Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Fury rabies Build : Oak v Werewolf for Extra points if

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Josiphos, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

PvP Fury rabies Build : Oak v Werewolf for Extra points

So...

I have 15 extra points to spend on my build. It seems like Oak dies almost constantly in duels. Should I go for 15 more in WW? Thats 225% more AR vs 75% more (temporary?) life.

Dunno which to do.

Maybe 1 pt in HoW for vs pure meele builds? Some versatility there: 1pt oak, 1pt HoW, rest WW. By my calcs, L10 HoW adds about 80 damage a swing in PvP (as well as +85% AR)...not useless for a 1pt investment...

Lemme know what you guys think.

2. Proxyi

Proxyi IncGamers Member

i make now max ww and one (or rest points in oak) coz oak die really allways and ar can help a lot, however, most of the people choose oak...

3. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

oak gets my vote because oak is more allround while werewolf is for the high def chars and i use angelics there anyway :wink3:

4. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

i have 1 point HoW just to test it... but i dont use it now. thats what i got:

20 001 normal
    21 745 normal + HoW
    22 323 with angelic
    24 270 angelic + HoW
    28 984 dual angelic
    31 512 dual angelic + HoW

//all with gores

i have lv30 ww, 38 f/r, 9 HoW/Oak. when im dual angelic ghosts give me (with bloodfists and aldur shoes to make those numbers more real - i dont have those 40 life skillers ect) :

Oak: 6134 life 30 006 ar 1999-5662 fury
    HoW: 5110 life 32 623 ar 2137-6060 fury

of course every wolf will have more life, more ar and more dmg... i just have poor gear. but i hope you see how it works :)

i still dont know is it good. i need to see those hit change calculators. how many % i get if i jump from 30 ro 32k ar when fighting good baba/smiter ect.

5. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

~2% or so
    other thread has the % to hit calc to try out

6. mugana

mugana IncGamers Member

how did you get 30k ar? Do you have alot of ar charms or is it the lvl 38 f/r that gives you that much?

7. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

f/r + ww + dual angelic + jalal + aldurs boots + some dex for max block :)
    i have 2 scs with a little bit of ar and 1 gc ar/life. but ask other wolfies - they have much more life, ar, dmg. as i said - my gear still sucks. specially charms.

so, if thats 2% hit chance difference and about +200-400dmg with botd zerk, does anyone think its better that +1k life ? i think i prefer 1k more life... and even using HoW just to hit this one rabies doesnt look great for me (used it vs barbs at the beginning).

BUT thats my newest trick with HoW, i used it today and won a duel maybe because of that :)
    HoW can be usefull vs... hammer. when youre at very low hp (for example youre after reshift cause of dmg) you dont need Oak - but HoW can be very usefull. +2% is chance to hit is nice, but +dmg is just beautiful here. Maybe HoW is worth 1 point only cause of this one mach-up. but maybe its usefull somewhere else also?

8. Josiphos

Well thats what I was thinking. For one point (you mean you can't spare ONE point somewhere???!!???) you get the option to use HoW. I can see it being useful in meele when your life gets low...cast HoW and go for one last hit...knowing if you miss, you're dead wether you had Oak out or not. I'd rather have 2% more hit chance with a couple hundred more damage. Can't hurt.

So...It seems people so far are evenly split between 15 in oak and 15 in WW.

Hmm.

Can't decide. I'll see if anyone else will weigh in on this. Kiba? :grin:

9. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Wolfz did max werewolf and rest in oak. I did max oak and rest into werewolf.

10. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

Puma/Kiba, maybe you can guys make a comparison with same gear please? how much life/ar you have. or maybe just check Kibas life with his and then yours Oak and tell what are yours and Kibas +ar/+life from ww/oak?

...or something like that.

11. Josiphos

Hmm. With my rabies/fury [email protected] l90 I have 1 pt in each oak and WW and 15 unspent points. U saying u level to95+ ??

Ouch. i was thinking of stopping at 90...Baal runs are so boring.

Eh. Maybe I will split the difference :grin: