PvP Firestorm/Fissure ?

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
Calizzar said:
so would you suggest faceting the ravenlore as well.

30/30 phase blade
20/20 shield
+25/25 helm
=75/75

what kind of mods can you get on a rare ammy? Something like 2 druid skills, 20%fcr, and res/life? or switch out 2 druid skills for 2 ele skills?

the helm is actually 25/5 ;)

a +2 druid, 20% fcr is gonna be extremely expensive

and to be honest, you could pick up a 30 mara's for much cheaper, and would work well (mara's is what I use)

as your resists are gonna suck *** and every bit helps

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
But wont teleing around at 13 frames be slow?
Using a 20/20 armor might sound silly, but it's not an awful idea.

IMO, you shouldn't ever tele on a fissure druid. It's just confusing. Enigma has the 45% FRW that's very important, but you should incoporate more facets (a 20/20 armor) against high life slow characters like sword WW barbs.

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know, tele would be nice to get away from telesmiters and people that just tele on top of you. Not to mention the strategy of just casting a fissure on top of yourself, then teleing away when an opponent jumps you.

WW barbs seems like wouldnt be that bad of a matchup. Cast a fissure on yourself, wait till they come up or tele up, and as soon as they start whirlwinding, tele away and cast another fissure. They'll whirl over atleast a few openings. Rinse and repeat until they die.

This build takes a alot of mastering, but if you can get it down, i think you might be able to have a lot of success.

Against casters, they start to cast their spell. You lay a volcano on them. if they are casting at 8-10 frames, thats 4-5 balls that they'll get hit with before they can tele away.

But a question i have is the importance of grizzly bear. It seems like it could be some help if they stack fire res and absorb. Maybe a point into werewolf, lyc, wb, maul, and shockwave and max gb, and if they stack res and absorb, go shockbear on their ***.

that setup would look something like:

20 Fiss
20 Volc
20 MB
20 GB
11 FS
1 WW, Lyc, WB, Maul, SW, OS, Rav, SW, DW, AB, Cyc Armor
build completed at level 90

This would mean no armageddon. You can use gb against people trying to run away as well. Cast bears in front of them as they run and hope for a few swipes. It wouldn't effective unless minions do more than 1/6 damage, like in 1.09.

Or the max fire build:

20 FS
20 MB
20 Fiss
20 Volc
20 Armageddon
1 OS
build completed at level 89

I think minions will help though when teleing and they come down right on top of you. So this may be a little more balanced:

20 Fiss
20 Volc
20 Armageddon
15 FS
15 MB
1 OS, Rav, SW, DW, GB, AB, Cyc Armor, twister, tornado, hurricane
Build completed at level 90

How would you use armageddon effectively? Does amp damage work with volcano (could try that maul with charges on switch in pubbies)

and i can't wait to try out my prison/volcano scheme against some uber smiter and have them complain and call me a noob

and a quick question about cyclone armor:

if it says absorbs 411 damage, that's after PvP penalty right? Could really help against casters.

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
nickedoff said:
Using a 20/20 armor might sound silly, but it's not an awful idea.

IMO, you shouldn't ever tele on a fissure druid. It's just confusing. Enigma has the 45% FRW that's very important, but you should incoporate more facets (a 20/20 armor) against high life slow characters like sword WW barbs.

only problem with this is you're dependant on strength from nigma to wear a Jmod or 20/20 fire monarch

personally, never take the nigma off is my opinion

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
Calizzar said:
WW barbs seems like wouldnt be that bad of a matchup. Cast a fissure on yourself, wait till they come up or tele up, and as soon as they start whirlwinding, tele away and cast another fissure. They'll whirl over atleast a few openings. Rinse and repeat until they die.
WW barbs ARE easy, even sorbers, just be careful and avoid them as best you can, and keep geddon going for more random damage
Calizzar said:
But a question i have is the importance of grizzly bear. It seems like it could be some help if they stack fire res and absorb. Maybe a point into werewolf, lyc, wb, maul, and shockwave and max gb, and if they stack res and absorb, go shockbear on their ***.
IMO, anything but sinking points into geddon to synergize other stuff and make it stronger is a waste. Your griz does nothing anyways in damage w/o major point investment

Calizzar said:
that setup would look something like:

20 Fiss
20 Volc
20 MB
20 GB
11 FS
1 WW, Lyc, WB, Maul, SW, OS, Rav, SW, DW, AB, Cyc Armor
build completed at level 90

This would mean no armageddon. You can use gb against people trying to run away as well. Cast bears in front of them as they run and hope for a few swipes. It wouldn't effective unless minions do more than 1/6 damage, like 09.

Or the max fire build:

20 FS
20 MB
20 Fiss
20 Volc
20 Armageddon
1 OS
build completed at level 89

I think minions will help though when teleing and they come down right on top of you. So this may be a little more balanced:

20 Fiss
20 Volc
20 Armageddon
15 FS
15 MB
1 OS, Rav, SW, DW, GB, AB, Cyc Armor, twister, tornado, hurricane
Build completed at level 90

How would you use armageddon effectively?

and i can't wait to try out my prison/volcano scheme against some uber smiter and have them complain and call me a noob
somewhat disagree on stat allocation, I don't waste a point in oak sage until the build's into the 90' salready leveling wise

but it's preference

I don't have a single point in the summoning tree, although I could see that 1 point in a ravens then one more to get some wolves would be helpful vs fohers

I dunno, oak sage dies so quick with just a 1 point investment, it was the last point I put into something at about like 93

Big Boss

Diabloii.Net Member
this mustve been what i saw awhile ago, there was a druid casting some invisible looking spell and killing everyone in one hit. he was partied with an foher, but he wasn't always around (the druid was tg'ing) to use his conviction aura with the druid. my barb with 6.6k life and 75 resists nearly died in 1 hit from the first pulse.

Big Boss

Diabloii.Net Member
ok then it wasn't you...either way, it was a pretty cheap trick and effective tg...aside from my slow internet connection, bm, imbalance and exploits is why i rarely pvp.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
ok then it wasn't you...either way, it was a pretty cheap trick and effective tg...aside from my slow internet connection, bm, imbalance and exploits is why i rarely pvp.
It's a very old trick. An easy way to kill them, besides two dstars and a gangel, is to hit them with FoH/TStorm/Dragon Flight/Whirlwind with a huge range weapon as soon as they look like they're going out.

Big Boss

Diabloii.Net Member
ya, but remember he was also partied with an foh'er who was nking as well. i could've got some sorb gear but its not really worth it.

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
Big Boss said:
ya, but remember he was also partied with an foh'er who was nking as well. i could've got some sorb gear but its not really worth it.
hard to sorb high level light AND fire damage with high level conviction and a lower resists wand

rofl

Big Boss

Diabloii.Net Member
he meant using an infinity as his main weapon, not his merc. i dont have any experience on this build or skills, but i think an infinity would at least be a pretty cheap and effective alternative to a 20/-20 shield and hoto, since you get -85 resists from the aura.

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, i said that because i dont know if the bonus of +dmg and -resist worth the -fcr and -resist from the hoto. Also, infinity mean no block at all..

"Worth" it or no?

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
a good idea might be skipping points in summons, and having natures peace and crescent moon in stash. If dueling an foher, you can prebuff a sage and 5 spirit wolves. And stone can give you a clay golem if you need it. That's 7 minions that foh might hit.