PvP Poisonmancer Note: Facets

Beatboxer

PvP Poisonmancer Note: Facets

I was testing single player the other night with a model nova mancer wearing max facets. A strange thing happened. It seems no matter how musch your opponent stacks resistance, the facets allow some damage to get through.

Pali had
400+ stacked Resistances
95% displayed
75% poison length reduction.

Necro had
Faceted Web
Faceted Trangs wing
4 facet armor
3 facet helm
9 facets total -45% poison resist

With a 6k nova the pali took 100 damage with the above in play.
The more facets I took off the less damage was done, until finally, with no facets, I did next to nothin'.

I do not quite understand what was going on yet but ya...I thought I make mention of it. It could be a Single player thing that was never patched. Maybe not though.

Sigus

Diabloii.Net Member
You dont know what was going on?

Well it seems obvious.

Facets give upto +5% posion dam -5% enemy res. With loads your dam went up and his res went down... am I missing something here? :scratch:

Beatboxer

Yes you are Sigus. The pall had 400+ resistance to poison. Lower resist could not add more damage, and neither could death's and Trang's wing, only the factes worked....

I found that strange. I only tested it once but ya...It was new to me.

Sigus

Diabloii.Net Member
I would have said the lower res of copident poison macer is around -60% and with the facets thats another -45%. A total of -105% or there about if the facets aint perfect.

Yes he still has another 300% res to poison, so lets ignor the fact that you have any -res at all.

But lets not ingor the +45% dam (or there abouts) with the +25% from tangs. Now I know the max res isnt 100% so it possible the +dam was helping you. He has 95% res all... but still the bonus to dam has got to be doing it. :scratch: