Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-PVP- Hoto vs. Eschutas (Fireball/bolt Sorc)

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by pryzmatik2, Apr 11, 2005.

1. pryzmatik2

pryzmatik2 IncGamers Member

-PVP- Hoto vs. Eschutas (Fireball/bolt Sorc)

Ey, i'm back in the sorc forums, haven't been here in a while... Decided to make a PvP firebolt/fireball sorc...

First question, is firebolt faster than fireball? or does it just seem faster because its smaller? I ask this because I like the way you can place down hydra and cast firebolts to confuse another player ( I think... anyone ever do this? )

Originally, I was going to try and get 200% FCR, but I'd be sacrificing so many items that I have and would love to use on a sorc... so I ditched that idea.

Right now I'm a bit stuck, can somebody tell me which would add more damage, a Heart of the Oak or a 25%/-5% Eschuta's Temper? I can't remember, I remember that the 25% bonus to fire damage is reduced by fire mastery or something? Something also I noticed is that Hoto gives more life, with +10 stats and +3 skills adding onto battle orders ( from Call to Arms ). Also has +20 life replenish... which is alot I guess? the increase maximum mana 15% would be about or less than the +energy from eschuta's im guessing, because i won't be putting any points into energy. Lastly, Hoto gives up to 40 all resistances...

So i'm asking if the damage from eschuta's is worth giving up say 35 resistances, 10 dexterity, and more life?

Thanks, pryz.

2. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Actually the 3 to skills on hoto wont affect your bo. Since you wont be wearing the hoto when you cast bo it wont take its + skills into effect.

3. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

I could be wrong but I belive that if your resists are all maxed without it then yes

4. pryzmatik2

pryzmatik2 IncGamers Member

Hah wow can't belive I missed that, thanks.

So do you know if the 25%/-5% damage from Eschuta's isn't reduced in any way by fire mastery?

And does anyone know when this damage is calculated?

One last question, would it be more mana efficient to put my spare skill points into teleport (It'd be level 21, only using 4 mana, after all my +skills) or warmth (which would be level 31, giving 390% mana regeneration, thats including skillers)?

5. Raistlin_Majere

Raistlin_Majere IncGamers Member

You'r first 2 questions are somewhat connected. The thing is that the + % dmg from eschuta is added to your fire mastery (so it's NOT adding 25% to you'r final damage). Still - even a bit more damage won't hurt so - eschuta does more dmg than hoto.

As for the last there is an explanation in a stickied guide (http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=269825)

Raistlin