Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Fire Druid help.

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Mew, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Mew

Mew Banned

PvP Fire Druid help.

I'm making a fire druid, I'm more of a windy so I don't know a lot about them......So, if you could help me out, that'd be great.

Skills:

20 Fire Storm
    20 Molten Bolder
    20 Fissure
    20 Volcano
    20 Armagaedon

Stats, without gear/charms:

100 STR
    100 DEX
    250 VIT
    Base+50 ENG

Or, I could leave energy as it is, and go for 300 VIT.....or anything else. If somone could help me, that;d be great.

PS: I'm not going to post what gear I'll be using, because I have no idea. Probably full sig for awhile, then I'll move on to better things. If somone could post ideas, thatd rock. Thanks.

2. emar

emar IncGamers Member

I've recently made a Shaman druid for PVP (Fire/Teddy). It balances the fire and summoning pretty well for a more versatile build. It is something to consider if you aren't interested in pure fire. Claniraq has a pretty good guide

His skills placement is :
    Elemental
    Remaining points in Firestorm
    20 Molten Boulder
    20 Fissure
    20 Volcano
    1 Armageddon / prereqs

Summoning
    1 Heart of Wolverine / prereqs (includes 1 oak)
    20 Summon Grizzly

A straight fire druid uses a skill set more like this:
    20 Armageddon
    20 Fissure
    20 Volcano
    20 Molten Boulder
    x-20 Firestorm [maxed last, at clvl 95]
    1 Oak Sage
    1 Arctic Blast
    1 Cyclone Armor
    1 Twister
    1 Tornado
    1 Hurricane

And here's a guide to a Fire PVP setup

Stat distribution should be like this:
    Strength: Enough for your heaviest piece of equipment - str charms can be added to decrease the actual investment (i.e., Hellfire torch, Annihilus, str charms, etc) I wouldn't use straight str charms though, there are better options to fill the inventory.
    Dexterity: Enough for Wizardspike (75) or max block
    Vit: Everything
    Energy: Nothing

Most of the PvP builds are built around a high budget using dupewords and the like. If you aren't going to grab the dupes, read the second guide especially - he provides some solid gear selections that are relatively cheap.

3. Mew

Mew Banned

That sounds pretty good :) Thanks

4. claniraqagainagain

claniraqagainagain Banned

Har, I'm gonna laugh if an admin bans you for thinking that you're me ~_~

Anyways, spot on.

If you plan on PvM'ing, you are much better off with a pure fire druid. If you plan on PvP'ing, you are much better off with a hybrid shaman :)

Anyways, I've been getting around to changing my guide; You can get by just fine with 0 DEX and 0 STR now, with torch/anni/enigma stat bonuses. Trying to max block on a shaman is a complete waste :/

So yeah, decide if ur pvp or pvm before you build your drooid :)

5. claniraqagainagain

claniraqagainagain Banned

Wow im near-sighted.

Yarr if ur pure PvP, shamans the way to go. Just remember that the shaman is a summoner druid with fire, not a fire druid with summons ~_~

6. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

Like a piece of faecal matter that just wont flush, clan Iraq bobs his head up.

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Can faecal matter even do that? I mean...I know that it sometimes fights actually going down the hopper...and just when you thought it was taken away and you go to put the lid down...there it is.

But can it actually "bob it's head up" like you said?

HoS

8. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Actually he's more like a paper bag with a Bear turd in it set on fire that show's up on your front porch , he is a fire /Bearshaman druid after all.

9. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Kiba...back away from the billy madison dvd...you have obviously watched it a few times to many and are stealing scenes from the movie to use in your posts.

Go watch happy gilmore instead now....k?

HoS

10. Darksteel

Darksteel IncGamers Member

Really wish that Iraq didn't leave such a bad impression on you guys. He's actually pretty damn good and was very helpful and nice to me. I made a shaman after his help and out of my PvP charcters I gotta say this is my most powerful along with most fun, and I got some other decent guys too.

