Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Javazon possible?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by C-Beat, Jan 28, 2004.

1. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

PvP Javazon possible?

I've been thinking of the possibilities of a pvp javazon. The build would be based on LF/PL and as many +skills as possible while still having max block/resists.

For secondary skill i cant make up my mind. It's either jag+penetrate(for ar) but the dmg would be kinda low. Or its some kind of lightning attack. Perhaps power strike+lightning bolt would work? one of them being a meleee attack with up to 5k damage and the other being a ranged attack with up to 2k damage.

Anyone have any ideas for secondary skills? have anyone tried jab in duels in 1.10 or knows what the damage can be and if its enough?

regards
    C-Beat

2. Clicky Pen

Clicky Pen IncGamers Member

Eh, I have a 49 pvp javazon who's almost solely reliant on charged strike. It's current lvl 38 and deals 10 bolts of 1-3000 damage. In nightmare, I can kill most people (I duel in games with char lvls averaging about 73) in 2-4 hits unless a) they have 90 lit resists and lots of life, or b) they're using tgods. :eek: perhaps you can consider a Charged/Plague build.

Hope I helped ^^

3. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

i thought that charged strike wasnt very good for pvp since the bolts wont hit? i mean they scatter on inpact dont they? or do they hit because the opponent run right through them?

4. who_knows

who_knows IncGamers Member

those bolts hurt a lot, i can tell u that much, even with 75 light resist, and 2k life, u will go down in 3 hits at the most.

but landing the hit is the hard part. most pvpers are spellcasters now (sorcs, foh, hammers, element druids, necros...)

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

but does the bolts from CS hit the opponent or just scatter away? Isnt power strike better since it adds 1-~5k dmg instead of having to hope that the opponent run into the bolts from CS?

CS seems a bit more like a pvm skill than pvp...

6. Hakkapellito

Hakkapellito IncGamers Member

That has been my experience also.

I have an 83 HC Javazon who doubles as a PvPer; her CS does something like 4.3k damage with 10 bolts. I find that when I go to hit people they aren't "large" targets and the bolts scatter. Other people, however, don't have the same luck as me. I dunno.

I wish I could help more, but I'm curious also. How do all of you CS zons kill?

7. StormGuy85

StormGuy85 IncGamers Member

It has to do with the angle at which you attack your targets. You'll get maximum "payload" if you hit them from either a 0, 90, 180, or 270 degree angle. You have to experiment with it a bit. If you get into a situation where you're jabbing at them and most bolts are missing, realign yourself.

8. xXxDarkDaysxXx

xXxDarkDaysxXx IncGamers Member

Always have a ace up your sleeve buddy , my Pvp zon is a plauger , and my oh my arnt people surprised when i pull out the good old Wf and hit em with guided as they run away from the poison cloud ;)

For pvp id probally go with charged strike / light fury(fury stops bone prisons^^) then a nice guided arrow to flavor stuff up in a duel is always nice vs casters

9. BladeRogerz

BladeRogerz IncGamers Member

Just wondering...has anyone tried a fend or impale set up for melee pvp? It seems like it would work but I heard fend is kinda bugged. Now that I think of it does impale even work with javs or just spear class...

10. hflinc

hflinc IncGamers Member

Hey guys, I am converting my LF Javazon to PVP CS/GA hybrid Java and Bowzon. AM wondering how many pts people usually put into D/E/A, I see no point in putting more than 1 pt into Evade/Avoid because anyone smart enough would use sLow missile on ranged attackers (I assume Slow missile works in PVP too?)

Skills I have invested in currently at lvl 84:

20 LF
    20 CS
    20 GA
    5 Dodge/1 Evade/ 1 Avoid
    1 Valk with all Pre reqs
    1 CS/Pierce/Penetrate

I still have 11 points left, and am just wondering where I should put them in, I am thinking either more into D/E/A, CS or PowerStrike(Maybe Lightning Strike?) as synergy for CS.

Also got a couple of questions regarding CS, CS does two kinds of damage, one is the physical damage another is lightning damage, since CS also does physical damage, I am just wondering if AR Is important for me to Land a CS in PVP fights, if yes then wouldn't Power STrike be better since it adds more lightning damage than CS per lvl and also requires AR.

Thanks a lot in advance.

11. xXxDarkDaysxXx

xXxDarkDaysxXx IncGamers Member

yes slow missle works in pvp , but not all skills can be slowed , skills that can be avoided but not slowed:

fist of heavens
    blizzard
    frozen orb
    tornado
    thunder storm
    blessed hammer(not sure about this)

anyway you get the point , the list goes on and on , avoid is a good idea , if anything you shouldnt need dodge / evade because you should kill melee easily before they kill you (except maybe smiters , or the occasional holy freeze / charger)