Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp kicker?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Smithenator, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Smithenator

Smithenator IncGamers Member

pvp kicker?

Hey, I made a wwsin awhile back and have been loving it, but I would like another character to mess around with. Anyway, I made a kicking assasin back when I was in a bit of financial distress, and it didnt pan out very well, so I thought I would make one for pvp and maybe ubers now that I have some hrs to spend.

So, I read the two pvp kicking assasin guides stickied and wasnt impressed, they didnt go into a whole lot of detail in gear choices or strategy. Im guessing I would put enough into Dtalong for 17 total and max venom, but I dont really know what else besides that. Should I go c/c? Shield+weapon? Should I get a trap and focuse on fcr? Im really a bit in the dark as to what a kick assasin would be succesful with.

I need skills and gear for an assasin that would be succesful, I have 9 30+ shadow lifers, 20/res scs, a 19/20 torch, a 15/18/7 anni, 2/24 shadow dancers, enigma, coa, an assasin 2/20 circlet, a 2sin/15fcr amulet, maras, arach, 15/xx verdungos, a 2/44 dweb, and about 100hrs to spend on this character, so cost shouldnt be a problem.

:)

2. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

Well you need Uped gores from ladder to start with and I don't think they are cheap.
    Keep the Chaos as it's good for a second attack and for WW out of the way without being hit.
    Kickers are not the PvP build that trapers are however IMHO, for Ubers add some CB, Resists, OW, AR if needed rinse and repeat easy with talon harder with tail (5 CB hits all on the uber beats zeal)

3. Smithenator

Im on ladder, hehe. But tell me why I should use upped gores over shadow dancers.

And Im going to pvp with this whether it works or not, hehe, so telling me it doesnt work well is kind of hopeless

4. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

Ow-cb-ds & -25% req vs 20% saves points - Nuff Said on Uped Gore vs Shadow.
    I'm not much for PVP in the first place and this was not effective for me vs my trappers\WW builds. Great for Ubers though.
    I'll let others chime in interested in what they might say.

5. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

I'm no kick expert but OW can be made up on other items, DS won't raise your damage that much since your initial physical damage is fairly low. My only advice is use those shadows.

6. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

hem the answer is that the different is minimal, if u dont n the cb( and this is pvp right?) then u prob better off with shaddows.
    the reason the guides are so unclear is bc kickers are really quite independednt ofthier weapon, u will have very little difference in dmg between a cracked swrd and something really useful like wizzy all the way thro 2 the unlimate stupid which is like grief which some ppl instist on having. (plz dont, theres a build for general stupidity its called a smiter), for pvp ull b wanting eni no doubt, but which armour depends on how much str u have, a kicker naturally has alot of of str due 2 increasing dmg and so no point using an ap if u can have higher defence arm at no oppurintity cost

7. Smithenator

how much of kicking is actually physical damage? Enough to make ed from str worth more than life from vitality?

8. blinkmehere

blinkmehere IncGamers Member

If you are going to make a kicker assasin, my advice would be prebuff to at least level 50 venom. Get that prebuff with dual skillers claws, skiller glove, amulet, circlet, and so on and so forth. Oh yeah, max mindblast too, a pain in anyone's *** in PvP.

9. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

shadows > up'd gores ... ds doesnt work on kicks and cb isnt that useful for pvp.
    and i think 25dex and 30fhr are > 10%ow.

i'd go for lvl17dt, max mb, max venom, cos till -95% with items, 1 wof, 1 ls, 60% with clawblock, rest sm.

also get wiz 'um', fleshripper 'um' besides the dweb. they can be more useful in a lot of situations.

for the rest of your eq, i would advise ss -req/res or so, eni, to gloves, arach, shako/2sin 20fc resi @ circ, 1*raven 20/24x ... make sure you get 65fc, that means your amulet and 2nd ring depends on if you use circ or shako...
    as claws im not sure, but my first idea was fury mainhand and jade 30cr / lr @ on primary for high ow and resi stacking.

10. order

order IncGamers Member

arbedark has an excellent guide for kick/ trap hybrids. most of your gear could be easily accomidated for these builds as well. try searching for it.

11. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Thanks for the shout out Order. But I'd hardly call the posted draft excellent! :thumbsup:

I've got a much better version (still not complete), on my home computer (on my Uni computer at the moment).

If you could just do a quick bullet point list of what questions you have then I'll check back later and answer as many as I can.

12. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

I may be getting faked out by the LCS but I don't think Venom works on kicks - Casts on your weapon not your boots?
    Naw - Just the LCS - I checked :)
    How do you total what this does over time if you have charms or P-Gems Jewels? - Man over time the reason I find SIN's such a pain is trying to figure out what you really do - offhand weapon, on primary weapon etc. what works with what is a real pain.
    LOL - or is it just me?

13. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

LCS indeed because Venom works on kicks. Anyone ever try out Beast for help with kicks?

14. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

50 PvP damage before DR added per kick.

Worthless...:azn:

15. elvenswordman

elvenswordman IncGamers Member

Ok! About the boots:

I was told (in another thread, in this very forum and in another) that Crushing Blow works for kicks, so:

upped gore riders has the same damage of shadow dancers.... The decision must be made minding only the mods, not the damage, since its the same on both boots!

16. order

order IncGamers Member

cb does work for kicks, but cb is very useless in pvp. upped gores are only useful for ow.

i would prefer using shadow dancers on any kicker build. in my opinion the 2shadow 30fhr and dex increase > ow and cb on gores

17. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

well, if it is for OW only do they have to be upped?

Mike

p.s.
    Arb - dodge more, come online :laugh:

18. order

order IncGamers Member

... without the upped you loose a signifigant amount of physical damage.

19. a brick

a brick IncGamers Member

Because wildbillboy seems to be a bit confusing, i think i need to clear things up and add to what clay bizzle said.
    venom is the cause of a large majority of the kicks damage. it's a very good idea to up the venom a lot like on a ww sin build. i would go with the shadow dancers and also c/c. because kickers tend to be pretty good at caster killing, claw block should be your source of block because it can block a lot of caster attacks, even in the middle of kicks i think. in the claws, i would get os claws w/ +3 venom and more mods if u can like mb and dflight.
    overall goals for a pure kicker is as much +shadow skills as possible to up venom a lot along with shadow master, mb, wep block and bos.

also, people are saying just put points into dtalon, whats wrong with dflight? why use nig when you could use dflight and put on a bramble instead and use bos and a few r/w sc to catch casters?

20. wildbillboy

wildbillboy Banned

True

CB is less useful in PVP but rocks ubers etc and as I said 1st post I mostly PVM, even so it does some just not as much, DS and OW work ok in PVP and with DTalon it triggers multi times. Still as I don't duel much I will let those that do have final say on it.