Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Necro Guide

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Foxy, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Foxy

Foxy IncGamers Member

PvP Necro Guide

PvP Necro Guide

Skills
    20 Teeth(Main Skill)
    20 Bone Spear(Main Skill)
    20 Bone Spirit(Main Skill)
    20 Bone Prison(Synergy)
    1 Bone Armor(Pre-Req+Skill)
    1 Bone Wall(Pre-Req+Synergy)
    1 Corpse Explosion(Pre-Req)
    1 Clay Golem(Slows People)
    1 Amplify Damage(Team Duels)

Stats
    Str:None
    Dex:None
    Vit:All
    Ene:None

Gear
    Helm:Shako, Rare Necro Circlet, 08 Valk
    Armor:Enigma
    Weapon:Heart Of The Oak
    Shield:Spirit Monarch
    Belt:Arachnid Mesh
    Boots:Eth Sandstrom Treks
    Gloves:Magefists
    Rings:2X Soj
    Amulet:Mara's Keleidescope
    Switch:Call To Arms, Lidless
    Inventory:N Torch, Annihulus, 9x PnB Gcs

This is just a basic guide for people who dont know how to make a necro :D

2. MegaTherion

MegaTherion IncGamers Member

As a PvP necro, you don´t use Iron Maiden?

You have many skills left (for ex at lvl 99 you have 110 skills) Nothing in Golem mastery? Your Clay golem will be very easy to kill - not enough mana?

3. Foxy

Foxy IncGamers Member

well mana is never a problem, you can always use pots and bone skills really dont take alot of mana, and tele is pretty much your main skill and that takes about barely any mana with gear, and as for skills left, put the rest in bone wall or 1 in revive and pre reqs to revive

4. brualness

brualness Banned

there is 2 prob with it if u going to u a spirit u need to put a bit of str in to put it on and y Lidless nif u got the str to us spirit would it not be better using cta and spirt????

5. garion

garion IncGamers Member

how is the fcr on this guy? i thought i kept seeing that 125 is needed to stay competative with the sorcs...

6. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

FCR is the most important aspect of a PVP bone nec. Better to loose some damage and gain the next breakpoint. 125% is what every PVP boner should aim for. You are exactly right.

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

That's not a guide, that's a bunch of words.

Anyone could do the same or even better. For example, you lack explanations for items.

Also, you lack DR% and blocking, so you will be destroyed by BvCs unless you abuse walls, which you most likely will not with your lvl 1 walls.

8. garion

garion IncGamers Member

mmm...good point..i guess its a work in progress? or a very basic guide....

9. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

this is your second guide that you have posted where all you have done is post the best gear and say nothing at all about strategy. Your gear setup for this necro is also really bad. You do not hit the 125 breakpoint, you have no block/horrible pdr. Unless you want to lose a majority of your dules to melee chars, then you need the block and pdr. A necro only gains 2 life for vit point. You also said magefist over trangs gloves and youre using curses so.... y not trangs. You say you can just mana pot so you dont need the regen, and you can use bks for the life instead of sojs. I suggest reading other guides before you attempt to make your own.

10. SoAmazing

SoAmazing IncGamers Member

But sadly this build requires ists. Lots of 'em :rolleyes:

11. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

My ideal setup if this helps anyone (expensive build side of the bone necro):

Max block/43-50% PDR depending on what you put in SS (eld, ber, etc.),86% FHR,125% FCR

Items:
    Whizzy (huge stacking resists, 50% FCR) enough said. The most overlooked item for a bone necro. Ba Ba Ba with the damage issue.
    Bloodfists (40 life/30% FHR) if you can use these by getting a 15%+ FCR ammy I recommend bloodfists. If not Trangs.
    Arachnid +1 skills/20% FCR
    2 10% FCR rings with good stats (life/mana/str/dex/resists but resists are not necessary but nice to have) the better you find the less you will need in str/dex.
    Rare tri resist boots with 10% FHR.
    SS socketed with Eld, Ber or Jah. A Cham for windy's will also help.
    Enigma (enough said).
    2/20/other useful mod helm with Str/dex & resists. If you can not find a good one with +str or +dex with good resists go with a +3/20 and one or 2 sockets (shael helm)
    ammy = +2/15% FCR crafted ammy with any other mods you can get. Most non duped ones have poor remaining stats LOL.

With this setup you will have good stacked resists (depending on your other added resists on gear). If you want huge damage and can spare the block I.E. Necro vs Necro sub in a spirit shield and white wand. You will still be at the 125% FCR and do close to 6k spear damage over the 4400 or so with whizzy.

Charms: Anni, Torch, 9 P&B skill/life Grand Charms, 4 FHR/resist small charms and then you have the option of mana/life small charms or resist/life small charms.

