Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

~~~~~PvP Javazon Guide UPDATED~~~~~

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by tinncann25, Aug 29, 2006.

1. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

~~~~~PvP Javazon Guide UPDATED~~~~~

Introduction To PVP Javazon

This is a guide for a Player vs. Player charged strike and lightning fury javazon. This build is designed to reach 9k+ charged strike damage and 3.5k+ lightning fury damage and become a formidable dueler in pub and clan dueling games.

Stat Point Distribution

Strength- It is important for you to place enough strength to end at the 176 mark at the end of your +str gear NOTE: with +str and dex gear you will look naked, which is awesome! =p
    Dexterity- Enough to achieve max block with stormshield or enough to wear you javelins (if you choose to use faceted shields instead of stormshield) NOTE make sure u put points into this skill every level, because your block will drop.
    Vitality- Every last point
    Energy- nothing

Skill Point Distribution

Javelin and Spear (max)
    Charged strike
    Lightning fury
    2 other synergies of charged strike
    -All extra points go to next synergy

Passive

Dodge/avoid/evade – 1point into each of these, these skills are why amazons don’t get hit in duels =p
    Critical strike – 1 point
    Pierce/slow missile – pierce is necessary for dueling necros and druids with summons and slow missile is good for ranged attackers, zons =p
    Valk – not a pvm build, ignore

Items

Weapon – only two options Tstroke and Titans

Titans – Optimally upped and eth titans are huge in team duels because of their stack size and regeneration ability. They are ok for 1 v 1 but Tstroke is better. Remember you cannot repair eth titans, so if they run out u wait.
    Tstroke – Absolutely godly with its added damage, 4skills is necessary. However only 80 javelins and no regen means u need to repair, About 8k gold per repair.

Shield – 3 options

Stormshield – This is optimal, recommended, necessary, and all of the above. Pdr and resistance and block. Down side is no plus skills though.
    Spirit – This is the mediocre shield. It has the resistance, fhr and skills, but lacks anything too special. This will give u mediocre survivability and mediocre damage. Stormshield if you want to live long and faceted shields for most damage.
    Faceted monarch – absolutely amazing with deflection mod. Gives you block and huge damage. However lacks the pdr from stormshield and the resistance from both shields above.

Helm – 3 options

Griffons – no question. Facet it and you won’t be disappointed
    120/45 – More of a bowzon helm, but have seen it used effectively because of its speed and the base helm they make it in
    Rare – 30frw/sockets for facet/ 2 skills makes this some what decent, but is extremely expensive, again a bowzon helm.

Amulet – 4 amulets

Highlords – lightning resistance and skill and IAS. This is your amulet against barbs and when you need the light resistance
    Cats eye – your default amulet, the frw is absolutely godly for an amulet. You run up to anything and you run away from anything =p
    Maras – For the skills and resistance obviously. I would take either of the above over this but it gives you more damage and more survivability so its definitely an option
    Nokoz ammy – you amulet for anything that has fire damage. I used this against a psn necro to negate the fire golem pulse. Use it!

Armor – seriously…only one option

Coh – skills resistance pdr and +str
    Enigma - …if u really want to use this its got str and skills, but you will lack resistance

Belt – 3 options

Tgods – Cheap and good. Gives you 40 stats and a beefed up lightning fury
    Dungos – get one with 40vit (same as the str and dex bonuses on the tgods) cause pdr doesn’t matter after stormshield and coh =p. Its got the fhr to make you shine.
    Rare – This will be you godly gear fhr life resistance and +str Get one …craft one

Gloves –

Rare – 3jav skills and 20ias
    Rare – 2jav skills and 20ias and resistance/ dex/ str

Boots – 3 boots

Treks – get them eth =p frw is low, but has fhr
    Waterwalks – you got the life and the dex, but lacks fhr and frw
    Rare – 30frw 10fhr with tri resistance… find this then give it to me =p

Rings - =p

Default set up – 20dex raven with bk ring
    Damage – 2 bk rings =p
    Cold – 2 ravens
    Fire – 2 dwarf stars
    Light – 2 wisps

