Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Kicker WW Hybrid

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MaskOfSeasons, Feb 27, 2004.

1. MaskOfSeasons

MaskOfSeasons IncGamers Member

PvP Kicker WW Hybrid

Yay my first post.

Alright, let's get down to business, this is not a guide. I repeat, this is NOT a guide!

Ahem.

After reading through several of the guides abou PvP Kickers and WW Sins I thought it'd be interesting to develop a build around those two ideas. (This is mainly for pubbies btw)

These are the reasons why I chose to work around this idea. First, kickers are very interesting to play yet, I eventually got bored and decided to drop which bring in my next point. Surprise ! Most good duelers (again pubbies) will either know how to exploit the weakness of a kicker OR a ww sin rarely both. At first glance some of the skills suggestions in the guides are similar in both cases, but the weaknesses they create like COMPLETELY elsewhere ! Second, I don't have a Chaos claw. But I do intend to get one :lol: Until then I get a very decent kicker.

Now, my style of play will not be the same as yours. I said WILL not MAY.
    Basicly this is it ...

DTalon - 20
    DClaw - (1)
    DTail - (1)
    DFlight - 20

C.M. - 20
    B.O.S. - 1
    Fade - 1
    Venom - 20
    Weapon Block - 10

F.B. - (1)
    W.O.F. - 1 or (1)
    B.Se. - (1)
    B.F. - 1
    B.Sh. - 1

This can be achieved by lvl **. (Skills in brackets are only used as prerequesites)

L-Click: F1-DTalon, F2-WW
    R-Click: F3-BoS or Fade, F4-Venom, F5-Blade Shield, F6-DFlight, F7-Blade Fury

Now I'll add more information later, but This is my skill layout. Any comments would be appreciated.

2. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I'm doing such a build now....though it can be finished much earlier than **...

C-Beat

3. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Sounds good, I can't wait to fight you guys!

4. MaskOfSeasons

Eee, (no flames intended or whatever), just wondering what do you mean MUCH earlier ? Total points = 99 Max points = 110
    MaxCLevel - ( Max points - Total Points ) = Lvl you can finish the build
    99 - (110 - 99) = 198 - 110 = **

I guess you meant using another skill distribution, but my point was that my skill distribution could be attained at lvl **.

Btw, I'd also like comments about the items (which I'll add to the original post in about ... 3.4 seconds)

MaskOfSeasons

[EDIT]
    I just realized I couldn't edit my older post so I'll add it here

Items:
    These are the items I have right now.

Kicker Setup
    Andariel's Visage
    Malice Claw (Left)
    Bartuc's Cut-Throat (Right)
    Shadow Dancers
    Verdungo's Hearty Cord
    Dracul's Grasp
    Raven Frost x 2
    Cat's Eye

WW Setup
    Idem as Kicker Setup except for:
    Chaos Claw* instead of Bartuc's
    Highlord's Wrath instead of Cat's Eye

Extras
    +3 Shadow Disciplines on WS (one with +2 venom, and one with +2 Fade)
    2x Dwarf Star
    1x TGods
    1x Blackhorn's Face (Not sure about the name)
    1x S.D. Grand Charm (+to life to :D)
    1x Anni

Armors
    Nat's Shadow** (Precast, and High Venom Damage**)
    Leviathan (Vs. Melee that do Phys Dam)
    Guardian Angel (Vs. Elemental Damage)

*When I get one that is.
    **When I get the three poison facets to put in it :S

Now my two questions are: A) Is this a decent equip ? B) What items should I replace, and with what ?
    [/EDIT]

P.S. Just a note to anyone reading this, for the 'oldies' well I must say 'Bravo !' for everything that is up on this forums (the other classes' forums can't compete :p), for the 'newbies' (like me) well, appreciate what Nali, etc ... (Hey I told you 'Bravo !' already, only Nali deserves more :p) do for this forum and if I have one piece of advice: READ! Nearly everything that can be asked HAS been asked (Of course some was lost with the forum's problems). So READ before ASKING. Not only you will you avoid being treated as a n00b ;) But you might bring up points that NEVER were asked and/or answered.

P.P.S. Stewie (~3 Years Old I guess) "You know mother, life is a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to get ... In your case however, your life is more like this box of ACTIVE GRENADES ! I offer you one last chance for deliverance. Return my mind control device or be destroyed." "Oh you just want your toy back. Here you go." "Yes well... Victory is mine! ... (boom!) AAAH DAMN YOU ALL!"

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

too bad your not on europe fugitive :(

mask, the skill distrubution depends mostly on your items. It is possible to finish the build of at ~82.

C-Beat

6. MaskOfSeasons

Well how does it fare up to now C-Beat ? I did most of my calculations off-line and I just started making her (lvl 25) but I still think she is going to be very fun to play ... I just don't know about her effectiveness yet. Also, I have another question which is partly unrelated to this but I didn't find an answer in the faq or elsewhere on the forum: When you DFlight is it possible to 'choose' where you'll land in relation to the target ? (Meaning: Not always north of them)

Reason I'm asking is because of those Hammerdins, it'd be easy if you could 'choose' to Flight in the Lower Left Corner ...

Thx in advance

MaskOfSeasons

7. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I still havent started playing my sin because i've had some last minute gear changes. So, i'm still trying to trade for some pieces.

When it comes to Dflight, you will land on the side you are when teleporting. I mean, if you dflight when your are standing north of your opponent, you will land north of your opponent. For targeting hammerdins, simply dflight from a position southwest(lower left) of them.

8. MaskOfSeasons

Just another question I have in mind, I decided to put one point in BF for non-tele wind druids, hammerdins and bone necros. Now my question is the following: At first I wanted to do a 'MageSlayer' as the sticky on top ... but my main objective was to be able to defeat 3 opponents: Enigma-using Wind Druids, Hammerdins and Bone Necros ... and once you factor Enigma in the base build seems to fall apart :( Now my point with this build is the same as before, but I'm wondering how it'll fare vs. all of the above. Weapon Block buys me some time and if I can 'aim' with DFlight then I should be ok for Hammerdins as long as I don't follow them to closely, as for druids, well it'll be WW time ! Necros might be tougher, I'm thinking about the good ones that use Teeth/Bone Spear/Bone Spirit and that'll name-spam bone prison not to stop me but just to slow me down like hell ... Up to lvl 50 now I'll give comments about it soon but I'd like some feedback and/or ideas as how I might improve vs the aforementionned opponents.

MaskOfSeasons

9. ThyForbidden

ThyForbidden IncGamers Member

I would put 1 in DF and 20 in fade.. unless you are getting alot of PDR from items