Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP MA ima try!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by derekdoo, Mar 17, 2005.

1. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

PVP MA ima try!

back before the patch, what did people use, tiger strike with flight and tail? i guess charging up is a biggie but if i hit will they feel it? like one hit k.o's n such. i assume it wont work since people have been telling me MA assy's are dead in pvp, ill still try and figure something out, always wanted to make one in .9, they were one of the best classes with the appropiate gear, now, MA are laughed at =[. so wats to do

2. turmania

turmania Diabloii.Net Member

the problem that rose with 1.10 is that duels take not long much especially a melee duel. you really have to kill in short time. tiger strike if fully synergized is a great power, but you will never really have enough time to land three hits so you can use dragon tail as a finishing move... back in the old days, 1.09 days; you could have done this but then you used dragon claw not dragon tail.

reasons: there were not good any high damage boots available in that patch.
    and dragon claw had a bug where it gave you a critical strike whenever you hit as well as it was un interruptable attack. which made it godly. but with 1.10 they fixed those problems consequently nerfed the dragon claw...

there are 2 good MA skills to use on 1.10... first one is a D.Talon and the other is D.flight. these are backed up with either traps or venom or both.

3. Lunatic

Lunatic Diabloii.Net Member

You have no idea what you're talking about right?

1) Tiger strike has no synergies at all

2) Dtail was never (and I do mean never) used for pvp in either 1.09 or 1.1. Reason? It can be resisted 2 times. First on the physical part , and then on the phys->fire conversion.

3) In 1.09 boots didn't have any kick dmg at all. So there were no good or bad kicker boots. Kickers aren't all that great for pvp to begin with in 1.09. The only kicker that was nice , was a Dtailer , and that was for pvm (yes Dtailers did exist in 1.09 aswell , I made a titan kicker there once).

4) It's not dragon claw that had the critical strike bug , that's claw mastery. And the fact that DC was uninteruptable wasn't a bug at all. They just removed it in 1.1. FoF , CoT and BoI were uninteruptable aswell. Even for claw / shield (this was a bug though).

5) Dtalon is a good kick both for pvm and pvp , but Dflight is toned down bigtime. In 1.09 if you had a namelock , you could Dflight someone 3 screens away. Now it's not even 1 screen and Dflight doesn't work anymore. If a person is on the edge of the screen , Dflight won't work already. I wouldn't really call that a good skill then.

4. turmania

turmania Diabloii.Net Member

1) i ment fully charged not synergized, i wrote the word erong but if you had followed to the finish of my sentence you would have understood what i was trying to say.
    2) in 1.09, most used finishing dragon skill was dragon claw...

3) yes they nerfed dragon flight as you can not anymore name lock and d.flight to an opponent but that was a bug... it shouldn t have worked that way anyway so its fixed. but they did bump up its ar and dmg ...

4) there 2 good dragon attacks now d.talon and flight. good thing about them is that you don t need a charge up move to make them work..

i rest my case. some ppl should learn to be tolerant and patient before jumping up the wagon and accusing.

5. Lunatic

Lunatic Diabloii.Net Member

1) nothing really to say anymore.:D

2) the most used finisher was a normal attack in 1.09. Since most people went C/S instead of C/C.

3) Get some proof it's a bug then. Because everything that's different in 1.1 in comparison to 1.09 can be called bug fixing. Dflight was buggy , but in other ways. South running bug comes in mind . although that's not direcly linked towards Dflight , but any attack really. And the overlapping bug , but again , it's not just directed to Dflight

4) I do agree that Dtalon is a really nice kick now , but Dflight just isn't. You should be able to DF at least anything that's on your screen. Which isn't possible. Try DF'ing someone who's on the edge of your screen. It doesn't work. If it did work , then DF would be alot more usefull then it is now. It's not useless , but it could be alot more usefull.