Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP mana ? "How Much"

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Gotcha, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

PVP mana ? "How Much"

After reading so many posts, etc. I have a simple question I was hoping many could give me feedback to.

How much mana (total) is a good number for general PVP? I mean in general since I keep reading all these posts of max damage using whites, etc. and getting resists. How much mana are the average good PVP necro's needing in a good all around duel?

Thanks for all your responses

2. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

Well just remember there is always mana pots...don't be afraid to chug a few every now and then

3. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Answer is none.

Because you get mana from your equipment and when you level up also.

Shako,soj,Homo,Hoto, and enigma all make it easy to increase(and get back mana) for you. Of course, The toughest part is leveling to that level to use equipment(example being a PvP Bonemancer from Soulesschild's guide)

The toughest part for me, was waiting to 65 for enigma.

HoSv1

4. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

LOL, Ok everyone you are missing my post ?

I am not asking how many points to put in energy. I know this is ).

I am talking PVP.

How much mana is a good number for general dueling. 1000, 800, 600. I mean what is the amount most of you top duelers are using for each duel.

It is BM to chug pots (LOL) and I do not want to hear any more answers on that line hehe.

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I have almost 700 on mine...though I'm sure other's might have more.

HoSv1

6. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

It all depends on your playing style. If you rely on tele alot, then obviously more mana is required. If you dont rely on tele so much, then you probably can do with less.

Also spear and teeth are not really mana intensive, but it becomes a problem if you like to spam bs everywhere. The trick with bs is not to spam it everywhere and hope that it would hit, but rather to anticipate your opponents movements and intercept him with spirits.

As for me personally, 1000ish mana seems to be enough for me. 9 times out of 10 i still have half of my mana orb unused. Of course, that number may be higher or lower depending on your playing style, which i can't comment on.

If getting more mana may be a problem, then consider getting mana regen on your gear. A couple pskulls here and there with mage and homunculus might be a more feasible alternative for you than more mana.

PS yes mana pots are bm as well as incredibly noobish.

7. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

so true

Palli, amen.

I have zero points in Energy and still have over 1000 mana points. :thanks:
    But honestly with my old build I had like 650 mana points, conmpensating with Regeneration, Energy Regeneration and Life Regeneration aren't to be underestimated. If you start a duel off badly, (or get cheesed when entering blood moor) you can play defensively while yer regen kicks in. A Homonculus with an eth rune, or a Pskull in your shako, can make all the difference when yer spamming spear or spirit. I wish there were mana regeneration jewels... :drool:
    But what it really comes down to is your playing style. There are some stellar tricks to saving mana and "Hitting" your target almost every time with spirit.
    the "sniper method" maybe some1 can teach you how to do it.

HyP.