Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Hammerdin killer?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by pliu, Nov 6, 2006.

1. pliu

pliu Banned

PvP Hammerdin killer?

I am playing some PvP Melee duel with my smite paladin and have lot of fun :smiley: but some time game simply get screwed when someone PWNed in melee duel and bring in a lvl 90+ hammerdin and kill most of the melee duelers and start to nk :sad2: . I want make a char for only one purpose -- a PvP char that can kill hammerdin very easy and teach them a lesson if they abuse hammerdin in PvP. Any suggestion for this build?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Another hammerdin.

3. Merick

Merick Diabloii.Net Member

If he doesn't have absorb there's really nothing he can do against a lightning trapper.
    There's no way to significantly reduce magic damage, unfortunately.

4. pliu

pliu Banned

cool idea :badteeth: I use to think a Amazon, but hammerdin can tele and charge. I don't want hammer/hammer duel :badteeth: May try the light traper. But may cause someone call me noob duler :grin:

5. Leohappy

Leohappy Diabloii.Net Member

95% es sorc > hdin
    ele druid is also very good at killing hdins

6. stuslegend

stuslegend Diabloii.Net Member

bowzon would be my #1 choice

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Easy way: PnB Necro. You have the same advantage as the HDin (unblockable damage), but you can be a lot more noobish (believe it or not). Go summon about 10 huge monster guys (there are Magic immune ones in Act 3 somewhere if you really want to be mean) and he can't hit you anymore...shoot with impunity.

8. nicro tower

nicro tower Diablo: IncGamers Member

BvCs??? if he doesnt have really high fhr you can just leap and tele-WW (or zerk or any atk u wish)

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

:largeshocked:​
    Any mediocre hammerdin will kill even good BvCs. If you can made a BvC good enough to regularly kill mediocre-good Hammerdins, you can make a PnB necro that can destroy almost anything.
    :smug:​

10. pliu

pliu Banned

I will try this one first :badteeth: And shout at the hammerdin "don't jump on me you noob " if he manage to tele/charged on my bowzon and killed my bowzon. See my another thread http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=508729

Bad joke eh?:badteeth:

Try this one afer the bowzon if it not work.

11. johnomally

johnomally Diabloii.Net Member

dont know about reliably killing a hammerdin every time, but i have some moderate success with my ww assa, correct me if im wrong but claw claw block can stop hammers afaik

12. k/t

k/t Banned

Are you sure BvCs aren't good against Hammerdins? If they sit and spam you just bow them.

13. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky Diabloii.Net Member

as lord nyax knows, a bowzon with kb can be VERY deadly to any sort of casters. especially when a necro with lvl 53 amp is cursing half the blood moor while sitting out in the middle of nowhere. :evil:

good ol days huh nyax?:tongue:

also- claw block does stop hammers. orbs. fb's. axes. nados. you get the point ;D

14. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver Diabloii.Net Member

Aren't there lots of magic immunes in Hell act 2, tombs?

15. jsyou

jsyou Banned

hammers pierces demon/undead magic immunity only thing that truely immune to hammers is those wailing beast in act3

16. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Damn straight, good days...I knew a Bowazon once who had Lacerators on switch. They have 33% chance to proc Amp, so she'd get Amp on someone then...well...rape them. It seemed like a great idea to me...but some people still called it "BM". The great thing about Bowazons is that there are SO MANY WAYS to make them more effective. Party with a Hammerdin to get the Concentration aura. Party with a Necro to get the Amp. Party with a Barbarian to get Leap/BO/BC. More and more...

Hammers are effective for several reasons, but the biggest one, and the one that is often ignored, is that there is only one type of monster in the entire game that is immune to Hammers. Hammers are not effected by the Immunities of Undead/Demons. Thus, the only other monster type, the so called "Animal" is the only type that CAN be immune. There is only one "Animal" that spawns Immune to Magic: Wailing Beasts, most often found in the temples of Kurast.

Last note: Both Claw Block and Avoid are things that Hammerdins HATE. They both make it insanely hard to kill the characters that use them. However, you should know. Hammerdins are incredibly hard to use. Try this some day. Find a Hammerdin, piss him off, then slowly, walk down. If he Teleports on you and starts Hammering, you'll be below his Hammer range before you get hit. If he teleports below you, don't keep walking into the Hammers though...it's incredibly easy to dodge a pure Hammerdin...just keep walking...

17. bobofuzzlymunky

that quote confuses me. wailing beasts are demons =O but o well, i know that those are magic immune. thats why u make a hammer/smite. :scratch:

18. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Bobo, you get confused easily. Read my post; it was written by someone who actually types in sentences. Hopefully it will make more sense.

Also, you don't make a Hammer/Smite Paladin JUST for those guys. With all seriousness, you will NEVER encounter them unless you go looking for them...and at that point, your Merc can take them...

19. bobofuzzlymunky

ah, got it, forgot they were animals and not demons.

20. kungfumonkey

kungfumonkey Diabloii.Net Member

I have always believed in FoH Pallies. Really max out fist and you should be able to kill a hammer before you. Although if he has Tgods then you are screwed.