Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Firesorc items?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Sorkerez, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Sorkerez

Sorkerez Banned

PvP Firesorc items?

I like the build that i have planned...

20 Firebolt
    20 Fireball
    20 Warmth
    20 Fire Mastery
    1 Telekinesis
    The rest in tele

What items should i aim for? Wiz spike? Occy? Vipermagi? I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

skills: why warmth? it's not a synergy. i would go with meteor instead because it is a synergy.

as far as mana regen, in pvp points in teleport are more effective than points in warmth. (up until teleport is one mana)

as far as gear goes, get 105 fcr. build off of that.

3. FistOfHeaven

FistOfHeaven IncGamers Member

I am amazed at how lacking of any knowlege or common sense this post is. First of all a sorc should never put more then 1 point into teleport, the reduced mana cost is not even remotly worth the hard skill points used to achieve it. Also 20 to warmth holy @&%* is there any worse way to waste skill points. Put those skill points into meteor which is a good spell even in pvp if used correctly also for synergy properties.

4. Sorkerez

Sorkerez Banned

Ok..... So maby i can change it. This is my first pvp sorc ever.

20 Firebolt
    20 Fireball
    20 Meteor
    20 Master
    3 Meteor preq
    1 Tele
    1 Telekinesis

Then what? I still dont know what items either, But i do find what u guys have said very helpful. Another thing is stats. What stats should i aim for?

5. warding

warding Banned

Try this:

20 Firebolt
    20 Fireball
    20 Meteor
    20 Fire Mastery
    1 Teleport
    Rest whatever

I actually duel with my meteorb so it's not quite like this, but its good enough :)

I use:
    CoH
    UM'd Shako
    Weap 1: Hoto
    Weap 2: Occy w/ res
    Shield 1: Um'd SS
    Shield 2: 4 P Topaz Monarch
    Belt 1: Arachnids
    Belt 2: T Gods
    Rings: SoJs
    Gloves Magefists
    Boots: Waterwalks
    Charms: Anni, Fire and Cold charms w/ life, life/resist or life/mana sc

If you're looking for cheap gear, you can go:

Occy
    SS (not exactly cheap but almost mandatory)
    Vipermagi
    + 2 sorc skills or +3 fire skills ammy w/ some nice mods
    IK belt, Tal Belt, Crafted Caster Belt, T Gods might all come in useful
    Magefists, no question.
    Waterwalks, Aldurs Boots, IK boots are nice cheap foorwear
    As many fire charms as you can get
    As many life and resist charms as you can get
    2 SoJs, maybe Ravenfrosts

6. Sorkerez

Sorkerez Banned

The reason behind occy would be the fcr and +3 skills right? I think 1,10 came out with a new orb. it has fcr and +3 skills AND damage increase on spells. Would that be an option maby?

7. aznanarchy6969

aznanarchy6969 IncGamers Member

I duel a little in pubbies with my pure fire sorc and I found that most people who have elemental builds concentrate on that enough damage so that even with full resists (and maybe absorb) i can only take a one or two hits. So basically i just sacrificed all resist gear for pure damage and it works pretty well. With a sorc that has enough fcr and teleport, you're barely get hit if you play right.

Gearwise, I'm using an occy for the points that someone mentioned though I saw an orb that had +3 skills and +15% or so to fire damage. If you found that orb, I'd use that. For a shield, I found Stormshield had too high of a strength requirement so i went with a upgraded Viscuerant that's like 70% blocking or so. I maxed dex for those ww Barbs and Sins. Shako is easy enough to be obtained now and most of the runes were duped mass so getting Chains of Honor and Hoto should be easy. If you can't, good old vipermagi is good. Basically warding explained all of the equipment that you could get

8. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

The orb your referring to that can have a max of +3 skills, and 20% more fire dmg 20% more lightning damage 40% faster cast and 30 energy is called eschuata's temper and is a unique eldritch orb, I think it's really good and sometimes underappreciated out of the three unique sorc orbs however it's great for pvp fire sorcs and lightning sorcs

9. Sorkerez

Sorkerez Banned

I looked up the stats at diabloii.net and the one thing the temper orb doesnt have is resists. Does anyone think that 20 resists is more important than fire damage inc? Im not really sure. :scratch:

10. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

the three orbs for sorcs are occy, eschuata's and death's fathom..

occy is more of a all round any elemental sorc can use type of orb beacuse of the +3 skills..

eschuata's is more for fire or lightning or fire/lightning cos of the plus % damage.

Deaths is IMHO the best orb for a cold sorc..the plus cold damage is very very nice coupled with a maxed cold master.. :lol:

but from my own accounts, a fire sorc is not exactly the best to duel with..i have one sorc from each tree and my FO sorc is the easiest..tele spawn FO run like a dog. repeat. lightning looks cool esp when u flood the whole screen with maxed charged bolts but fire is quite tough to use..meteor is pretty useless cos of the oh-look-out-firery-ball-of-death-coming-towards-blinking-circle thing..fireball though a untimered spell is IMHO pretty tough against good duelists even with a very high FCR..just my 2 cents worth :lol:

11. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

oh and actually if u cant get any of the orbs..a tal's swirling crystal can do quite nicely with some of the items..there is - resists to fire too..maybe u can use that before u get any of the unique orbs since it is terribly common these days.. :surprise: