Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP hammerdin gear optimization

Discussion in 'PvP' started by NickaliskTrent, May 31, 2008.

1. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

PvP hammerdin gear optimization

I thought I found a good circlet earlier, but Now I'm having second thoughts:

+2 pally
    20%FCR
    57 Life
    56 CR
    18LR
    18FR
    17PR

here's interesting question: how customizable are hammer based pvp pallys? CoA/Hoto/Spirit Targes/griefs (<--for libbys) are the norm, and they are nigh irreplaceable.

Other classes like trapsins/wind druids/Bowazons/boners all have many custom item slots: circlet/Pelts/FCR rings/Knockback gloves/FCR amu/claws/etc. But the optimal hammerdin gear seems to be uniques.

It almost seems like the best hdin builds are all cookie cutter. Are there any hdin item slots that are really open to customization? 125 fcr and 86 fhr break points really don't require hdins to bend over backwards (locating the right rares) to achieve.

I suppose theirs always the viper bludgeon :scratchchin:

2. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

Re: PvP hammerdin gear optimization

well u can use;

enigma
    ur 20% fcr helm ber ur helm
    hoto/ or wizzy sock with 15all res/7fhr add jewel
    verdungos
    35% fcr spirit targe
    2 pala 10% fcr amu or 1-2 pala/20fcr amu adds
    1-2x fcr rings depending on amu or wizzy
    blood fist gloves
    water walks

u end up with 125% fcr /86% fhr 31% pdr it could work but u lack dr with this setup.

builds like tis can work better on our realm because of bb belt which grants 20% pdr + 1 sock circlet gets u at 36% pdr and 2 sock 44% pdr.

Although i use a mage i use bb plus 2 sock/ skill/ life helm to keep high dr. as i use a circlet base build.

On standard hammer setup the only slots that really can be switched are coa to shako jah for example in hammer vs hammer setup for more life/mana + extra dmg and depending on how good ur amu is, i.e 10-20% fcr means amu slot can save a fcr ring from being used allowing a sorb or skill ring instead or verdungos to arch again vs hammer vs hammer

3. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

duped item inquiry removed

Also, for liberators, what is this "libby" stick that I hear about? I think someone suggested making a grief in a scepter with some + to hammer/combat?

Can anyone explain?

4. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Stop asking questions about old dupes. I don't care what you use on your characters but I'm not having that discussed here. This includes threads about what is and what isn't "perm".

5. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

Last time I checked you can only make Grief in swords and axes. I've never played a high level libby before, but I'd venture a guess it could be a Fortitude made in a caduceus with useful mods like +blessed hammer/concentration/charge. Heaven forbid people actually start thinking for themselves and looking stuff up on the Summit for character builds.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I used to use hammer/conc cta sceptre + spirit with grief + upd hoz, if that is what you're referring to?

7. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

hmm thats an interesting setup. and you get bo as well. nice.