Switch
    Spirit and cta

Charms
    9 javelin gcs (Optimally a combination of frw and lifers, and even fhr to hit breakpoints)
    anni torch
    scs – get frw with resists…don’t bother with lifers I don’t like em =p
    Tactics for PVP (All tactics assume that you are using the default ring settings as well as have max block)

Interesting approach to a Enigma based pvp javazon =p (I just saw this done in a game, though i did beat him 5-0 i thought it was an interesting build)
    Gear
    -Enigma instead of coh
    Switch Gear
    Hoto+spirit on switch (for fcr and resistance)

-Strategy is just to switch tele and dodge then when your close switch and poke with cs. A very unique build.

Sorcs – Remember to spam the lightning fury. If you hit you will reduce their energy shield/ life or just kill them right there.

For cold sorcs remember that they range is lower than fire and light, but they will hit you often, end this duel quickly by running up and poking. Back off if they teleport then shoot lf. These duels in a poke or a hit with lf. Blizzard duels are easier. Move out of blizzard until you catch up to them. If they blizzard themselves jus run up to them and poke.

For fire/light These duels require a lot of running and lightning fury. Dodge their spam while shooting lf, when they tele over you watch for a mistake when they tele too close. They may try to finish fast, but just run up to them and poke if they do for easy win.

Pallys – They will absorb the shyt out of you…or they will be cake

Smiters – get some fhr. If they have low light resistance just stand and poke them a few times. If they have high light resistance run and hit with lf until their manageable in a few hits with cs. If they absorb you…good luck…try and see if you damage them if you don’t jus save and exit or unhostile =p

Hammerdins – these r fun. Lightning fury them when they are spamming. IF the tele on you back off downwards then com right back and poke them. If they desynch, just name lock them and cs when they hit you. Normally you can tanke 1-3 hammers

Foh – End the duels quickly run at them then cs. If you stop and lf you might be wasting a lot of time

Aura dins – same as above except easier =p

Barbs – Easy duels unless they sorb

For all barbs – press R then stand shift cs until they die in 2-5 hits. Holy freeze is about the most effective trick against you but same strategy even if they hf. Don’t run or move because they will hit you more. (I have met 1 throw barb , lf and cs its like a sorc with a faster physical attack)

Zonz – Bowzons are usually cake and Javzons is about who can Lf and cs the best

Bows – chase them when they shoot press R. When they run you run too. IF they run faster spam Lf, but still run after them. Remember to walk when they spam and you will be fine. As soon as you catch up they are done.

Javzons – Run lightning fury until they have a manageable life where you can poke them once or twice to kill

Assassins – ww or traps

Ww – same as ww barb except they might have mb and traps for tricks, ignore them. If they mb when ur far away lightning fury while stunned, if they use traps just run past them.
    Traps – same as above except that they die in 2 hits max. Watch out of the tele a lot…if they do then u have to be careful and lightning fury. They will stick to their traps so use that as an advantage if they get too annoying. IN other words stay back and spam into the traps they have up. Treat them as sorcs if they play offensively

Druids and necros – same thing =p

Wind/bone - spam Lf to kill minions then poke / lf to kill them. Wind druids have their armor but if lf gets rid of that then they die in one hit. Wind druids also play aggressively so you can switch to highlords for extra damage against them, should be a challenging duel. Bone necros play defense and will give you a hard time if you try to poke them. So lay back throw javs and wait till they get to close

Fury/summon – fury is jus poking and summon is just lf =p

Psn necros – They bring you life down fast, so run and kill them before they get that last life point

edited by Dacar 9-22-06
    changed all of the criticals to charged

2. tinncann25

Update has an extra section and has been made a little more readable

I will change it more when i get back from my classes tonight

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

The lightning poke skill is called "Charged Strike". It appears that you are referring to both Critical Strike and Charged Strike as "Critical Strike". Somewhat confusing, don't you think?

4. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

put your zon's stats in the update so we can compare. oh, and put a warning on this tellling people to expect to be accused of fc a lot. do you recomend trying for 150frw? i think that's where desync starts to happen. is shako a good cheapie helm? also do you have any tricks for sorbers? i had something else i was gonna mention but it escapes me now and i'm over my break time.