11. claniraqagains

claniraqagains Banned

Sadly its been remarkably the *other* way around :/
    This forum left a pretty bad impression on me when someone completely plagurized my shaman guide, copy/pasting everything but my name and posted it on these forums, thinking I didn't read them (which, for the most part, I dont, mind you).

I wasn't very impressed by the moderation.

But hey, I don't care when someone says my shaman sucks. I know my shaman works, and I know they've never even seen a shaman, so its all good ~_~

12. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

stop comming back plz...

reported:tongue:

13. claniraqagains

claniraqagains Banned

You have been reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for pantaloons-related fraud charges.

Return what is not yours and the pressed charges will be dropped, among other things

14. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

While we are on the subject of fire druids I have a question regarding shaman vs. pure fire assuming both use close to the same FCR and the pure fire uses max block where the shaman only uses all vita. Who wins on average since max block will play a big roll for the pure fire druid IMO regarding blocking the bear and volcano, etc. including the huge geddon damage if it hits. Just curious on some feedback. I have a shaman and am working on a 70% faceted pure fire druid build now but in the guides, especially clan iraq's, there is little mention in the PVP area if any at all regarding dueling a pure fire druid with max block, etc.

Thoughts on this. I am no great fire druid PVP yet but love the build, well both builds, and want to get better at it but have always believed that a good pure fire will beat a good shaman?

15. claniraqagains

claniraqagains Banned

Its actually an interesting situation.

I have encountered many pure fire druids, interestingly enough, but I crushed every single one of them because none of them had max block.

Even if they do have 75% blocking, they would need 50% dr also or my bear will still eat them alive in 2 hits. So the idea is, if the enemy fire druid is using storm shield and dungos instead of say a 20/20 shield and arach, I will be able to defeat them in pure fissures v fissures.

But anyway, even if they did have max block, and as much FCR as me, I would still have the upper hand with the bear. Even in caster duels with blockers, it will still eventually hit and decide the game.

But yarr, normal CvC fire druids will get annihilated, whereas max block ones will simply be a duel where the shaman has the upper hand, only slightly if they stacked DR.

16. Mew

Mew Banned

I'm sort of afraid to make a bear/fire druid.......Because usually, any good zealer or sorc can take out a bear in 1-3 hits ;....;

17. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

hmmm, a faceted fire druid has much more fissure damage then a shaman and geddon packs a 17-18k wallop so I guess you have not really had any real duels with a max block (forget PDR for the sec) -75%/+55% fire druid since a fissure vs fissure would normally go to the faceted fire druid listed above since even if you use oaks, etc. they will be dead in a sec anyway and the higher damage chr is going to win. Correct me on this if I am wrong I.E. fissure vs fissure = higher fissure wins in most situations.

Also when you tele on the fire druid I take it geddon never hits?

Just need some clarification on this. Don't get me wrong, I love my shaman but have not PVP'd him a lot since I am still trying to get a +2 druid/+3 grizzly magic or rare pelt for him to finish him off. +5 to grizzly seems like a godsend for the shaman build over a ravenlore.

18. claniraqagains

claniraqagains Banned

Well, I'm sure a very good fire druid could gain the upperhand if he went max block, but a max block fire druid is, of course, a horrible way to build a fire druid.

So I'm just going off experience, since I've dueled dozens of fire druids and absolutely annihlated them all :/

And yes, a bear DOES die in 1-3 hits from a sorc or pally. Beats having those 1-3 hits hit you instead.
    Once the bear starts teleporting, it starts hitting people *alot* easier

19. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

why is a 75% block pure fire druid a horrible way to build a pure fire druid? With good dex and str FCR rings, etc. the dex investment is not that huge and str can still be kept a base str needing no additional points. Just curious?

20. yelopen

yelopen IncGamers Member

Btw, ClanIraq I sent you a PM to claniraqagainagain, but seeing as that one is banned already, not sure you have read it or not.

EDIT: Never mind, you responded on your guide.