Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP Martial Sin possible?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by soulesschild, Jan 29, 2004.

1. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

PVP Martial Sin possible?

what do you guys think I should use for a Pure PvP Martial Sin?

20 TS
    20 CM

is all i can think of right now, any suggestions on build/gear/stats?

dual claw? claw/shield? should i go kicker?

2. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

neither are verry viable..
    if you want to be serious in pvp, you wont win much with a kicker, and without the CM bug and all the new 1-2 hit kill attacks TS wont do much either.

best sin build is WW sin. theyre also very fun to play.

3. soulesschild

yea sure if i want to be lame ill make a WW sin, ive seen kickers/dual claw do ok in duels

4. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

..theres nothing lame about a WW sin, and kickers dont do 'ok' in duels, they lose to anyone who knows what theyre doing.

I didnt say anything about c/c, and I dont appreciate you being a rude *******.

5. Svale

Svale IncGamers Member

Don´t make kickers any worse than they are. Sure there are some characters they are good against and some they are not.

Have had a lot of fun with taking out casters with my kicker :D

But if you only want the über KILL'EM ALL duelling character, I wouldn't suggest a kicker.

Don´t think that your sugesstion is that good though, first you have to charge up 3 times and then hit again. Think it would take too long.

Dual claws is nice though, it is allways nice to block a few elemental attacks :D

6. soul-eater

soul-eater IncGamers Member

i dont c any mention of df(dragon flight) it s a must 2 get near range characters safe and quickly also from what i have heard it does some nice dam now maxed but this is what ive heard i cant prove or disprove it also how about venom nice skill adds damage and u can still uses ur bos or fade and 2 be perfectly honest in pvp psn dam is the only constant now as others fire ,light ,cold are all old hat and most duelers now stack res against these but i havent seen some1 stack against psn.I have been told that open wounds now does lota dam these are just some ideas some people say psn ect is cheap but hey its there uses it .If ur going against like a smite pal with def aura,cold aura.bo and various other non pal skils(just an example) why shouldnt u use wat u got 2 your advantage.

everybody has different ideas it up to u to take bit of advice from whoever and make a good assassin, well good luck maybe ill see u in a duel

7. soulesschild

if i wanted to be like everyone else i would make a stupid WW asn. their lame because everyone stacks OW with them, IMO i think their unbalanced a bit and i didnt mean to offend you so dont get all pantsy on me crazy, i dont find it necessary to use language

im not looking for a build that will dominate in all duels, but someone whos just fun to play with

8. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

kicksins are good duellers, not the best but still viable. And they're very fun!!

Hybrids are also viable...put 1 point in DFlight though.

ww sins are boring...if one wants too whirl: make a barb!

9. Stealth77

Stealth77 IncGamers Member

find me 1 char that dominates all other chars no matter what....cuz it dont exist, thats the point of BALANCING, ehich is what they did to 1.10. if 1 char could outdo all others, then it hasnt been balanced. kickers r good against the element attackers mostly, pallys take out most melee, but wwsins can do pretty well against them. in the end, theres ALWAYS gonna be a weakness to all chars, so it dont matter, thats the point of making more than 1 char.

try this.... a cold sorc with maxed cold gear on, all cold faceted, 10 cold skill charms with a cold mastery of 44 giving all duelers -235 to their cold resists. then add to that, 1441 orb dmg.....how many chars u think can handle that? ive seen my friends max resist pally with 2 ravens on, and a botd zerker die in 1 hit from that...in normal....

10. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Off topic a bit while I reply to this...
    Cold Mast got nerfed since it now works as a raw percentage, not based off of one's totall stacked res. So it's very possible to negate any sorc possible, pallies do it best, as do wind druids, but other chars "can" use anti sorc gear as well.

Figure a pally with guardian angel, 2 ravens, and stacked res to kingdom come. Not hard with a Um herald of zak (or 4 thul monarch for 140%), maras, anihilus, imp shank, um shako, (depending on the pally, casters with wizspike with 15% res all jewel), ect.. ect.. They can stack 200-300 res easily, if they wish they can also use the cold res aura or salvation for an added 100-150 cold res. What it comes to is 90% cold res on a 1,441 orb turns into 1/6th = 240, then add the 90% res = 24 damager per shard, the 2 ravens turn that into absorb. So your freinds pally wasn't built too well if he was haveing trouble with a cold sorc on normal even!

I just get tired of people wineing "ban sorcs they are unbalanced" ect.. ect.. when they don't realise absorb + res totally negates em. Not saying you where complaining, just showing that every class has a weakness.

Anywho, back on topic.

