Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Fire Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by BunsenBurner, Nov 7, 2006.

1. BunsenBurner

BunsenBurner IncGamers Member

PvP Fire Druid

I have searched the forums for a while now, and have not found a good comprehensive fire druid build, much less one for pvp. I understand that it might not be the best suited for the job, and will probably be an underdog, but I want to have fun with one, and need some advice on what to use to maximize damage/survivability as much as can be.

I have at my disposal:
    Shako, Though a good Ravenlore looks appealing
    Maras (26%)
    Hoto (30 resist :sad2: ) Is there a better weapon here?
    Spirit Monarch / Stormshield
    Mageplate Enigma
    2x BK ring / 2x Soj or possibly fast cast rings though mine have poor mods
    Arachnid Mesh
    Magefist

Not sure what boots would be best, but I don't have many with good mods. Another area I'm lacking in is charms.. mostly only have a few life and resist charms, no skillers yet.How expensive are elemental skillers on US East Ladder?

One last thing I'm not sure about is skill placement... I have been thinking on doing pure elemental, which would mean armageddon and all synergies, and not doing any summons, but this may not be a good idea... I do not like the fact, however, that spirit of the oak dies so quickly, which is the reason I haven't considered yet. If spirit of the oak is useful enough for dueling, I could knock off one of the synergies of Armageddon for it, though I doubt it will last long in a duel versus anyone.

Any suggestions are helpful, skill-wise, gear, or stat placement (max block or no?)

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Theres a nice guide at battle.net forums. Ill look it up.

edit: Dammit, dont have the time.... :rolleyes:

3. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Of course.

Depends.

Sounds good, but don't get upset when you get run over in duels. Fire druids, IMO, are all or nothing - unless you've got three plus different setups up your sleeve (All facets, one for FRW, one for absorbing each major element, etc) - you'll get smashed in public dueling games.

Some advice that I have no doubt people will argue with -

Enigma is for the skills and FRW. Don't teleport with it unless you really need to. You aren't a hurricane druid or a hammerdin, landing ontop of someone is bad. Get used to 'stepping' fissures toward people while walking into them yourself...namelock sorceresses with a volcano and toss a fissure under chargers, whirlwind barbarians (Not assassins!) and stand-in-place hammerdins. Bone necros and kicksins will give you the most trouble. Try to swing a cano on the nec, if you can, but don't get frustrated if you can't. The best way to stop an assassin dead is to cast a fissure a little behind yourself and walk backward right when the assassin starts a dragon flight (You'll sense it before she does, believe me :rolleyes: ) Casting it directly under yourself will just get you mindblasted, and that's no fun...especially when you're hurting all over from facet equipment and poor block.

4. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Well.... i think volcano is an underused skill. With maxed synergies and coviction from an infintiy merc and facets, it can get pretty powerful. And as it deals 50+ lava bolts per spam, at least 5-10 will hit the enemy in the first few seconds, dealing thousands of damage even after the PVP penalty.

5. BunsenBurner

Any idea on whether faster cast rate affects fire spells? I think I read somewhere that faster cast will increase the rate of firestorm, and if so, I may sacrifice some + to skills for fcr equip. If not, though, I will keep sojs/bks for the skills and just pump my damage that way.

6. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

I'm not 100% sure on that. I believe that it works like FoH in the respect that it'll help the intial cast pump out faster. However, the cool down won't be reduced at all.

7. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

verashiden is right, FCR's overrated

only reason you need much is if you are gonna be teleporting (which you will be)

Magefists, Arach = 40% right there, then just add enough with rings/ammy to get to whatever break you want

imo, you're gonna need mroe facets

I use this for my pvp fire druid on east ladder'

all facets are 5/5 red die facets

4x fire facet jmod, 6x fire facet ethereal crystal sword, Nigma, Firefaceted perfect ravenlore, 2 Druid, 20% fcr ammy, 20 strength, 9 dext, 10 prismatic fcr ring, SOJ, perfect arach, Soul Spurs (yes, on ladder, and yes, I pimped this guy out)

facets are your FRIEND, trust me

I only put 1 point in oak, rest went into fire skills, with geddon last

46% | 68%

these are your two most realistic fcr breaks. 68's obviously better (you can reach it with 2x fcr rings 10% fcr druid ammy and arach/mages)

A Jmod's obviously not necessary, but makes max block possible and your build a lot better

obvious weaknesses: no DR unless you use Treachery prebuff

why this isn't a problem: melee classes will have to run or charge across fissure to get to you. if they can do this and live you're screwed anyways

zon's who are ranged physical damage are easily killed with volcano's for the most part

8. BunsenBurner

Sorry if this is a newbish question, but what's a Jmod>? Never heard that term before.

9. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Jewellers monarch of deflecting.

A magic monarch with sockets and more block. Really expensive.

10. BunsenBurner

Can a Jmod be shopped, or is it a find-only item?

11. BunsenBurner

Thanks for all the good feedback... I have a leveling question. From what it looks like, Armageddon should probably be the last skill I max, since the others seem to be more beneficial overall, and Armageddon is mostly just gravy damage on top. Is my assumption correct? I think the build will only be complete around lvl 90 with the elemental stuff, or 91 with one point in oak sage.

12. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

JMoD is find only btw. :p Good luck with that.

13. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

yo, screw all the blockrate I say, go 100% vitality and fhr: ><

It's such an easy build imo, I'd say forget fcr and go all die facets
    -6os phase blade
    -4os monarch
    -Jalal 'facet'
    -enigma for speed, mainly (I personally think its better as a running build :/)
    -arachnid
    -sojs

Resists....mmm, pfft, just prebuff with treachery or something lol.

14. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

You can use the 3 pgem formula on magic monarchs and try to roll yourself one, good luck with that though...

15. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

Horrible build

Jalals over ravenlore? Never

Enigma? Why not 4x 5/5 facet in a life or fhr armor if you're gonna just run

Running with no block, that's a great strat

if you can't afford a jmod, try a Mosers blessed circle (easy to get max block with) with 2 facets in it

but I disagree that the build should be not made max block

Think about block that's great is when you're blocking an attack, it just gives your geddon more time to demolish your attacker

16. BunsenBurner

I may have screwed up my build already... Should I max armageddon first? Currently at lvl 25 I have 5 in Firestorm, 10 in Molten Boulder, 5 in Fissure, 2 in Volcano (highest it can be right now), and 1 in each prereq. in cold side.

I was reading around and heard that Armageddon should just be 1 point until you max everything else, then poor it on, but if it will be doing most of my damage, what should I hold off on leveling up? I'm ok with rebuilding the char;I have been playing for a long time and have rebuilt countless lol.

17. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Isnt fissure quite good?

18. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

what about a 3socket head hunters glory with 3 fire facets. Little bit of res and you only lose out on one facet. This is if you aren't going for max block.

19. BunsenBurner

Assuming that the shield is only for facets, I see no reason not to just use a Phoenix Monarch. This nets a full -28% enemy fire resist, as well as some other possibly useful mods. What I would still like better, though, is just my Spirit monarch; the 2 to all skills, 55% faster hit recover, 25-35% faster cast, and some resists are all quite appealing to me. Would the Spirit not be viable because of no extra fire dmg except for what 2 skills adds?

20. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Might as well. Jmods are no fun to find. NatureBunns is a l33t fire druid so it's hard to match. Spirit is a really balanced choice on a budget for sure.