Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Poisonmancer Equip Idea

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by JanusJones, May 12, 2005.

1. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

PvP Poisonmancer Equip Idea

Hey all - been playing a poisonmancer for a while now, and just had a brainstorm about equip. I am currently wielding the standard D-Web 3 Piece Trang's combo, but my switch has Hoto and a Homonculous for summoning. An idea:

Wield the Hoto in the main hand with the 3 piece Trang's. Since the Hoto covers a lot of resists, this frees you to put a P-facet (5/5 Die, preferably) in the Trang's shield - and in the Shako as well (or your sexy +2 skills, +resist all rare neccy circlet, if you're so lucky). Why no D-Web you ask?

Simple: Raven charges on the Hoto!

Combined with faster cast from Hoto, you should be able to keep tele-ing and poisoning without end while your 5 raven pets take care of your foe's pesky final HP. Now, the concern would be, of course, that your -resist wouldn't be high enough without Death's Web. I don't know, though - what do people think?

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I don't know enough about how easily avoided ravens are but I do know that your poison damage will take a huge hit against any player with maxed resists. You'll be losing -65-75 resists. If their poison res is maxed you'll be doing 35-25% of your original damage.

Why Hoto rather than Arm of King Leoric BTW? I'm just wondering because this seems like the third build I've seen mentioned that prebuffs skellies with Hoto. At ten Pgems or a Ko AoKLs are a lot more affordable than Hoto.

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Hmmm, the ravens sound like a good idea, but you could just use a deaths web with a HoJ on switch and get pretty much the same effect.

MDR owns HFire though, but Damage Reduced by X would have the same effect with the ravens.

4. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Why not just use your base level Teeth? With all the +skills you should easily be able to hit them...

5. sad

sad IncGamers Member

I have used the ravens from hoto on my poisonmancer to great affect. Normally my fire golem dies halfway through the fight and if i ressummon him to blast them, then why not use teeth or another nova? Once i started using ravens, I only needed to go near them on thier way back to town since even if they didnt get hurt the ravens seemed to stun them or slow them down some other way so I could use another nova.

6. Necrochild313

Yes but is that worth the sacrifice of death's web? It'd sounds great for sorcs and low resist duelers but to take on high res barbs/pallys you're gonna need that unearthed wand for a 1-2 nova KO.

7. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

I do hate to give up Death's Web, it's true. I like the idea of Hand of Justice on switch tho - a nice way to ensure you have the aura up for that final hit!

8. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Why all the trouble when u can just use a fire golem?

9. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

why bother clean poison nova kills as well
    just wait till they have 1 life left after poison and then tele up and do 1 nova and see them die

with barbs youll have to tele again as even a dead ww can still kill you

10. Necrochild313

When dueling a skilled sorc/trapper that's not a good choice.