As for melle sins, they are viable indeed. Kickers are "decent". But if you want true power go for dual claw, no if's and's or but's. Kicks are rather weak in the damage department so they have to rely on things like crushing blow/deadly strike/open wounds to deal there damage. And there are several great kicksin weapons like that new dagger with 50% OW, 50% deadly, knockback and some other nice mods to boot. Unfortunatly its a dagger so you can't use weapon block with it. And in my eyes, sins in 1.1 shouldn't be built without weapon block, even trappers. And there are not that many great claws for kicksins since your looking for modifiers, not damage.

Dual claw sin's are geat. Dragon Claw is a good attack, but it needs to be used in tandem with Mindblast/Shadow Master/Traps. Don't use charge ups since useing pure DC will result in more damage in the long run, and with chances to miss/block, you will have your fully charged attacks blocked or missed many times makeing for pathetic damage. MA sins take alot of skill vs good classes, and even though your not a trapper, you want wake of fire for the stun. If you get someone to run into some WoF traps with MB then you can DC away and they die instantly.

The other choice is to ditch useing DC or any MA sin skill completly and rely solely on whirl wind, this works too and can free up points to dump on bladesheild or some other skill you may want.

If your on west, msg *hellboundmidget
    He has the best MA sin on west, he can show you how powerfull MA sins are for those naysayers, he also has several MA sin guides on different forums.

11. DEAD

DEAD IncGamers Member

Hey demonic its DoD^^, just a lil heads up Deadly strike has been tested with kicks and was found to not work =/ oh well i got my kicker build planned now all i need to do is save up to make her =D, btw whats your account now? my new one is D6E6A6D

12. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

my WW sin has 35% OW.

basically, what youre saying is that OW is unbalanced so you cant make a WW sin, because they are one in the same, right?

what made you think that WW sins dominate in any duels??? high def chars = WW sin has NO CHANCE of winning. WW sins are good vs casters, like kick sins. just better. they are in no way unbalanced, barbs WW is much better than sins WW, they also have much more life and zerk.

if you want overpowered why dont you talk about bone necs and bliz sorcs? they dont even dominate in all duels, so I dont see how you got the idea into your head that WW sins do.

13. soulesschild

ever seen sins using 100% OW wounds then just watch your life drain away unstoppable? and i just dont like boring WW sins are, if i want WW ill get a barb, you can negate blizz sorcs, bone necros are quite hard if their lame ones, i myself only use spear and teeth and bone wall and i have already made a nice WW sin but shes boring

14. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

"ever seen ANY MELEE CHARACTER using 100% OW"
    I still dont see what that has to do with WW sins, just because other people use 100% doesnt mean you would have to.

and from this post its quite clear that youre one of the clan honor people, who have decided that WW sin are BM. so yeah, make a kicker.

15. soulesschild

ive only seen WW sins with massive OW, i just find it stupid in general that blizzard made items such like this.

16. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Kickers are very viable. I've been planning and modifying my build for a couple of months.

My hybrid kicker/trapper now has:
    2.1K kick damage
    2.3K life
    lvl 30 talon for 6 kicks
    20K AR
    Max res in hell (85 light res)
    Maxed WoF and both synergies

Vs. pure melee I have a lacerator for 33% amp (it always goes off) and OW. The OW also always ends up casting on a 6-kick sequence. I have max res even with the lacerator.
    Vs. casters I have a wiz spike for faster cast MB. Even with the spike, I can handle most melee, aside from the very best.

I can win most of the time (not always) against all melee but BotD users, and then it's pretty even. This is on the ladder.

17. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Necromancer ^_^

No competitors yet ^_^

Blizzard sorcs are awesome one hit ko but most havent been able to touch me. I bet a good one can kill me but its all even with most chars. Either ur even or ur a little better necros hae a huge edge over everone.

18. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

yeah, I hate it when necros cast bone spells on it and it instantaneously drains my life by a huge amount and its unstoppable.

19. soul-eater

soul-eater IncGamers Member

i understand u find ww assassins borin uv tryed it and think that but because i suggested psn doesn mean u need to use ww even skills in blades get a great boost from it.I also wasnt suggesting u go all ow just wat id heard.

Also u sound like me a well mannerd play who doesnt nk,gloat ect and like a fun friendly duel but u gota face facts 99 % public duels r filled with people who think its good 2 nk and because they like lota people have got the best gear there words not mine and are all set on wining no matter what it take ur gona find maybe 1 game in 20 were u meet good duelers who r there for fun like i do,i dont wana be mean and put down ur idea but fun builds dont seem viable in duels any more u will end up getting ur *** handed 2 u on a plate,i to have thought of fun builds but point is most others dont they go for power or unblockable moves i would die so easy then 2 be constantly nk by some 10 yr old who thinks they cant be beat isnt my idea of fun,,

i hope u can find a good game 2 duel if u go with ur idea and perhaps ill c u around and we can duel some,