Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Hybrid idea. Need comments.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by C-Beat, Jan 29, 2004.

1. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

PvP Hybrid idea. Need comments.

Hi all!

Trying to decide what pvp build i'm gonna do. I've been considering everything from liberator, javazon and FC/rabies druid to weird experimentall characters.

However, since i love my kicksin it's pretty obvious that i should do a pvp version. So, This is what i'm thinking:

13 DTalon (will be 24 with gear)
    1 DFlight

20 Venom
    1 WB, MB, SM, BoS

20 WoF
    20 WoI
    rest in fireblast

+2 assasin circlet (hopefully shako)
    Shaft
    verdungo
    2*tucs
    Shadowdancer (higher venom damage)
    2*Raven (more ar:) )
    Trang gloves (higher venom dmg)
    +2 sin amulet(hopefully maras)

Anni, Shadow Discipline skillcharms, ar, life and resist charms in inventory.

The idea is to set up WoF to stun the opponent (and do damage) while i Dflight in and Dtalon the hell out of them. The venom will do roughly 3k/sec which should be awesome!

Hopefully i can also get some facets to put in my sockets...

For leveling i'll have a different item setup for higher effieciency though..

Any comments, reflections or ideas?

Venom works with BoS, right?

regards
    C-Beat

2. C_Narcissus

C_Narcissus IncGamers Member

Couple of comments, as I've screwed up kickers before. :)

1. Try using Leviathan instead of Shaft. Yeah you lost 5% DR but you pick up a ton of strength and armor, which is really nice. The strength will add to your kick damage, too, if you have the initial strength to wear it anyway (and if not, do what I do and use a good -15% req jewel).

2. Yes Venom works perfectly with BoS.

3. I'm not sure (help me out here Assassin Veterans) that Venom transfers over to kicks. It makes sense, since other elemental damage and skills do, but when I cast venom and switch to my kick skill, it's not displayed in the damage window. Is this a display bug or does it transfer for sure? It drains so fast it's tough to test on people.

Your build is pretty nice, too, the only other thing I would consider is... who are you going to go PVPing against? If the enemy tends to run a lot, consider using Lightning traps instead of fire traps, as the range is much more efficient and you get more shots out of them. Hope some of this helps!

3. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

3k/sec poison after 1/6 pvp penalty and 75% poison res? Not everyone will have 75% poison res but good duelers will.

You're better off going lacerator/storm for the 33% amp/dr/dex bonus to ar (needed for block) or wiz spike/storm. In any event, the dex used for gaining blocking at 75% will give you a huge (and needed) boost to your AR. Plus you get 75% block.

4. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Speederländer: I wont go C/S because it is my belief that C/C is superior ;)

I know that most people will have maxed poison resists, but even after all the penalty the damage is still not bad for 20 skillpoints. Also, having 3 elements of attacks is good because it restricts the opponents gear alot.

Narcissus: I havent thought about leviathan, and it might be a better option. However, it is quite expensive for ladder so i doubt i can afford it...

Venom does add to kicks, that i do know :)

I will be an allround dueller so i prefer WoF for the stun ability rather than LS. LS does more damage but with a tgods it's easily negated completly...also, i allready have a Dtalon/LS sin which i can duell with...but i wanna do one stricly for pvp with WoF :)

Perhaps i should ditch venom and go for more synergys to WoF?? it's too bad that venom has such a short duration...the damage is good per second, sadly it last less a very short time :(

regards
    C-Beat

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Whats even better, i max wof, fireblast and woi and put the rest in venom. I get 50% higher wof dmg when maxing fireblast and i can still maintain 1.5k/sec poison damage which should be a decent amount :)

so, basicly:
    13 Dtalon (24 with items)
    20 WoF
    20 WoI
    20 Fireblast
    rest in venom. about ~7 points, perhaps more. Will be atleast slvl 20 with items + trang gloves.

thats better right? and perhaps a few fire and poison facets in my gear to lower resists....

Does the -res on fire facets work when the opponent is hit by a wof or do i need to hit him melee style for it to take effect?

C-Beat

6. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

If you are going C/C, why only 1 point in WB?

7. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

because with +skills it will be high enough slvl...no use putting valuable skillpoints for a a few % more block. iirc i'll have 53 or 54% which is enough for me.