Your damage will be in the 4400 range with whizzy (plenty for pub duels)
    you will cast at 125%
    You will have 43-50% PDR
    You will retain an 86% FHR

Your life can reach 2500 - 2900 maybe even 3000 with godly life rings, etc. and swap a 3/20/2 OS helm in with 2 shaels. I can push mine to the 3000 range but loose some resists to lightning, etc. from my circlet so for me the extra 200 life is not worth it.

This build listed above uses no dupe gear (boots, ammy, etc.)

Skills, 1 into clay golem, max teeth, spear, spirit, bone wall & bone prison + Pre-req.

Build is done at lvl 92. I recommend going to at least lvl 93 and putting 1 in amplify damage for team duels. lvl 96 put one in decrep if you want to finish off the build with curses.

I did this fast & may have missed something but this should just about do the rich mans setup.

Oh, and the stacking gear for specific duels.
    10 small charms with 11% cold resists/life-FHR etc., lightning depending on needs.
    4 socketed topaz shield (Foh'r)\4 socketed saphire shield Cold Sorcy)
    4 socketed LO sheild for light sorcy's if you meet the -light req they may have stacked etc. etc.
    And for god sakes have Hotspurs for 200% FB sorcy's "You will need them" Hard Duel.

12. garion

garion IncGamers Member

the guide has improved =)....nice options on different gear....some of it will be tough to get in the right numbers (charms..etc...)

13. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

I never thought about wizzy/bloodfists before, seems good, great actually...

14. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Oh! and socket that whizzy with a 15% Resist jewel. 15% resist/7% FHR is ideal. Forgot to post this above next to wizzy for the added FHR and resists.

And even though this is a rich mans build (very rich) at least the bloodfists is a poor mans item (LOL).

15. garion

garion IncGamers Member

ditto on the wizzy...i guess i just see it as a PvM tool normally =)

16. shag

shag IncGamers Member

what about a poor man's set-up? i can afford wizardspike and bloodfist, skin of the vipermagi, lidless wall and those range of items. any suggestions?

17. garion

garion IncGamers Member

well a poor man's setup isn't going to cut it in PvP...im sure most of the PvPers will tell you that..all those guys are heavily geared towards surviving and/or dealing out massive dmg...

and poormans gear won't get you by

18. SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor IncGamers Member

You will not be a very competitive dueler without Enigma, besides that, the rest of the gear can be pretty cheap.

Hitting the 125 FCR breakpoint is key, you will need Wizspike and Trangs gloves, 2 FCR rings and a caster belt + spirit that add up to 35 FCR. As for the rest of the gear, Shako, +3 PnB ammy and some rare boots with res.

19. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Where the hell did the bvc statement come from?

20. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

There are no general poor mans setup for a PVP boner. Without enigma you are dead against virtually all other classses who now teleport. The above items I listed are based on trying to get the max out of life/vita with 125% FCR/86% FHR/43-50% PDR/Stacked Resists whithout having to resort to the general duped gear (boots, ammy's, etc.). You can vary some of the items I posted slightly with no major problems except for the uber life idea I have built my boner after. I am sure someone may have different opinions on how a PVP boner should be built but all in all several factors play a major role:

1. You need enigma. Ladder or not they are not that hard to get anymore, nor are the runes.
    2. You will need 125% FCR. The faster you cast the quicker you kill. Just make sure your damage is around or over 4300 - 4400. That is plenty of damage against all chr's and casting this at 125% FCR is far superior then casting 6000 damage at 75% let alone the tele speed factor. And like me if you face a bone necro like yourself just switch out whizzy and SS for white wand and spirit shield and you now have 6k damage (no need to worry about resists) while still retaining your 125% FCR.
    3. There is a huge difference in the way you can block/tank vs melee with SS over a homo. Forget the homo. The +skills, etc. do not even come close to how good the SS works with your BA and PDR. You are a tank and can now take a WW hit where with homo one hit from a godly grief/beast BVC, etc. will usually mean death. Your BA goes down and without the help of PDR it is all over. The necro is face down on the ground. BUT with SS, that nice old SS, the story is now completely different and that barb better watch out.

4. 86% FHR is important. Get that BP and you will be set in the FHR area.

I always think about non teleing chr's in PVP this way. If I was running and could not tele god would I hate Fissure since I would be dead every time in a heartbeat. Tele is a must in overall PVP all around dueling now that enigma is out.

Good luck on your build and for god sake if you can only get a few items in the hard to get area get an enigma and try to get a 2/20% FCR circlet then build from there.

The list of gear I posted is just IMO and the way I built my max block boner. I am of the very old school of all vita so I always tweek and push to the limit the best ways to get the most vita while still being viable in PVP vs both casters and melee (resists, etc.) Many others may have other ideas as to the ideal gear setup so always post in the forums and see what members have to say regarding their opinions.

Good luck and just have fun with your PVP necro. Gear or not the idea is just to have fun:thumbsup: