PvP Lite Sorc

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Lite Sorc

Hi all,

I'm looking to build a pvp lite sorc. I haven't built one before and I want a little help assessing my options.

My build at lvl 90 will look like this:

Max Telekinesis
Max Lightning
Max Chain Lightning
Max Mastery
1pt ES
1pt Thunderstorm
1pt Warmth
15 Charged Bolt
Rest in pre-req's

The gear I'm planning to use is:

Shako - socket with facet/um/ber/sur?
Viper magi - socket with facet/um/ber/sur?
Mara's or Tals ammy
Dual spirits
Frostie's
Treks
Spider
Dual Soj's
Torch/anni
9 gc's - 1 with 12fhr
10 life/mana sc's
Switch cta/spirit

I play west ladder so btal's bmana are not available to me, and I don't really like using dupes anyway.

With the above, I hit 117 fcr and 142 fhr breakpoints and do 30k with lightning.

I'm a bit undecided on what to do with my Energy/Vit stat's. Should i put 100ish to vit, then rest to energy (after points to strength to equip gear)?

Should i skip es altogether and max my damage out on a vita build?

Could I settle for the 86fhr bp and just use hoto?

Are maxed resist's important if I use es?

If I use es, how much life/mana should I be aiming for?

Thx :smiley:

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd try to get a griffon's if you can afford it. Perfect helm for light sorcs IMO. On west doesn't eveyone use fletch amy's and wizzard gloves? (yes I know they're all dupes, but you'll be at a big disadvantage not using them) From everything I've seen PvP is all about who has the better equipment.

Not a whole lot else I can add, sorry I don't PvP.

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
Wizzy's are on west, but I thought fletch was a east only craft that had been duped.

I have a griff's and it was in my original plan, but I don't need the fcr, the added dmg only adds to my mastery which results in a very small increase in actual damage. The -res would be good though.

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
We don't have fletches on east. Unless it's a NL thing. Oh well. The -resistance on griffs is what makes them so valuable. You're right about them just adding a few points to mastery though. I'd use Griffons instead of shako, then sub in CoH instead of Viper Magi. I know viper comes with MDR and an open slot, but I'd think the skill and res on CoH would be better.

*disclaimer - this is mostly PvM advice and theory-crafting about PvP. I have no real exp there.

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
I considered switching viper/shako for coh/griff's, but that would leave me at 115 fcr. I could switch out the spirit for a hoto (for the extra fcr), but then I lose a chunk of fhr.

rata

Diabloii.Net Member
if ur pvp'ing i suggest u carry an infinity, drop the frosties for magefists, take the mara's over tal ammy, rare boots with with resists. that'll take care of any wizpike, tgods or wisp holders.

Not using dupes dosn't give you a huge disadvantge... and if it does.... BM AND NK TILL THEY LEAVE! Then the dupe will poof and they'll cry... but you won't have to worry about them coming back for their wizzy anymore!

Also, I know how the +% works... but it'll still add alot considering that you should have gcs/+skills.

Not sure how much damage you would do while still maxing telek.
Wait, just saw you said 30k. So use the griff... should boost it up a little more.

With perf spirits, griff, and arach, and a good ammy with +skills/res/fcr you can hit your bp, and keep all the benefeits you want... WITHOUT Vmagi. This means you can use coh! Or if you'r really crazy, a 20/20 lite facet pak'd armour. Same principle as griffs though... But it SHOULD increase it by a couple of k's.

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
One of my main queries is how high do I need my resists if I go the es route? my es will take about 82% of the damage, so do I need high resists or not?

I like the idea of that -20/20 armor, especially if I made it in a jewellers with life.

WhiteAlien

Banned
One of my main queries is how high do I need my resists if I go the es route? my es will take about 82% of the damage, so do I need high resists or not?

I like the idea of that -20/20 armor, especially if I made it in a jewellers with life.
For serious builds resists are important. -res is more important than huge dmg.
My gear choices:
Griffon is a must, looks much better than that peace of leather on head
CoH instead of Vipers, +20str (will need to carry Spirit), +2sk, resist 8%dr
Weapon choice - primary is HotO, more resist, fcr, +3sk life rep etc. Secondary is Crescent moon war sword, eth for style pts. The only good of it is -35% light resist, believe me that it plays a lot especially vs Palas and Barbs.
The rest of gear stays the same.

Stat points: str enough for spirit, dex non, vit none, NRG the rest.

With this setup you should have 1-1.3k life and 3.4-4k mana with bo. All depends how good are your charms :cool:

Whitealien

For serious builds resists are important. -res is more important than huge dmg.
My gear choices:
Griffon is a must, looks much better than that peace of leather on head
CoH instead of Vipers, +20str (will need to carry Spirit), +2sk, resist 8%dr
Weapon choice - primary is HotO, more resist, fcr, +3sk life rep etc. Secondary is Crescent moon war sword, eth for style pts. The only good of it is -35% light resist, believe me that it plays a lot especially vs Palas and Barbs.
The rest of gear stays the same.

Stat points: str enough for spirit, dex non, vit none, NRG the rest.

With this setup you should have 1-1.3k life and 3.4-4k mana with bo. All depends how good are your charms :cool:

Whitealien
Resists arn't important on this build. Es can effectivly tank most skills. It'll probably be nice to have some.

-res isn't that important. Our sorci here won't have enough to negate most pallys and barbs. Everything else isn't a worry since they'll probably die in a hit too. BUT, griff, 20/20 armour, and a cresent is 75. If a build has NO stack whatsoever, you can reduce it a fair amount. If they have a LITTLE stack, then we still can reduce that a bit. But if they stack more than we have -... =/

Nonetheless, this sorc will do good in pvp. The damage seems to be high enough to kill bvcs, even. One thing is sorb. If they start using sorb, I guess you should get out a infinity merc for more -res... so that they actually take some damage.