Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Penalty on stun length and grizzly bear damage

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Calizzar, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

PvP Penalty on stun length and grizzly bear damage

What is the PvP penalty on stun length in hell? (shockwave, gb volc)

And how bout the PvP penalty for damage. For players it's 1/6 of all damage sources. What about summons like the druid's grizzly bear?

2. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Characters cannot be stunned, so to speak. You may see stars, but they don't affect your attack rating (it should, it's cool). As for mercenaries and minions, I think you'd have to test it thoroughly. Fully synergized, Stun gets +100% from Warcry and starts at 1.2 seconds - gaining .2 every level until 15 (4.0), where it gains .1 from then on. I think SLvl54 is the highest attainable, and 15.8 would be the absolute limit, so just get someone to disarm their merc and test it out.

As for Grizzly, it's still affected by the PvP penalty, no exception, AFAIK.

3. MeGs

MeGs IncGamers Member

Like what he type stun don't me nothin execpt or merks

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Stun (i.e. swirlies above the head) just means that you go into hit recovery on any hit, not just when you lose 1/12 of your total life.

I don't know if there's a PvP penalty to stun length, I never do PvP :tongue:

5. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

Ok. What about damage to a bone prison. Will my opponent only do 1/6 of his damage to my bone prison?

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

double dip

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

It doesn't matter what you hit, it's always 1/6 (actually 17%, but 1/6 is close enough).

The damage done by minions used to only suffer a 1/2 penalty back in 1.09, but maybe that's changed (however I don't think it has).

8. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

So, stunning an opponent has lower odds than stunning a super unique, but - once done - any stunned opponent will have a 100% chance of successful attacks triggering hit recovery? Interesting. Does this include non-physical attacks or just anything that could ordinarily cause hit recovery if otherwise successful (Fireball, Inferno, Arctic Blast, but not Poison Nova)?

It's be interesting with Arctic Blast and Inferno, since they normally can't do enough damage to trigger hit recovery, unless they're like poison damage. Stun with Frostwind and open wounds... ew.