Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp Lightning sorc gear Q's?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by cheapknockoff, Mar 26, 2005.

1. cheapknockoff

cheapknockoff IncGamers Member

pvp Lightning sorc gear Q's?

I was planning on making a pvp lightning sorc and i dunno what gear to use i was planning on the following...

Griffons eye
    2xsoj
    28res mara
    arach
    sandstorm
    eschutas
    magefists
    spirit

i figure with that set up i can at least hit a fcr breakpt(125% i think). But what armor should i use enigma/coh/ormus..... and is it worth to fore go the spirit for a storm sheild(which i would max out block)

thnx :clap:

2. urkel181

urkel181 IncGamers Member

The fcr bp you want to aim for is 117%, which is a lightning/cl only bp. The bp for the rest of the skills is 105. About armor, if you have enough res go for +3 light ormus, but if you need res, go for coh. About getting block or not, it all depends on your playing style.

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I'd recommend CoH unless if the Ormus is like +3 Light 15% Light w/ 5-5 facet in it.

I also suggest you going block because since lightning is so hard to hit with, just go face to face with a melee char and blast lightning / stun them in their face.

- Dennis

4. bomberboy_88

bomberboy_88 IncGamers Member

i agree that coh would be better...however, if you have the resist, i would say go for the ormus as dmg is very important (coh is better overall, ormus is more just for the dmg..and the cast rate). wirh ormus you could get more dmg and switch out griffons, that could be possible? since shako or some other helm is actually better than griff dmg wise, all griff has is fcr. if you use storm shield i advise you go for coh or enig as it's str req is huge. :/ unless you find a magical shield of blocking..then that would be sweet :]

5. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

its good to keep a sancuary in your stash should you come accross any bad mannered duelers that should nk you for no reason. I feel -res is more important then +dmg, i went this,

echustas
    ormus
    magefist
    arach
    griffons
    20/20 light monarch
    that way you still hit the breakpoint but you have insane dmg and its much better for absorbers, over all i suggest this gear when dueling casters

because casters often have -res its often good to stack around 40 just incase:

Hoto
    Coh
    Spirit

all other gear is basicaly the same, aim for around 32k+ and you should rarely find any opponents when dueling.

gl

edit: btw for normal spells casting breakpoint is 105 and last one is 200 but for lightning the first one is 117 not 105 or 125, also its good to max nova b4 chain lightning as chain is pretty much useless in duels unless u meet a good summon necro, still even a lvl 1 cl should be more then enough to 1 hit him, its also good to keep infinity against absorbers, with casters you can use it and nova them to death, try it its fun.
    -yuqing