PvP Newcomer

DCAFarkas

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Newcomer

Hi guys, I'm looking into going into PvP (USEast Softcore Ladder), only problem is I'm no where near as rich as people who have been playing for months, I can't really afford any high runewords right now, so I was wondering, what's a good PvP build for a poor newcomer. Thanks.

soc

Banned
you do know that you will be constantly owned, and people will laugh at your gear in every game

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
If you can't afford an Enigma, you should probably go with a sorc. Most of their gear is relatively inexpensive to start with, the toughest thing to get probably being skill grand charms. However, you can get by with practically no runewords. CtA being the main big one you'd want to add eventually.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
as a hammerdin user... id suggest hammerdin :p
even a foher. cheap gear would be like

this is a budget foher setup:

heavens light weapon
shako
viper magi
hoz (prolly most expensive of your gear)
t gods or arach sash if u can afford
x2 sojs
tearhuch boots (or nice rares you can find with frw and heavy resist)
+2 pal ammy or low maras.

for hammerdin. same thing but trade in heavens light for a wiz spike.

Bigrob

Banned
basically, if u want to be good, u will need some wealth to play pvp....

The "MOST" inexpensive build is either zealot or summoner....

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:

Wtf are u smoking? Zealot inexpensive? Well maybe if max/ar/lifes, good grief/ebotdz, exile vortex, ber ber COA arent expensive items for u then maybe :lol:

Summoner absolutely MUST have an enigma to function in pvp although u can get by with tele charges :lol: , Id still say that sorc = best cost effective pvper, hell even a full tals blizz sorc can do pretty well in pubs :D

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:

I'd echo ICE's statement. Are you insane?

Zealots are some of the most expensive builds around and with relatively little power in return for that high cost in comparison to alot of other builds. Specifically casters.

Summoners absolutely must have Enigma and the original poster mentioned that he can't afford any high level runewords. To be a competitive summoner, a Beast weapon is practically also a prerequisite.