Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Necro question about hybrids.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TerrorClown, Jun 25, 2005.

1. TerrorClown

TerrorClown IncGamers Member

PvP Necro question about hybrids.

Is it true that a poison nova / bone spririt necro stronger is then a pure bone necro or poison necro?
    I,m just stared to play again (lost my d2 cd) :mad: and i,m thinking to make a necro for pvp

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

IMO they seem to be better than a pure poison necro, even though it's simply a poison necro with a point into spirit/maxed bonewall, however it's a bit harder to play with than a pure bone necro, since theirs no skill you can spam defensively, and ideally you want deaths web, which means less fcr. If you can get used to it however you can kill many players with two hits (one from poison nova one from fire golem aura, teeth, or spirit), and others who intentionally stack resistance can still be chipped away with decent -res in gear. The bone necro doesn't have to worry about stacked resistance (no bone resistance), but the venomancer usually doesn't either, because it's rather rare in pubby games.

You should read the poison/bone hybrid guide by hks47 in the sticky if you haven't already.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Pure bonemancers are one of the more feared builds in PvP and require less extreme gear to be competitive since they can stunlock people if they have fast enough FCR. I've got some nice gear for my poisonmancer but he still rots at PvP. I think you really have to cram poison facets into every possible location and fill out those PNB GCs.

4. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

Errm

Untrue.

A poison/bone hybrid is a ferocious jerk in PvP.
    I have a lvl 90 hybrid that does over 6k poison, and around 1500 bone spirit. But keep in mind this character is totally gear dependant. Must utilize marrow bug and have enigma. Other-wise youll never catch anyone off guard. Full inventory of PnB charms is the real diamond in the mine, thus boosting your skill max damage points to their fullest. The only classes I have real trouble with are paladins... ugh I loath them. I don't want to turn this post into a rant. But, it is very possible to build a @$$ kicking poison/bone hybrid PvP necro. Choose your gear carefully. And practice teleporting nera them, decrepify nova, spam Bonespirits (b/c they track) or spears, and blammo dead people. 8)

~Hyp~

5. hks489

hks489 IncGamers Member

A bonus to being a psn/bone is that it keeps melee away from you since they cannot survive the nova. Being a poison necro = 100% anti-melee