Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pvp foh paladin problem

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by panos_gr, Mar 29, 2004.

1. panos_gr

panos_gr IncGamers Member

pvp foh paladin problem

i posted this onc e but got no answer so ill tray again:>>>

what weapon for fohdin?
    hey all i got this question some time now but nobody seems to answer..the fohdin is for pvp ofc .so here is what i thought

1)wizardspike : the typical cheap weapon..some suggest it but i dunno ...think point is that u do more dmg and lower enemy resist not take less dmg
    2) hoto:imo its not as good in fohdin as in other builds
    3)hand of blessed light: well its total +4 foh(+2 skills) and u can socket with lightning facet...but think next is better
    4)heavens light: +3 skills and 2 socketed can ideally be +3 skills +10 dmg - 10 resist.....till very recently thought this was best but then discovered:p
    5)crescent moon runeword...it gives -35 lightning resistance and from simpel maths(ve seen it in various other posts confirmed) - resist is much more useful than +dmg...especially in pvp where everyone stacks lightning resists..

so what do u think will the lack of skills in crescent runeword still make it better? and sinc e my fohdin will also got smite it could make a decent weapon till i can afford a eth botd and if yes on what weapon to socket bes

2. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

As long as your FOH is kinda high skill level with maxed synergy - worry about your oponent before you worry about yourself. You char should be based on defending other people, and taking their defense to your attack away. Thats what the build is about.

Dont worry about the lack of skills. People ask how my foher has so much damage while holding a wiz spike and no sojs/bks - its simply defense built. Thats the best you can go.

3. death_toll

death_toll IncGamers Member

What about a Silence Phase Blade? It has the resists, and also +2 to skills...One area it lacks is the faster cast rate. It cannot be socketed like wizspike but Silence v. Hoto? I would lean towards silence...It also doubles as a decent (*understatement) smite weapon- Fast Speed, Open wounds (?)-

Btw, nice guide wvx

4. AuraAllan

AuraAllan IncGamers Member

Silence PB is a very nice Smite weapon.

Faster Cast rate WONT work with FoH. FoH is a timed attack. Therefore faster cast rate will only speed up the cast animation.

~AuraAllan~

5. death_toll

death_toll IncGamers Member

I was more concerned with teleporting around while dueling (go enigma!). With 0 faster cast rate, the speed is a little lacking.

6. phantom_i

phantom_i IncGamers Member

:howdy: i use a gemmed phase blade with 6 rainbow facets 5/5 works wonder i have in total in my gear 8 facets 5/5 10 skillers +1 from anni foh dmg is 8k-8.5k
    i usualy kill with 1 hit in pvp

7. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

You are a casting char so naturally a few items you wear Should have fcr. If you are dying put on 20% gloves or something - but you Dont need to be HELLA fast tele.

30/30 phase is a good idea but i think its overkill. Foh is for the -% resist, not damage. I think you could get that from other places easier [even though the -30% will help]

But thats just your preference. I find a 5/5 wiz spike does wonders.

8. Tam Snotthrower

Tam Snotthrower IncGamers Member

This is wrong. Fast cast works with every magic skill in the game. It does not speed up the spell graphic as you seem to think, just the casting frames.
    Spell timers have nothing to do with fast cast.

That being said fast cast is not very important with FOH, but 20% helps.

9. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

What Allan most likely meant by "cast animation" is the thing the char does when he casts, not the lightning itself coming from the sky.
    The time it takes to finish the casting is reduced with fcr, but that doesn't change the fact that you have to wait a second(whatever the timer is on) before you can cast another one.

FCR still helps if you keep getting blocklocked or something else that interrupts your casting, anyhow..it's nice for every spell in the game but not that necessary for some of the timered ones.

10. panos_gr

omg i think i foudn uber solution..pvping some time now and i think best solution would be to have indeed heavens might socketed with 2 5-5 lightning jewels ANd for smite use the cta that ull have for bo on a berseker axe and with good ed.....welll the ultimate solution would be to use cta only once then put into inv the equip smite weapon BUT inv will be full of skiller gcs right?:>
    so what do u think?
    p.s. after some deep thoughts i think best boots are these that give +2 to assasin shadow disciplines...this +30 fr/w and fhr is sooo good:>

11. panos_gr

plus use the zakarum shield with the cta...or even exile l8er and have a 4 socket monarch for foh socketed with 3-4 5-5 light jewels....or alternively u can use a cham and use another bul ring instead of raven....but well....this aint that good;>

12. AuraAllan

AuraAllan IncGamers Member

I was just about to says that :p

~AuraAllan~