Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP mind blast assassin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by eon, Mar 2, 2004.

1. eon

eon IncGamers Member

PvP mind blast assassin?

i was thinking of an asn build that will stun the enemy forever and kill them with mind blast.
    just wondering if mind blast has the ability to lock the enemy forever.. meaning the enemy cannot escape
    i thought this could probably be achieved with 174%fcr, the 9th frame

could be achieved by
    asn circlet 20%
    amulet 14%
    wizspike 50%
    trangs glove 20%
    belt 20%
    vipermagi 30%
    2 cast ring 20%
    vs. casters, drop the 2 rings for a lidless
    =174% fcr

1 point in WoF could stun the enemy well, or should i max wof? thought it could be absorbed easily

was thinking of using the unique ward bow using venom and tons of shadow gc and pdscs

2. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

This would be a really funny build. I"m not sure you'd want to use Venom with its super quick timer

3. Hyey

Hyey IncGamers Member

that build makes me forever cringe, i hated Mind blast when they had moderate FCR, but forever.. ack lol

4. themadhatter-

themadhatter- IncGamers Member

I have actually tested this build out on open battle net using the beta chars this site provided. i dueld against some of my friends with it and it sure pissed them off severly. Max mb, fade, trap of choice, and whatever suits your fancy. A point in df is also recommended as the kb on mb can push them too far off the screen :D enjoy

5. eon

eon IncGamers Member

lol, i just thought of something better

20% rare circlet socketed with ber
    Doom weapon
    12% amulet
    engima
    20% lidless with eld
    20% spiderweb belt
    20% magefist
    10% ring, soj

teleport in front of enemy, the holy freeze will slow them down.. then just keep mind blasting at 10frames hehe
    decided to max wake of fire and synergies, mind blast, then rest in fade

not sure if enemy can absorb the fire..
    also not sure what charms to use.. trap or shadow? trap enhances trap damage but then my mindblast damage would be low..
    just need to know whether my asn can rely on mindblast alone

6. ThyForbidden

ThyForbidden IncGamers Member

2 days after LOD came out i had a level 74 MB assassin with max fast cast(75% at the time) and everything in vit, 2 soj gave me the mana i needed..
    I was unbeatable.

But now people have much more life, PVP damage is different.. and back then MB had a 7 screen range(up to the black wall), now its like 2 screens so when name locking it pushes them away.

Now mind blast is a secoundary skill, you use it with traps to stun people because it CANNOT kill anymore and the range is to short.

7. Ragnarok-

Ragnarok- IncGamers Member

ThyForbidden, that's not true, put a point into dragon flight and hotkey it so that when they're about to fly off screen, DF them and then switch back to MB then keep doing this. At some point or another they'll hit a wall or something and boom you win. It's completely possible.

8. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

With 50% pdr, it might take a while to kill a char. using just MB. You can really piss them off though. That might be worth it right there :lol:

P.S. With a high enough fast hit recovery, they might be able to wriggle free.

P.P.S. You'll need a sh*t-load of mana, too.

9. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

ok, if you have enough mana, then you can cast it indefinately. at lvl 40, according to a certain skill calc, MB does 256-266 dmg. not too much, but with 9.2 sec stun duration. your better off using traps with this like WoF to kill faster. WoF can hit 1k dmg with maxed synergies and aroun +20 skills. but that wouldnt be a mb kill, it'd be a trapper. and for that, i would use absorb to keep dmg managable anyway and duel accordingly. as for MB, they enemy will probably be looking to get in the first hit, as if you do, then w/o a class with fast fhr, they'll just use a skill to get close to you and kill you. also if ur casting that fast, ur mana will drain so fast that you'll need to chug pots w/o enough mana regen.

10. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

:evil: mb should have synergies MUUUUAAAAAHHHHAAAHHHHH :evil:

11. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Agreed. It should receive synergies from Psychic hammer. And the stupid convert should be optional somehow.

12. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

lol.... I've made this char I had high fcr can't remeber I'll get back to you once I check I TOTALLY OWN but I don't kill with mb I use a a2 might merc with eth bonehew w/ 2 ohms it's fun to watch people ***** about how your a *** who can't win without merc or mb I like to tell them they can't win without a weapon and they shut up

13. eon

eon IncGamers Member

lol
    im planning to use a A1 rogue merc with windforce, ed armor, and blackthorns... to enhance the slowing

also gonna need shadowmaster to dish some damage

14. C_Narcissus

C_Narcissus IncGamers Member

Personally I think the best MB use is when some guy is flapping about how great he is, then duels you and it comes down really close and then your OW brings him to 1 HP yet he still feels like he has to belittle you despite the 15 levels between you. (Where the MB comes in) So as he's out there typing all that out you respawn in town then as he walks back in you give him a shot of level 1 MB and reverse-NK his pompous ***. I hate loud engima hammerdins...