Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Moor Challenge! Class Battle FFA!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Liquid_Evil, Oct 23, 2006.

?

What have you played

1. Played D1 only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Played D2 only

16.7%
  3. Played D1 and D2

82.6%
  4. None, but am looking foward to playing D3

0.8%
  1. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

PvP Moor Challenge! Class Battle FFA!

Laaaadies and gentlemen. Again, we are revisiting the Moor, this time in an attempt to single out the best dueling class.

What's going on?
    All seven classes are represented by some of SP's finest duelers. They will each enter the Moor and only one will walk away victorious, with the other six not fit to lick the dirt from his boots.

The full Moor will be used because of the large number of players. Players can use previously built characters or new ones can be made to combat the new threat of a large FFA-style brawl.

Who's involved?
    Seven skilled duelists each representing a specific class.

AMAZON- N/A (The first person to claim this spot gets it by default)
    ASSASSIN- kabal
    BARBARIAN- XDoomasX
    DRUID- Liquid Evil
    NECROMANCER- sablast
    PALADIN- Denton
    SORCERESS- Zhao_Yue Challenged by Sint Nikolaas

8th Slot Filled by Thyiad, our gracious host and neutral cameraman.

Other players can join in this event and challenge a player on the list. Say "Biff" enjoys barbs and would like to represent that class in this Moor Challenge, he would then challenge XDoomasX for the rights to battle as his preferred class. They meet up, and duel each other with their respective barb characters (as long as its a barb, it can battle, that means he could pit his Warcry barb against Doomas' WW'er) The challenged player gets to choose the host. If "Biff" beats Doomas, he gets that slot and can't be challenged by Doomas but he can by other players. "Biff" must then use that character (his singer) to fight in the Moor Challenge (not just swap it out for a BvA now that he is done with Doomas). Technically, even a beaten Doomas could still end up representing barbs...Biff wins, someone else challenges Biff and wins, Doomas can challenge that new person. If the seeded players don't make arrangements to duel the challenger within a week of the posted challenge, they will forfeit their seat. (If you aren't known to the community I reserve the right to ignore your challenges to players)

All challenges must be completed by November 5th and no more can be issued after that date. The players on the list on November 5th will play in the final FFA.

How do you win?
    Each player signifies readiness in a cleared Blood Moor. A battle proceeds. Each character kill is recorded and one point is awarded for each. First player to accumulate 30 points, wins. One point for each kill and one point for each round win. The last man standing is the round winner. The points are simple. They are based on the "xxx was slain by xxx" As soon as a a player has won the round and is the last one standing, the match is over and points will stop being awarded until the start of the next match. All players get to heal and get ready for the next bout.

What are the rules?
    We fight in Hell. Standard BM rules apply.
    No potions, mercs, wells, or shrines.
    No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armor.
    No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
    No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, or Bone Prison.
    No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25).
    No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast is acceptable.
    No overabsorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak.

Thyiad is scheduled to host (and with any luck, FRAPS the entire event from each duelers perspective).

When's this going down?
    Saturday, November 18, High noon -7:00 GMT.
    (if this date doesn't work with the players, I will consider December 2nd, let me know ASAP)

If you don't show up, you don't play and your class will not be represented. That means if you're the Pally guy and you sleep in, you screw over all Paladins, everywhere. Kittens will cry. Show up, on time, or else.

What's at stake?
    The winner gets to choose avatars for the 6 losers (AND Thyiad! jk). They wear them for one week. And as always, egos are on the line. Also, I encourage non-combatants to get involved and rally behind your favorite character classes and post with some friendly trash talk. Treat this like a RL sporting event and feel free to bet on the outcome. You like sorceresses? Well, that's your home team, cheer on Zhao. You despise Assassins and all who play them? Well take it out on kabal. Don't be scared to get involved. Put on that Druid facepaint and follow me to certain victory!!!111

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Sweet :thumbsup:

My vote goes for teh Sorceress although I fear she (or he, the player) has an impossible task ahead.

3. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i hope that sorc is killed first. and Zao zuzu too.
    nothing would beat the necromancer

4. Denton

Denton IncGamers Member

Mwhaha. Interesting. This will most likely involve some hunting and avoiding of certain classes, as some classes will have inevitable advantage vs. others. Not to speak of possible temporary pacts. o O

5. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

what if two or more players on top has same number of points, what is valued more, kills or round wins? And what if they are tied in all aspects? That can happen if the last round will be played untill the last man standing. Or the round is over as soon as somebody reaches 30.

6. Shodokan

Shodokan IncGamers Member

which patch version is this on?

are there any gear requirements/limitations?

does the char ahve to be lvled from scratch?

i need more details

and because i'm new i can't challenge people? thats kinda retarded.

7. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Barbarians - If given the right weapon (for high damage) and planned the right skills to use..

8. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

The current one

9. Shodokan

Ok... AWESOME... give me a day to think of a character build to challenge everyone with.

10. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

The point is, the SPF is a Community. We know and trust each other. We like to make sure that if you are new, you know what rules we have and that you follow them. Making comments like that doesn't earn trust or respect.

The You-Tube video I linked to in the other thread is now working. Finally. :rolleyes: I'll find somewhere better than You Tube. The quality is appalling. It looks like a TV picture on my copy on the hard drive. A friend is checking the version on my website. Download it if you like but it's 31mb.

Any chance of getting seven people to join me later for a little while, so I can try and Fraps in a full game, please?

Edit: Can I suggest if anyone is making new characters for this, if you put the word out you could all get rushed?

11. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

So... little... time... but... can't... resist... urge. I Challenge You N/A!!!

Seriously though. I have exams the 27th and 28th, but if I can get an Amazon going by the 5th and nothing else gets in my way, I'm in.

12. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

I can help with that.

13. Liquid_Evil

You didn't read my original post. If you would have, all your questions would have been answered. You're going hammer out a build to challenge everyone with? That doesn't make sense with the rules as they are, you'd need to create a character to challenge *one* specific person. But regardless, I don't know you, no one I know knows you, and you're new here as of today. So I guess I'm gonna be "kinda retarded" and have you sit this one out until we know you better.

@ Kefir- You challenged N/A? You fool, you're in a world of trouble now. I've never seen that guy lose. All seriousness aside, you should hammer out that character!

@ Thyiad- Do you have MSN? That would make contacting you and setting up a 7 person test FRAPS game a lot easier. If not, what time were you thinking, I could probably help as well.

@ sablast- Hmmm....How about first one to 30 wins period. If you and I are both at 29 and then you get 1 kill that round (the first one) and I get all the following (5), you would win because you reached 30 first. Does that make sense? Hopefully it won't be a problem as I should reach 30 long before anyone else comes close to double digits.

14. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I believe my MSN is in my profile. It's on now. cotoneaster810 (at) hotmail (dotty) com

The Vdub file is 32mb (and looking at google/youtube/my hardrive it looks like youtubes compression the quality issue). I am looking at hosting on my own server. Windows Media Maker makes a smaller file but with poorer quality. I have solved the chopping the last few seconds off problem. Slider bar. :embarassed:

15. Shodokan

I am new here yes but i don't see a reason you should ban me from challenging other people. All items i use are legit and possible in the game. And no.. i was not asking if i could challenge everyone with 1 character. That is what the "moor" is for. I was asking about gear restrictions because i did not know if we were allowed to use any item possible in the game or not.

And i know the basic GM rules about sorb and stuff, so that was not what i ment. I guess i should have been more specific, sorry for the confusion.

But honestly, if i am playing legitly there is no reason to make it so i can't compete.

With that being said, i'd like to challenge the druid for the druid spot.

You have to host because i cannot due to router issues.

Also, i was thinking of a similar thing but using strictly GM melee characters. Think anyone would be interested?

16. Liquid_Evil

Excuse me? I don't know you well enough to vouge that you do indeed play legitly. You can scream it all you want but the others and I just don't trust you yet. That takes time. Also, I don't negotiate when I am running the challenge, what I say goes, and I did indeed say that you'll hafta sit this one out until we know you better. You being belligerent and childish about this whole issue doesn't say much for your character and again, makes it harder for us to trust you. Now, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you can't be in this one. Hopefully that was clear enough this time around. See the multiplayer game thread & pvp thread and join those games to start building a multiplayer reputation.

17. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

How's this for a winner:

If more then one player reaches 30 or more points in a certain game then the first thing that should be looked at is the ammount of points. Meaning, if two people are on 29 and #1 reaches 30 by pretty much kami'ing himself taking someone with him, while the other cleans out the rest of the room taking 4 points then it's 33-30 favouring #2.
    Now if people end up with the same ammount of points over on on 30 (say three people have 29 and all of them get a kill in the next game but someone else clean out the left overs), then they should duke it out amongst them. So in this case it's a 1v1v1. No gear changes, just pick up your body, re-enter the moor and go kill. No points awarded, last man standing wins no matter if it's a 1v1 or a 1v1v1v1.

On to my sorc.. I'm making somewhat nice headway, it's a shame I can't MP or something because people will know my build :grin:

Which brings me to the next point. If you duel for a slot (like me and zhao will do) the players will see eachothers build before the tournament. They pretty much have to keep quiet to keep others out of the loop. IMO... that is... :smiley:

18. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

I thought builds should be known to everyone

19. Shodokan

Yea... i discussed things with other people... forget my challenge.

20. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Given the class restrictions, you can pretty much determine what everyone is using.