PvP is strafe worth the points?

Random

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP is strafe worth the points?

Is strafe good in pvp? I knows there's a strafe lock but think about all those charge paladins with godly gear. I think guided arrow wont win against a charge paladin who knows what hes doing (smite/charge/fanat/vigor) or even a FOH paladin (charge/foh/smite/holy shield) I'm sure paladins arent the only problem.

I been through a couple of duels against such pallidins and I end up killing only half the paladins i face. Paladins have such an advantage, since guided arrow only hits once, Paladins usually end up blocking it. If i run i wont be able to win. If i teleport, i still would lose because of the lack of fast cast rate. Jab will lose against zeal or charge. And lightning fury isn't a good choice...

The question is if strafe is good against such paladins. Since the zon is gonna sit there and shoot, why not use strafe instead of guided? I wanna know wut you guys think.
Thnx.

i'm not sure if my gear has any affect on whether strafe is better than guided in this situation.
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Random said:
Is strafe good in pvp? I knows there's a strafe lock but think about all those charge paladins with godly gear. I think guided arrow wont win against a charge paladin who knows what hes doing (smite/charge/fanat/vigor) or even a FOH paladin (charge/foh/smite/holy shield) I'm sure paladins arent the only problem.

I been through a couple of duels against such pallidins and I end up killing only half the paladins i face. Paladins have such an advantage, since guided arrow only hits once, Paladins usually end up blocking it. If i run i wont be able to win. If i teleport, i still would lose because of the lack of fast cast rate. Jab will lose against zeal or charge. And lightning fury isn't a good choice...

The question is if strafe is good against such paladins. Since the zon is gonna sit there and shoot, why not use strafe instead of guided? I wanna know wut you guys think.
Thnx.

i'm not sure if my gear has any affect on whether strafe is better than guided in this situation.
I think that is the reality of bowazons versus charge pallies in 1.10. Blizzard gave charge a speed of mach 10 which is even faster when combined with vigor. A bowazon can't outrun it and enigma won't do diddly because the horribly slow cast rate of zons.
 

strangelybrownuk

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno if its any help, but i have a hybridzon PvM who has only 10 base points in strafe.
The other day was muling when my mate entered with his godly PvP hammerdin and his mate with a godly PvP fire sorc...
They duly hostiled each other and set about fighting, they also hostiled me but I was busy cubing etc.
When i finished i thought 'what the heck' and went out there and straffed them both to death.
The fire sorc left and got an apparently even more ferocious cold PvP sorc, which I again straffed to death....'omg' he said ' it's like being hit by a machine gun, i couldn't tp and when I did the arrows automatically targeted me'.
I have to add that as my ama is PvM she was using a wf which if I read right, is banned in some dules coz of the kb...but, hey...they were gobsmacked that a non PvP build owned them:)
 

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
strangelybrownuk said:
Dunno if its any help, but i have a hybridzon PvM who has only 10 base points in strafe.
The other day was muling when my mate entered with his godly PvP hammerdin and his mate with a godly PvP fire sorc...
They duly hostiled each other and set about fighting, they also hostiled me but I was busy cubing etc.
When i finished i thought 'what the heck' and went out there and straffed them both to death.
The fire sorc left and got an apparently even more ferocious cold PvP sorc, which I again straffed to death....'omg' he said ' it's like being hit by a machine gun, i couldn't tp and when I did the arrows automatically targeted me'.
I have to add that as my ama is PvM she was using a wf which if I read right, is banned in some dules coz of the kb...but, hey...they were gobsmacked that a non PvP build owned them:)
so wat ur saying is that if u have a strafe that shoots "10 times" itll shoot one object ten times if there are no other opponents in range? cuz from wat i know strafe shoots one arrow per oponent or am i wrong?
 

.EYRIS.ONE.

Diabloii.Net Member
in PvP strafe very very rarely hits them as they are always moving, plus you don't want to be caught in strafe-lock in PvP because opponents will use that to there advantage eg. blizzard being cast on you o_O

peace.

ps: 100th post woot
 

strangelybrownuk

Diabloii.Net Member
.EYRIS.ONE. said:
in PvP strafe very very rarely hits them as they are always moving, plus you don't want to be caught in strafe-lock in PvP because opponents will use that to there advantage eg. blizzard being cast on you o_O

peace.

ps: 100th post woot
Well, that wasn't the case when I tried, although the sorc was teleporting all over the place, too quick for me to get a lock on her, the strafe automatically targeted her and once i hit her and had her stunned, a solid line of arrows pumped into her until she was dead without me having to name lock her.
I think she was in stun lock because mate said he couldn't tp or cast blizzard.
The way he was talking was that he never came across an ama that used strafe in PvP, probably because of what you say re the strafe-lock. All I know is that it worked and it surprised the hell out of him :lol:
I would guess anyone with a decent amount of block and fhr would be able to escape though.
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
so wat ur saying is that if u have a strafe that shoots "10 times" itll shoot one object ten times if there are no other opponents in range? cuz from wat i know strafe shoots one arrow per oponent or am i wrong?
In 1.10 the amount of MINIMUM arrows (regardless even if there is 1 target) shot works according to the formula: # of minimum arrows = (skill level/4) + 2
eg. a level 20 strafe shoots 7 arrows minimum, even if it is just at one target.
 
Top