Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Etiquette 101

Discussion in 'Classic' started by danbus, Oct 26, 2006.

1. danbus

danbus IncGamers Member

PvP Etiquette 101

Many a time when I duel, I find few people who still have some dueling professionalism. So I thought I might give some ideas of what's considered good form and bad form of dueling.

1. No red/purple pots until someone dies.

2. Saying "g" or go by both parties to start the duel.

3. No naked killing or body guarding.

4. Running back/TPing/tele'ing back to town counts as a loss.

5. Gold stealing is ok unless stated otherwise.

That's all I can think of. Any more would be excellent to have.

2. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

if you are in a public game...#1-4 do not mean anything to hardly anyone on bnet it seems.I hardly ever say go b/c usually I am hostile to 4+ people. And most people start the nk when they know they cant beat you otherwise.

3. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

one of the biggest reasons I don't duel much, is spot on what you just indicated.

seems, with all the far casting hacks, c-lag, bad manners, NK for a quick way of gold farming (and I usually have a ****on of gold on me, to xfer to a higher level char for gambling) it's just not worth the aggravation.

the other flipside, is that there are the kiddies that aren't really there to duel per se' they're there to simply get a much higher level char's ear, at any cost.

if that means they juv 14x, then they do.

while we're on the subject of bad manners... ever see someone run for a combat shrine in order to duel with?

the lying character screen indicates an AR of over 110,000 on my baba's when I have one on, not sure if that's really the case, and/or if it boosts pvp or not.

on that subject, for ****sngiggles, I grabbed one last night, on the river with my din, and it boosted my hammers on the LCS from the normal 11k to 14-15k

is this common knowledge?

:shocked: I have a screenshot at home, but forgot to upload it.

4. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

I dunno about 110000 ar but I am pretty sure combat shrines DO help in pvp and help out alot!

5. KoalaBearThirtyThree

KoalaBearThirtyThree IncGamers Member

I don't duel but what's wrong with a combat shrine? Isn't that part of the game world? Is this no different than running into monsters during a duel?

The few times that I have "dueled" naked body killing seems to be the norm. In fact, getting back your body is probably the hardest part of dueling LOL (at least for newbie duelers/non-duelers like me)...

6. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

combat shrine adding a ****on of AR/Damage isn't really indicative of a player's build/duelling skill in a similar fashion as it's bad form to Juv.

altho, if it's the norm/acceptable, perhaps I should hunt a combat shrine, toss on some bvb gear and grab a 1300 or so dmg chant from my chantress with her relatively newly acquired +2/+3 stick...

I'd have absurd AR, and something like a 4900 dmg WW according to the LCS...

7. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

if thats the case then im gonna throw clegs and a howltusk on my zon after she gets a combat shrine and my smiters fana AND she has a 1600dam chant on her and watch everyone whine. they are all part of the gaming world....and no one should ***** about it correct? There is no manners in dueling anymore, only a select few in private games have gm duels. If you think you are going to go into a pub game and not run into potters, chants, shrine hunters, ww lockers, nkers etc you are in for a big dissapointment. you just wont find it now a days

8. Sebbie

Sebbie IncGamers Member

Honestly there is no manners amongst Diablo players in the first place not just in pvp. People playing Diablo are extremly rude and unfriendly. I wouldn't wanna meet them in person! I know there's some exceptions but the general player is rude and pretty retarded might I add. So when it comes to duelling it just gets worst. I tend to become extremly silent in the duel rooms since you can't get into any inteligent conversation anyway.

When you enter a duel room you know that people are gonna call each other noobs for sure and that they're will be some retarded argument about someone picking up gold. Often the two highest levels are gonna team up too. All part of the behavior of the diablo player. "I own am better then you noob". I see body guarding as a logical step for that mentality.

So for me I do my thing and then I leave when I had my fun. Lately I played a GA zon and am impressed at the results. Also LLD seems alot more relaxed and fun. Although you still get alot of the above don't get me wrong! And not having to fight bone Necro, tele sorceress and hammerdins is good if you ask me. I am not into bvb as it's mostly only a question of gear. Actually pvp is mostly a question of gear let's not kidd ourselves.