Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Hammerdin

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Orlox, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Orlox

Orlox IncGamers Member

PvP Hammerdin

I'm almost finishing my first Hammerdin, and it's doing very well in PvM. But everytime I try to duel someone, I'm killed really fast. I think it's mostly because i can't hit anyone with the hammers, (that are doing aroound 2.3k of dmg now:thumbsup: ) as they can be easily avoided. I have Hammers, Vigor and Blessed Aim maxed, and I'm working on concentration now. Can anybody tell me good PvP hammerdin tatics or anything that make it good in PvP?
    Thanks.

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

First, do you have max block with hoz? Unless you are going for 125% with spirit, max block HoZ does pretty well for hdins.

You sure you are using Concentration? Use hammers on left shift click and conc on right click?

The only hammer tactic I can tell you is that practice charging around with Vigor on. Always have mana pots handy so you can charge around as much as you need to. It avoids getting hit better than tele, and probably confuse the opponent more.

3. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

I think it's best if you learn how to play pvm style hoto and tele style before you start practicing desync (vigor, charge) in pvp.

the most common tactic is to namelock tele on top of the target and spam hammers asap while you're stacked on him. eventually you learn how to create an effective hammer field to somewhat narrow down your opponents choices.

once you get used to the mechanics involved in pvp you can feel free to move up to desync. the best of the best hammerdins in pvp all use charge instead of tele.