Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pvp guilds: Hdin vs Libby

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Uchiha Sasuke, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Pvp guilds: Hdin vs Libby

I'm not sure which to choose.... hdin with holy shield or libby with it;s charge.

And to save space... I have other questions on other builds.

For a bvc... What gear? I know this has been asked numerous times but...

griefz, beastz
    enigma
    coa
    arach
    ravenraven
    highlords
    dracs
    tri res boots

First off... theres some dr missing. Second, what charms? (I'm counting on Ce Olba here :wink: )

For a zon...
    what gear/skills? Bowzon pvp
    That's all for now.

2. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

Libby
    Good BvC setup there
    Use res/lifers until you outstack anya bug by at least 10, then a combo of light res/life, AR/life, and max/AR/life

3. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

So... basically whatever good charms I can get my hands on?

Also, with libby...

what setup? I was thinking...

Griefpb
    enigma
    spirit
    arach
    2x fcr rings
    dracs
    highlords
    Coa

Seems a little off though... =/ Is doomz good for libbys? What about griefz (not pb) or silence? Silence looks nice to me...

4. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

For a libby:
    grief ba is a better choice, pb range =2, ba =3,
    armor = fortitude, it's got enhanced dmg, FCR, resistance and life, I would go so far to say that this is the ultimate Libby armor.

- D.J.

5. jsyou

jsyou Banned

no tele on a liberator is bad. you can hit 75 fcr with trangs spirit and a arachnid, and engima lets you save alot of str

6. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Could you tell my why it would be bad without tele on a lilbby? You apply other stratergies on a libby as opposed to an pure breed hammerdin, you want the distance between you and your target for the charge. If you just tele stomp everyone you can just make an plain hammerdin(g). Please explain.

- D.J.

7. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

One instance you could need teleport, is Vs Necro Bone Prison.
    +the str you gain from enigma helps out so much. Enigma has other nice stats aswell.

8. jsyou

jsyou Banned

teleport is very useful when fightning with necros who bp you all the time, enigma lets you get 2 skills 45 run walk alot of str and 8% dr too

9. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

hmm i think pure hdins are just better than libbys. if you ve ever seen such godly duellers as vic (theJesus on these forums) with their pure 125fc hdins you'll see why charge isnt needed.

still i personally like libbys and will re-eq my old one now. the tough part is getting good dr/resis/life on it. i will therefore probably go for only 75fc, coz 125fc with grief will leave you only with really low DR. with 75%fc i can easily play 46% dr with shako ber and bugbelt (in euscnl).
    my main attack vs sorcs etc will be a 11k average dmg charge then instead of 125fc hammerlocking.
    desync + charge as a real dmg source (i.e. not passive charge to desync and spam hammers only) is imo pretty effective against all kinds of casters and 75fc should be enough against the most melee opponents.
    also im thinking about combining the charge/hammers with telesmite. i think ill just do some experiments with my char concerning setup and skilling.

but finally under the aspcet of pure effectiveness, pure 125fc hdins should be > lib.

10. jsyou

jsyou Banned

pure hdins will have some problems with bowazons and wind druids, its better for 1 v 7, a liberator is more like 1 v 1

11. moonlike

moonlike Banned

i have pure hdn and i beat all top bowzons only with my base charge and grief

charge isnt realy great vs good druids

12. jsyou

jsyou Banned

if you use grief on hdin then it just becomes a liberator with base lvl charge you no longer got 125fcr. i find charge is useful vs none blocking druids when you kill off their minions usually you have time to charge lock and kb them to death.

a liberator can use 125 fcr too same dmg hammers except only lower def because of base lvl hs

13. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

That's the solid, normal BvC setup.

You mean the extra 16% you COULD have? You do not need it actually.

Count no more ( I hope you didn't count for too long though, would be troublesome if you would've counted to 1,000,000 for nothing, right?). All you now need is some patience to read it all:

Happy reading.

14. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

There's a couple of changes I'd make here. Use a zerk instead of pb for extra range. Trang glove for 20fcr and nice cold res, there's not much point to drac's on a libby. Ditch the fcr rings and use a ravenfrost (cbf/ar/dex) and a bk/wisp/dwarf/dual stats ring. I don't like the dual stats ring cos it limits ur flexibility in gear set up. But some ppl like it to save stat pts for extra life.

Enigma is the only choice! Especially if you want to use coa. You need the str bonus, the 2 skills, dr, frw are all great too. Fort would be a bad coice. You can get 75fcr easily without using fort and 75 is enough.

For boots look for tri res with fhr frw, or waterwalks. Your res will suffer with waterwalks tho.

I haven't tried a doom yet, but i keep a silence in my stash. Grief is the number 1 choice tho, use it as much as possible.
    The key to making a good libby imo is in the charms. 4 pcombat will do. You can get 9k min hammer dmg with max conc, hammer, vigor, ba. The rest should be life/res sc's. And that's where it can get expensive!:cry:

15. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

I don't need to translate into english like other second-lingua people do. =/

I've read it before, I just couldn't get link...

Also, if I use arach... I only get 20fcr. Does that even hit a bp? Also, is it ok if I use a 1soc coa with arach? Or switch to vungos?

@libby answers

I was thinking about not using enigma... It would mean I could get vmagi or coh. I didn't think about forti... Didn't realize it had fcr... hmm, that's a solid idea too.

@hdin

Can you get me a video of hdin and libby? I want to compare the two.

Also.... How does desynch work? I know you just move fast enough to lag the server but...

Can you see your own hammers?
    And how do you do it? Isn't it charge, hammer, charge off?

16. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

I never did so? I was simply making sure that I get your point.

It will hit the 17% FCR breakpoint, which is the same as 11 frames. You can of course use Trang-Oul's Claws instead of Dracul's and have 40% FCR. And no, in a public game, having 2 FCR rings with the normal pub setup is not really a good option.

17. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Oh... I see.

I never did so? I was simply making sure that I get your point.
    What are you talking about? I meant that I could probably read it faster then you because english was my base language. Most people usually have to look at an english sentence, then translate it into their own language. I'm not sure, though... but... =/

Thanks, though.

18. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, it's not like that with everyone. For example, I can write just about anything without ever going through a "real" translating process. As in I read it, I understand it, and that's it.

19. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

K, well... I went with my personal experience with spanish... which I havn't studied for for very long.