8. DEAD

DEAD IncGamers Member

I think what i would do is instead of having any venom, is going ahead and putting the extra into WB going from 54%-60 or 61% IMO is a big difference, and is worth the points. Also as speeder said(btw this a pubby dueler or private?) for private duels, most duelers will have maxed res in hell and probably even some PLR, and alot of private duels are in NM, making it even easier to negate. But I do like your build it sounds fun and viable. Good Luck with it.

9. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

Since ur C/C, have u considered DC instead of Dtalon?

10. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

i will be duelling in private duells, dont remeber if it's in normal or nightmare...dont really matter that much if its 1on1. I know that most opponents will have max res so i'll have to adapt to that. WoF will mainly not be the dmg dealer, i'll use it to stun the opponent with the help of mb so i can dflight in and the Dtalon them...then if wof does some dmg thats an extra bonus :)

Even if the opponents have maxed pdr i would still deal 75 dmg/sec after all the penalties if i max venom. That is pretty good since i'll be kicking very fast and they will have problem getting out of the hit animation.

I'm dont really believe that >10 points in wb is worth it since i can get so much more than 5% block for those points. I will consider it though.

What speed can DC attack?

C-Beat

11. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

=.=
    I dont remember those tables on top of my head.. but i remember its hard to achieve the fastest speed... but DC should deal more damage.

12. Speederländer

Talon should be maxed. The AR bonus alone demands it. Your dex is also low from the fact that you aren't using a shield (and pumping dex to get blocking up). My claw/shield hybrid kicker has slightly less than 20K AR. Someone with that kind of AR at higher levels has a distinct advantage over a claw/claw build with much lower AR. Yes, you can block some magic attacks, but you refuse to even get claw block to the 60% range, thereby making it far less "worth it". When people recommend that you at LEAST get claw block to 60%, they are doing so from experience. You are at a disadvantage.

13. Speederländer

You're maxing WoF and its synergies but you don't plan on it being a main "damage dealer"? That's a huge waste of skill points.

Facets don't work with with traps.

WoI has been proven time and again to be fairly useless in PvP. It's too slow and no one with a clue stands around to let it roast them.

14. Chidori

Chidori IncGamers Member

Would you mine sharing how to achieve 20k AR for kicking? I can only muster up 10-11k.

15. Mr Bones

Mr Bones IncGamers Member

Hey C-Beat :)

http://www.fuzzbox.34sp.com/d2info/assassin_ias.htm

I've gotta say that maxing Dtalon for the AR alone is a pretty good idea as you might find your AR slightly lacking without those couple of points. Also I don't think from reading your post that you will be using WoI for anything else than synergy dmg for WoF so thats ok (I agree with Speederländer that WoI really sucks for dueling) but your build looks fun and is fairly unique I say overall its looking pretty good just needs a tad bit of tweaking perhaps so go for it :D

Hey chidori I find a particulary cheap and effective way of boosting AR is to use an angelic ring + amulet (the AR bonus grants my kick sin about 4000 or so Ar I believe, can't be sure but I know that it is of a large quantity and angelic ring/amu are very easy to get ahold of).

edit- C-Beat FD is held in nightmare ;)

16. Chidori

Chidori IncGamers Member

4k additional AR? or is that your total AR?

17. Mr Bones

Mr Bones IncGamers Member

additional ;) I believe that my current AR is around 16k I'm going to hopefully get some AR charms soon to help boost this. btw angelic ring + amu at lv 80 provide + 960 raw AR

18. Speederländer

Talon level is 31 with items (including battle command)
    raven with 243 AR
    approx. 200 dex from getting max block on my shield.
    Angelic ring + ammy (HUGE MASSIVE boost)
    Life charms with AR (several)

19. Chidori

Chidori IncGamers Member

Excellent, I'll have to play around with that stuff mentioned above and see if I have any luck. Thanks again!

20. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

thx for all the input guys!

first off, I know that woi sucks...

Even with slvl 24 Dtalon i'd still get ~10k ar which should be enough for most players that doesnt have defence in the 25-35k range...clvl also means alot which can compensate for the lack of ar.

i will not take up the discussion weather or not to go c/c or c/s because i allready know the pros and cons and i do have a general oppinion whats best. I have tried them both you know...

Considering that most people get hit when they are runing, c/c is still very good at 54ish percent...of course it can be higher but this build shouldnt get hit that easily...

I'm considering WoF for the stun, but i prefer to max it and its synergies instead of maxing WB and venom. However, it i can gather some more skillcharms i might put a few skill points in WB to get higher...it should require 10-12 more points to get to 60%...

regards
    C-Beat