5. crawlingdeadman

d'oh! double post. i remembered what i was gonna add though... since you're pvp do you recomend any ias bp to strive for or are you just going with gloves/ammy? what about fhr? i know that d/a/e are at a fixed rate but your normal hit recovery isnt. oh and do you walk vs smiters? most of em charge you then smite you and the crappy lvl one charge can hurt. that's all i can think of atm.

i've seen his zon in action people and it's fun to have on your team let me just say that.

6. tinncann25

I definitly mean max charged strike, critical should get 1 point

I will definitly include stats on the update =p, 150 frw takes a lot of sacrifices, I think i start desynching at around 110 which is easy to reach with 20-boots, 30-cats eye, 30-charms, 30-titans =p (however most of the time i use tstroke over titans)

-CDM thnx for the praise. I do fine with just the 40 total ias and i strive to reach the 55fhr break point mostly against smiters, trappers, and chargers. I usually run and shoot against smiters, because smite is unblockable walking will not help. Main thing about smiters is to get more hits on them if they dont sorb, and if they do sorb you have no effective way of damaging them. Sorb is insane on pallys because the can stack resis with salv/ light resis auras and then when they put on those dual wisps they only heal from your pokes

7. pimpadryla

pimpadryla IncGamers Member

a very interesting thought to your build, what about a pure phy dmg + lite dmg? i mean, split all stats between vit/str and use only eth titans( of cource after dex about 150 or so) that way sorber gets confused when u kill him 1 hit, because ~10k cs dmg got sorbed, but he doesnt expect a 5-6k phy dmg poke to go with that? same for fury... i seen few of them, very effective, because u kill some1 10 times, they gonna stash some wisps eventuely lol

8. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if you use Lightning bolt in duels, but for me it's much more effective against non-minion opponents. With maxed LF,CS,LB and LS, I get 7,460 lightning bolt dmg versus 3,475 lightning fury dmg. So if minions are not a concern, I spam LB for bigger dmg against barbs, pallys, sorces, etc.

Also, I've got about 8 pts extra at lvl **, so I'm considering sinking those in plague jav instead of powerstrike. It gives a nice cover when ur being chased and just destroys es sorces and windies. I'm calculating about 11k psn dmg (600 w/ pvp penalty) over 15 secs w/ an 8 pt investment (lvl 33 w/ bonus skills).

9. tinncann25

light bolt is a good idea, however u wont need to use it against barbs, though you make a good point about other characters

um poison is a huge waste of points 11k might be impressive, but after resistance and considering the damage per 1 second it is ...horrible =p I would stick those 8 points into a light skill that will benefit your charged strike.

10. tinncann25

Im sorry i didnt see ur post the first time around

The problem with going with physical damage is that it is too difficult to bring up the damage also i am pretty sure the physical damage on a cs hit is blockable, but the light damage always hits. If you want the physical damage bowzon is ur character, javazons really lack in the physical department, except for frenz/jab.

11. crawlingdeadman

i kinda wondered if lightning bolt would be a better spammer too, but i figured that the bounce/auto targeting of fury would make it hit more often if your aim wasnt so good. ie you miss a char and it rebounds off a wall/tree/whatever and winds up hitting them.

that's what i assumed the reasoning was anyway.

12. tinncann25

After i thought about it i think unless ur dueling a trapper/sorc that is sticking to a wall light bolt would actually be a better spammer, it costs less mana as well =p

13. DeMoNiX

DeMoNiX IncGamers Member

Thnx for the guide but can someone direct me to a thread that has the gear for a pvp gear setup?

14. crawlingdeadman

15. OoQQoO

OoQQoO IncGamers Member

Re: ~~~~~PvP Javazon Guide UPDATED~~~~~

true, i tried both on my hybridzon (mainly bowa/dodge), only 1 pt fury
    and even with those low levels and low light dmg, bolt is much more effective against >>BLOCKING<< chars, since its unblockable (except claw block), because its purely elemental, also if you have knockback, stunlocks those smiters real nice :p

16. crawlingdeadman

edit: IGNORE ME!

17. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

We always do. :whistling: