then plague jav the tree. He gets caught in the cloud.

6. LeGardien

Yes, it's an odd mix balancing the two skills :p

The reason I recommend maxing GA is so that you'll have at least a second means of inflicting damage should plague prove ineffective; it won't be so easy to hit experienced duelists with plague. For example, if you're fighting a plain old bowazon who is playing defensively, plague alone won't cut it, because that means getting within a screen of something that pumps out 5k damage arrows at 8 or 9 frames per attack (=fast). Having GA and/or MS will put you on more even terms and give you more options.

Generally, I have found that it is better to have a bigger arsenal than a bigger gun, since if you focus on one ability, your opponent can easily focus on countering that one ability (in this case by playing defensively or wearing posion resist/PLR items). If, however, you have several skills at your disposal, it is more difficult to counter your character's offensive capabilities.

My old plagueazon had a gear setup similiar to what you're suggesting and did about 24k plague damage, which is more than enough for pubbies and for most private duels. That damage was without any facets or Bramble; I think the only real place where it would become significant is if your opponent has high PR/PLR. If you play the character correctly, all your opponents' resistances will do is lengthen the duel.

7. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

Ok from what I've read heres what I'm gonna do: Pump GA before Valk, I'm still sticking with Bramble, Enigma is just too expensive for me to get I'm even questioning whether I'll be able to get bramble. For the person who suggested going with GA and a Gaze, the point of thisis to not do that. I don't care if this isn't an uber dueler I want a good unique one. I'm gonna probably end up replacing my BK with Ravenfrost most of the time in duels. I'm gonna stick with a setup to max posion dmg just becuase I wanna see how it works out. I'll be close to 100k dmg. Thanks for all the input. Now I gotta wait till I get back to school to try and put this together in my small amount of spare time.

8. LeGardien

You'll be better off with Harlequin than Gaze; this isn't 1.09. For PvP, Gaze is now not much more useful than a plain socketed hat with two or three bers in it.

Good luck on your build.

9. eon

eon IncGamers Member

ive made one

ineffective in pvp, becuase of the cooldown
    damage is "ok"
    its good against average palaldins and barbarians

10. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

guys, the term for a zon like this should be "Poizon". End of Story.

C-Beat