Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PVP FIRECLAW Equip help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Rangniheldr, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Rangniheldr

Rangniheldr Banned

PVP FIRECLAW Equip help

hi all,

i have decided to make a fireclaw bear, i need some suggestions on the following gear.

6 sock Phaseblade with 6 shael
    Enigma bp
    Jalahs( is Cerebus viable too?)
    Verdungos
    Sandstorm Trek
    Storm
    Verdungoes
    Ravenfrost
    BK
    Im unsure about the gloves, does anyone know what i should use?

I read Colds werebear guide and would like to know if enigma is good for a druid, since it was not mentioned in the guide.

2. lucrativelyrics

lucrativelyrics IncGamers Member

nice set up .. enigma is the way to go = low str turns out to be alot of extra vit in the end.

i would shael ss, faster block frames always help in pvp .

i used a 95 % , 4 to ss skill , 5/5 fire faceted cerebus = more raw dmg.

id probably go dual ravenfrost ( ive seen alot of fc bears have to rely on angelics combo to hit ) . should never have to resort to this ( get 10 ss gcs, and small atr/ life ones.

as for ammy since you didnt post use either maras or 3 shapeshifting , ( mine uses 3 shapeshift/63 life.

and gloves you can go dracs - but i used magefist for extra fire dmg ( 1 fire skill adds to fcs. ) many people use these and ows on cerebus is just fine

hope it helps

3. Rangniheldr

Rangniheldr Banned

ok thx for the fast responce, i suppose COH is only for Pvm. Ill use Cerebus then, i was thinking about using Cats Eye for the amu for more run/walk speed and 25+ dex, that way i could go pretty much all vitality. But Maras gives resist + 2 all skills so ill use Maras. Yes it did help now the only question that remains is what type of armor to make enigma in, a breastplate for more in vitality or a highdef armor(archon)

thx again

-rang

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I would just screw defense and go with vitality since druids have crap defense anyway. Also yours is a pure FC build so 1pt into werebear won't boost your def by a lot.. The high defense armour won't help much.

5. hoh_majestic

hoh_majestic IncGamers Member

i am currently making a fire claw druid not sure if i want bear or wolf yet going ot play with each a bit first

the items i have chosen::
    jalas sock with 15res+fire dmg jewel (might use 5/5 fire facet though)
    archon coh for +skills and resists
    pheonix monarch for the -resists and some nice dmg also fire storm looks nice as an effect(does it get sinergized? since ugotta boost fissure etc any way)
    hand of justice phase blade for -res and some cool mods +aura
    eth treks
    high maras
    raven frost
    +20str +6ml+ar +resist ring
    15dr verdungos
    +20ias crafted gloves or set maganus skin set gloves

the down side to pheonix is less dr and more dex need for max block but eh all that dex will boost attack rating :p and the -res will increase dmg alot

6. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

@Rangniheldr Idealy you would want a 110ias/150+ar pb ... or 110/25+all resist pb. However if you cant get these jewels I would still suggest only putting 4 shaels and 2 x ias jewels w/ second mods. Even if the second mod is 10 poison resist it will be better than 6 x shaels.

@hoh_majestic I would personally go w/ a 4 framed pb over that HoJ . im not sure what the speed on that is but i doubt it will be fast enough on a fc attack. (just looked it up fastest you can get that is 9 franes w/ 60 oias, definitly not worth it) As for phoenix ... if you use that I recommend using ga as armor so you wont have to pump so much dex into your build to get max block.

7. lucrativelyrics

lucrativelyrics IncGamers Member

rang i would go bp enigma ,( but coh will work too , just enigma allows more vit)

hoh - im with voice, i would use the phase with ias since i feel not much else is viable. phoenix is great for the - fire res but the ed % only ups your base melee dmg and if you use the phase ( which you should ) wont make a big difference.
    also i would drop the gloves , go either magefist,or bloodfist. also i think a 15/-15 head hunters might do just as well lol .. with phoenix you will have to have 250 dex at 85 or use ga, twitch which will in the end lower your dmg.

facets can work wonders , 1 in your helm and 1 in your ss ( i normally like shaeld ) will give you -10 fire. ok not massive from phoenix but most chars dont have stacked fire res and if they do , they have just enough for 75 .

using ss will give you more dr . and dmg cause you dont have to use ga. Or if y ou odnt use ga you will have to have less vit . and unless you have good charms these guys sometimes can have lower life.

oh the downside your not as original , but your more viable.

think about it

8. DeamonMonkey

DeamonMonkey IncGamers Member

Hard to beat bloods for gloves.

I like jalas, because of the fhr, res, and stats.

9. Rangniheldr

Rangniheldr Banned

Thx for all the input guys. Im going to use the bp enigma , as you aready mentioned. That will let me pump vitality to very high lvls. With 10 Shape skillers i think i can get to a decent amount of life.
    Ok then this topic seems to be done.

Thx again

greetz Rang

10. Blades

Blades IncGamers Member

i have a question.... i got a botd phase blade sitting in my stash doing absolutely nothing would this be an ideal weapon for a fcs druid or do u really need so much more speed

11. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

more speed ... for pvp ... that thing can hit 6 frames but thats to slow for pvp.